backwardseden
isaac.geisler

Do you as a christian believe that you should follow your bible to its exact wording?

isaac.geisler has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Con

Do you believe that you as a christian should follow your bible to its exact wording? Or do you believe that you can take liberties and change a few things to suit your wants, needs and desires because some of the verses, or even a lot, do not fit with today's standards and or with what you believe? Y____? N____? and most importantly give the Why____? or the Why not____?

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process
isaac.geisler

Pro

All the commands and suggestions given in the New Testament are to be followed. The Old Testament is only there for understanding, and for people who study history. If today's standards do not agree with the bibles commandments then you must stand rigid against society and its stupidity. Standards change, God and his commandments do not.
backwardseden

Con

So then according you, a true dimwitted dullard snot meat sow who does not know anything at all about his religion, you do not believe in the god according to the OT, creation, the great flood (in which never happened and is the biggest flaw in your bible and automatically proves your god to be false) , Noah, the ark (which could have never floated), exodus, moses, the 10 commandments - none of them are valid to you (this is really fun btw), the parting of the red sea, the 10 plagues, passover, the burning bush, Sodom and Gomorrah etc etc etc. None of it is true to you.
And to prove you 100% false here's a video for your teeny tiny cabbage batbrain to look at...
http://www.youtube.com... - The Atheist Debates: But That's the Old testament! Oh and Matt Dillahunty will know A LOT more about YOUR bible, god and religion, than YOU EVER will.

Now here's what you DO believe in and again this is going to be a lot of fun...
You believe in a preconceived and ordained hell because of the sins that you commit every single day of every single second that you breathe because you cannot follow your christ's orders. And you have to look mover your shoulder for this ridiculousness.

http://www.youtube.com... - Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey jesus?
1. Yeah yeah right you should love your enemies. Are you seriously going to love someone who constantly kicks the s--t out of you? NO. And you shouldn't, not for any reason either. Its a stupid commandment. And this country is also not going to let it guard down and love N. Korea or Russia anytime soon either.
2. Give up ALL OF YOUR POSSESSIONS. In no possible way will you do this. Not ever.
* Luke 14:33 "So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple."
* Luke 18:22 "Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.""
* Matthew 19:21 "21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."
* Matthew 13: 22 "22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful."
3. An this is the very best part. You MUST hate your family. Your brother, your sister, your parents. ALL OF THEM. No exceptions.
* Matthew 10: 35-37 "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."
* Luke 12 51-53 "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."
* Matthew 19: 28-29 "28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."
Are you kidding any overbaked goose liver from the upper level of the checkbook unchecked brain left on loose change control? NOBODY, 0% of this planet"s population is going to give up their families and "follow" christ, well follow him where in the first place - to air? And give up your families, well that"d only be true if there was severe stunted abuse.

Oh and oh yeah. So your god in which you cannot even prove even exists, created this christ in which was clearly insane, and there's no proof he even existed as well, was clearly not the messiah because he broke several of your god's laws from the OT which remain true because...
4. *Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."
*Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
*Psalm 19:7 "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."
In other words god"s word is PERFECT. It cannot be change by anyone or anything. Christ, being the lowly drab that he supposedly was in which like god who in which nobody can even prove has ever existed could---not---change---god"s---laws---because---god"s---word---is---PERFECT---and---cannot---be---changed.
5. god never appointed this travesty named jesus as the messiah and thus gave him super duper powers to change his laws. god never stated anywhere in his bible something to the effect of "I the lord thy god grants jesus the power to change my laws, rules and regulations." The fact of the matter is, is that it doesn't exist anywhere. But in truth I hope that you find it, because then that would mean that your god has appointed a well known liar. And if god is god, this supposed god would know that this jesus would lie. AND he would also know that this jesus would point blank do it several times.
6. jesus flat out lied SEVERAL TIMES in the printed bible which is most certainly not becoming of any messiah.
Matthew 16:28 "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."
* Mark 9:1 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power."
* Luke 9:27 "But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
Taken from The Secular Web- Fatal Bible Flaws?
"Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he comes again in his kingdom. This was said almost 2000 years ago.
(Note: This passage and many others indicate that Jesus was to come again in a relatively short period of time and not just "quickly" as present day Biblicists assert. All of his listeners are now dead, yet Jesus has not come again in his kingdom. All of the alleged words of Jesus put forth in the Bible are therefore suspect.)"
* Mark 16: 17-18 "17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."
Well gosh golly gee gosh darned it all, how many have YOU personally witnessed who have survived who can drink a snake"s poison and survive? "A believer can handle snakes or drink poison and not experience any harm.
(Note: Many unfortunate believers have died as a result of handling snakes and/or drinking poison; this kind of assertion negates the Bible as a useful guidebook for life. It should also be noted that the oldest manuscripts of Mark end at MK 16:8; as the footnotes to The New Oxford Annotated Bible put it, verses 9-20 cannot have been part of the original text of Mark.)" Yes Your bible says this. So be the klutz of the year and follow this and see where it get you!!! Why DEAD of course!!!
* Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
* John 14:13 "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."
Yep yep yeppers so go right ahead and pray for that golden rolls royce and for it to show up at tomorrow"s b-day only to see that it will never show up. Pray for that annoying skyscraper to be pounded to dust because it is blocking your view, only to see that it will never happen, pray for the sun to go supernova because you are a sick individual and you want to see the world end only to see that it will never happe. Oh yes pray for ANYTHING in jesus"s name and expect to get it because that"s EXACTLY what YOUR bible says. Yeah Its all oe big brownshoed lie by your friend and el grando nursery rhyme character jesus christ.
* John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
There, jesus self appointed himself to be the messiah in which god, his commander in chief gave him no permission to do as such, thus that"s a lie. Even so, billions who do not believe in this christianity maggoty religion without cause should take that offensive posturing very seriously. And, well let"s put it this way, christ is the most fought after figure in history. So again, why believe? And even better yet, billions are convinced that their religion is correct and not this christ *yawn* crap. So they, ab-so-lu-te-ly would consider christianity with that one verse to be a true rolly polly cookie batter up box sweet HUGE lie and rightly so as there"s NOTHING, no EVIDENCE to support anything for christ.

So your new testament is false. christ is false. christisanity is false.

I'm so very glad I made your day better. Please do not post me again unless you have something intelligent to say.
Posted by mosc 3 years ago
mosc
The Bible its only a translation. Relying solely upon a person translation -- totally weak. Only a fool would follow the bible translations.