Bakerymancer
Antoine_Wolfgang

Do words have more influence than our actions?

Antoine_Wolfgang has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Bakerymancer

Pro

I, personally, believe that words can do more damage than we give them credit for. Wars are never started until one side declares it so, even if the other's sides actions are atrocious they must first state they will go to war. Hitler, he didn't start the Nazi party of his actions but by his words. He would go from place to place, gathering people to his side, convincing people to join him in making Germany a great place, which he only succeeded to making it worse.

Stalin rallied the people to his side, his words spurring them into a revolution. Both his words and actions brought the people out from their suffering, where he soon lead them into even more suffering.

Words have more power than we give them credit for, but our actions also have power as well. Rosa Park's is a good example of this, her action of not giving up her seat to white person. Her actions spurred others to see things differently.

My question is, where do you stand on this topic? Do you think words are stronger or weaker than our actions?
Antoine_Wolfgang

Con

I accept your challenge! Present me with your thoughts and arguments and I shall return with my own.
Bakerymancer

Pro

I feel words are more powerful than actions, but not in every situation. I feel words are most powerful in someone's younger years, such as their teenage years and younger. Also, people with mental health problems such as depression and anxiety, to these people what others think of them, and say about them, have the biggest impact on their lives and their self image. I've seen what words can do to people, it can bring them to their lowest. I've also seen what actions can do, they can have the same affect but it's easier to heal because you don't have the words nagging at you constantly.