TouchtheSky
CooldabberDoUKnowDaWae69

Did Jesus have to die for us to be saved?

CooldabberDoUKnowDaWae69 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

TouchtheSky

Pro

I believe that for us to go to heaven, Jesus had to die on the cross, and no one can make it to heaven by their own efforts. I'd like my opponent to believe in some sort of God, but I'm willing to debate someone who does not agree with the Christian God, such as a Muslim.

The motion is:
This house holds that Christ's sacrifice is necessary for man to go to heaven.

I will be arguing for the motion, and my opponent will be arguing against.

Rules:
1. No offensive language, curse words, or personal attacks (ad hominem). If you have a problem with your opponent, message them privately.
2. Please don't just accept and then forfeit- if you accept, you are requested to finish your argument before you run out of time. If you don't think you'll have time, please message me ahead of time, and we can start a new debate.
3. The first round is for acceptance only, and no new arguments can be posted in the final round.
CooldabberDoUKnowDaWae69

Con

Jesus? He isn't real in the first place.
TouchtheSky

Pro

With all due respect, I asked that my opponent be someone who believes in God, because that's the purpose of the discussion. Christ's existence, however, is also key to understanding this debate, so if you would like to discuss this issue elsewhere, this would be something that I would love to discuss with you. There is actually a lot of historical proof, even outside of the Bible, that Jesus existed, but in the context of this debate, that's not what I've chosen to focus on. If you'd like to discuss this, by all means, challenge me to a debate. I would be more than happy to accept.
Posted by TouchtheSky 3 years ago
TouchtheSky
And yet history says that he was absolutely perfect.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
He was killed because he was a pain in the a.. Today its the same thing...But we often use drones.