realdanieldancuta
Sounds2000

Do we need to stop all of the people coming into our country illegally, Or send them back?

realdanieldancuta

Pro

Illegal immigration is a dangerous cancer in our society and our country. To have anyone coming into our country at any time holds too many variables to account for. Are they pregnant? Are they infected with some disease? Do they want to work? Are they criminals? The definition of illegal immigration refers to the migration of people into a country in ways that violate the immigration laws of that country. In the United States of America, We cannot allow anyone to come into our country because if we do we will have zero regulation, Zero safety, And zero way to ensure that they will help our society and economy. For the people who come into the US illegally, And are split apart from their parents, I cannot explain why you are stupid enough to complain over this. If the person debating me here is really going to take the stance that it is a bad thing to split them up then I feel bad for you. Next, I would like to point out that you can come to America legally, And while it is hard, And I approve of it being easier were not there yet. We need to get our citizens and our country in line before we start being flooded with new people. Once our poverty rate and unemployment rate go down (Which is another debate, And is only possible if we cut the population of people in the country) then we can accept people at a higher rate. Love to hear what you have to say. At least don't say your Anti-ICE ;)
Sounds2000

Con

I would like to begin by addressing the separation of families mentioned by my opponent. I do not think that separating children from their parents is a good idea. Though I thank my opponent for his pity, I think there is an important argument to have on this issue. Separating children from their parents has no practical purpose; it is simply cruel. It is unnecessary, But more importantly, Counterproductive. Practices like this only can lead to greater hatred of our government, And further radicalization. While America does need to maintain the rule of law (which I will address further later on), It is unnecessary to act like thugs while doing so.
My opponent argues that it is too risky to let everyone in, Because we don"t know who they are. While on the surface this may be true, What we do have is a significant amount of statistical data that shows who is coming into the country. On the whole, We"re looking at mostly people of working class age who can contribute to the economy, Not opportunistic criminals or diseased migrants. I cannot in good faith argue that there is no risk to the country, But the risk is not nearly as high as my opponent attempts to make it seem.
Furthermore, My opponent argues that before bringing in more immigrants, Our domestic economy needs to be stabilized, Which can only be done by closing off the country. The economic argument he presents is deeply flawed, For many reasons. He assumes that the demand for labour is constant, And that people coming in from other countries take away job opportunities from American citizens. Unfortunately, This is simply false. When people come into the country, They may be taking jobs, But they will be using the money they earn from those jobs to buy domestic products. This will increase the overall demand in the economy, And more jobs will be created as a result of the higher demand. More immigrants, Especially immigrants with children, Will actually create jobs. They will not take jobs away.
The reason America can"t send illegal immigrants back is because they are necessary to the economy. On the whole, Illegal immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in government services, And they work the jobs that American citizens simply don"t want to do. The American economy benefits greatly from these illegal immigrants, And the cost of removing them would be too high. Furthermore, America is in a position where it needs immigrants. The baby boomers are starting to hit retirement, Meaning they will no longer be contributing to the economy. In addition, Americans haven"t been having as many children as they did in the past, Which means that we simply will not have the workforce needed to support the big wave of people retiring. The best immediate solution is to encourage immigration, Especially for people of a working age. Otherwise, We simply won"t be able to sustain ourselves.
While we do need to protect the rule of law, We need to ask ourselves why people are willing to risk so much to come to this country illegally. From the comfort of my middle-class life, I cannot imagine what it would take for me to migrate illegally. If legal immigration was easier, The number of illegal immigrants would diminish, But we would still receive their benefits. This is why illegal immigrants should be granted amnesty, And legal immigration should become easier.
realdanieldancuta

Pro

realdanieldancuta forfeited this round.
Sounds2000

Con

Sounds2000 forfeited this round.
realdanieldancuta

Pro

realdanieldancuta forfeited this round.
Sounds2000

Con

Sounds2000 forfeited this round.
Posted by Shavo 3 years ago
Shavo
"Do we need to stop all of the people coming into our country illegally, Or send them back? "
You might want to specify "our country" because my country is Australia
There are many countries on the planet.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 3 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
oops, Can't post links
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 3 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Please vote on this debate, I'll owe you a vote. I won it. Loss of conduct points to my opponent for insults and being nonsensical: https://www. Debate. Org/debates/How-moral-are-you-in-accordance-with-the-christian-god/1/