Bree2616
dbox

Do we value only what we struggle for?

Bree2616 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Bree2616

Con

Hola everybody! I am here to talk about whether or not we only value what we struggle for. This is a topic that I am currently writing for for my English class.

In my opinion, This is not just a black and white argument. I think that it can go both ways. Some may argue that we do only value what we struggle for because in order to have something that means a lot to you. . . You have to work for it. And that can absolutely be true. It can also be true that we do not always have to "struggle" for things that we truly value. For example, Some may feel that they do not consider it a "struggle" doing something if they truly love it. A good example would be a career example. Let's say that a veterinarian worked very hard for 6 years in order to be able to do their job. If they truly love it, Then they might not have viewed it as a struggle. While others again, Might view it that even though they love being a veterinarian, They might have hated the training and the long years in order to do their career in which they love.

I can't wait to see what you guys think!

Please share! And again, Thanks!
dbox

Pro

Good Day Con,

This is interesting, And I would say it is black and white if you define the term "struggle" unambiguously. So, For the sake of debate, I will take the liberty to play around with this as it has yet to be defined. Struggle- to make strenuous or violent efforts in the face of difficulties or opposition; to proceed with difficulty or with great effort.

The effort exhibited is irrespective in regards to its relationship to the persons' subjective emotional reaction to the effort. Fighters struggle undoubtedly, But they like it (presumably). I struggle to grow as a husband, But I like the effort required. Anything that a person values, Has to be attained which requires action as opposed to doing nothing. This world provides resistance and guidelines for action, And we work within those guidelines to obtain what we have decided is worth attaining. Even if what you value is gifted, You have to struggle to keep it. There are definite exceptions, But they are few and far between.

Respectfully,
dbox
Posted by zhubwat 3 years ago
zhubwat
I feel like this is only a black and white argument when it's pro vs con. When you're only factoring in the con's side, Then it stops being black and white.
I don't know, Someone will prove me wrong.