NKJVPrewrather
dukeofpanda

Do I have the right to vote for Jesus for President and the Apostle Paul as His VP?

NKJVPrewrather has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Yes, I am serious. I just don't believe in the available candidates, and as a moderate who has failed at all political parties and wants to retain political commentary rights, I will be voting for Jesus Christ, Independent, and Apostle Paul, Independent for POTUS and VPOTUS respectively. I have the religious and political rights to vote for whomever I wish, I am 37 years old from conception, and I don;t care what the Republicrat Party thinks of my personal choices. I could always refuse to vote, but I want to opine.
dukeofpanda

Con

Technically you could write in anyone you want on the electoral ballot. You could vote for bugs bunny, but that kind of vote would simply be seen as you voicing your dissatisfaction in the US government and not as an actual vote. Voting for Jesus would probably be seen the same. He can't be president anyway since he wasn't born in the USA nor is he even a citizen.

But that's a boring answer and not directly opposed to your stance. So, NO, you do not have the right to vote for Jesus for president.

I will present three arguments that focus on 1) your right to vote for Jesus as a US citizen 2) your Christian right to vote for a US president and 3) your right to violate the rights and wishes of someone else.

In the fourth round I won't present any new arguments and instead I will strengthen my previous arguments, present my final rebuttals, and resolve our differences.

In the Fifth round I'll make a closing statement.

1) For my first argument consider this: Could you vote for the leader of an open and hostile enemy that threatens war against the US? No, that would be treasonous. As an enemy of the state, your rights would be revoked.

This means that Jesus is the leader of an openly hostile foreign government this is supported by scripture. To explain:

The Lord's prayer in Matthew 6: 10 asks for God's Kingdom to exert its will upon the Earth.
What we have to realize about this request is that a KINGDOM is actually a form of government. And apparently this Kingdom of God has an agenda; a policy for foreign affairs. Kingdoms also have a leader, a king. So who is the designated King of God's government and what is the will of this government?

In Luke 1: 26-33 the angel Gabriel tells Mary that Jesus will become King of God's Kingdom. Obviously Jesus is King of God's kingdom and there are more scriptures to corroborate this.

Now in regard to the Kingdom's stance on other governments you need to look at Daniel 2:44
In this Scripture Daniel calls attention to what God's government will do to all the other governments. It shows that God's Kingdom will crush, destroy and replace all other governments on Earth. God's Kingdom is openly hostile to all other governments. The book of Revelation even details that their will be a war between God's government under Jesus and the rest of the world.

Now I personally believe that a government ruled by Jesus would be great, but as we see their already is a government ruled by Jesus independent of the US and it is hostile as it seeks to destroy all other governments; essentially its an enemy of the US government. Voting Jesus for US president can be seen as treasonous. Should the US government pursue charges you would lose your right to vote.
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Fair enough. I don't expect to get what I vote for, but I want to vote for people I trust.
dukeofpanda

Con

2) My second argument is that Jesus didn't want his followers to get involved with world politics anyway.

In John 17:6 Jesus stated that his followers were no part of the world just as he.

This isn't to say that Christians should remove themselves from society in anyway. Especially since the early Christians were heavily involved in society through their ministry and they used whatever current technological means available at the time to carry out their tasks.

What this scripture means is that they stay neutral in world affairs especially in political ones. Its obvious that Christians want to avoid killing people. Even when Paul grabbed a sword and attacked a man the night Jesus was arrested Jesus told Paul to put his sword away and that his Jesus followers didn't need to fight. This should let us know that Christians should stay out of wars.

Historians even noted that early Christians during the time of the Apostles refused certain duties of Roman citizens and wouldn't hold any form of political office.

Christians want to be citizens of God's government. US citizens don't vote in Canadian elections do they? God's citizens don't vote in US elections. Consider James 4:4 it says that friendship with the world is making yourself an enemy of God. For example could you imagine if a US citizen tried to run for office in North Korea or something? It would be treasonous or they'd have to surrender their US citizenship and defect. As a Christian it can be seen as defecting if you get involved with world politics by running or voting. How far am I, as a Christian, removed from the world? That's a question every Christian should ponder.

Your concern is justified in wanting people you can trust. But remember these scriptures 1 John 5:19 and John 14:30
They tell us that the world lies in the power of Satan. You aren't going to get people you can trust because all the governments of the world belong to the wicked one.
Posted by mosc 3 years ago
mosc
vote for jesus son of Zeus in your padded cell.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
You really really really really want jesus as president? Are---you---serious?
http://www.youtube.com... - Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey jesus?

Great family values statements "abandon your families, give away all your possessions, follow me:
* Matthew 10: 35-37 "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

* Luke 12 51-53 "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

* Matthew 19: 28-29 "28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."
---------------------------------------------
* Luke 14:33 "So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple."

* Luke 18:22 "Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me."