Takaakiishikawa
ksenianova

Do looks matter the most in a romantic relationship?

Takaakiishikawa

Pro

Although, It is viewed as the least superficial thing to say looks do not matter, What matters the most is personality can be taken as a fake comment people say.
Nowadays, We have social media, Where our attentions go out of the time. The world is all about images.

Regardless it is a woman or man, Dating is completely a appearance game.
Who takes extra time to spend days/weeks with a guy/girl you aren't physically attracted to and try to find out if the person is a good fit for you?
ksenianova

Con

Hello!

As CON, I will be arguing that romantic relationships need not be dictated by "looks". It is natural to be attracted to those you find attractive, But what actually defines that attractiveness? What you may be physically attracted to, Another person may not. This is why it is misguided to assume that we all seek attractive mates. It is correct that a person whom may be considered conventionally beautiful, Will attract more people. However, This is to varying degrees, And it could be that the people they"re attracting have other preferences that they do not necessarily fulfil. Couples only truly find out if they"re compatible after being together for some time, And it isn"t physical attractiveness that determines compatibility. . . People have to truly connect with each other, Which is a process that transcends the superficial.
Takaakiishikawa

Pro

Takaakiishikawa forfeited this round.
ksenianova

Con

ksenianova forfeited this round.
Takaakiishikawa

Pro

Takaakiishikawa forfeited this round.
ksenianova

Con

Vote CON.
Posted by omar234 3 years ago
omar234
@Thoht

I see your point on the sexual relationship in your first sentence. Not in your second sentence "These are the only relationships that are purely sexual in nature. " What about a serious relationship -- a husband and wife, That relationship involves sex. Or are you simply saying that they one night stand type relationships are only meant for only sex and nothing else from both parties? If so, I understand you now.

"Romance doesn't necessarily involve sex. "
By seeing "necessarily" I sense that you believe that romance does have something to do with sex (which it does) and at the same time, It more so doesn't involve sex (which I agree with) it's more so going on nice dates, Couples slow dancing to music, Showing affection, Things of that nature. Romance can sometimes lead up to sex, But not all of the time.

"In many cases, Looks are entirely irrelevant. "
Other people may think otherwise. Do you have any sources, Examples or personal experiences of your own to prove this?

May your thoughts be clear,

-Omar
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
Romance doesn't necessarily involve sex. In many cases, Looks are entirely irrelevant.

By Sexual relationship I do mean one night stands, Fck buddies, Et cetera. These are the only relationships that are purely sexual in nature.
Posted by omar234 3 years ago
omar234
@Thoht

But a relationship involves romance and sex.

Romantic relationship (In other words, Intimate relationship) - An intimate relationship is an interpersonal relationship that involves physical or emotional intimacy. Physical intimacy is characterized by friendship, Platonic love, Romantic love, Or sexual activity.

When you differentiate the two, Do you just mean:

Romantic relationship > A serious relationship?
Sexual relationship > When two people are just dating? Or a one night stand? In other words, A not so serious relationship?
If so, Then I understand you now.

Whether it be either one of those types of relationships, I'd say it can be either or. Some people may care about looks, And others don't. What I mean is, In a serious romantic relationship someone may require a person who is physically attractive and in a sexual relationship someone may not have the best looks but are good in bed.
Posted by NDECD1441 3 years ago
NDECD1441
I would accept, But I have a tendency to forfeit my debates. This is too good to forfeit to.
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
In a romantic relationship no. In a sexual relationship yes. Not sure whether or not Pro is confusing the two.