KJVPrewrather
DoulosChristos

Do you support a rape victim's right to choose?

KJVPrewrather has forfeited round #5.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

KJVPrewrather

Pro

Pro means yes, and con means no. I support a rape victim's right to choose the following: emergency contraception, adoption, abortion, and parenting, ALL without her rapist's consent.
DoulosChristos

Con

I support the victim's right to choose adoption (I don't see parenting as something any victim would choose, but I suppose there's no reason they couldn't) I will not comment on emergency contraception as this is a gray area for me. I do not support the victim's "right" to abortion. As this would mean the termination of an innocent human life.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I support and prefer adoption right for rape victims, but 31 states here in the US allow a rapist to sue for custody, so she is unable to choose adoption. I was raped, and this is all I could think about. I get it it, believe me. It is a human life, but forcing a rape victim to choose between coparenting with a rapist, or walking away and letting her baby be raised by a rapist. Look, I'm not trying to play the victim, just humanize a human issue. I believe personally that personhood begins at implantation of a fertilized egg, but support choice foir rape victims. What if she is 14 years old? She has the right to choose in that situation. I am including a link to a video proving my accusation about 31 states. One thing we both can do is contact legislators to fight for her right to choose adoption without her rapist's consent./ Love you. Proof:
DoulosChristos

Con

" I get it it, believe me. It is a human life, but forcing a rape victim to choose between coparenting with a rapist, or walking away and letting her baby be raised by a rapist"

All of these options are obviously horrific, but do we really want to make ending an innocent life the lesser of these choices? I argue absolutely not.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I was raped. I had the absolute right to take the morning after pill to avoid coparenting with my rapist. That right of all victims is absolute, and saying otherwise is rape culture.
DoulosChristos

Con

" I had the absolute right to take the morning after pill to avoid coparenting with my rapist"

I thought we were talking about abortion, not emergency contraception?
KJVPrewrather

Pro

We are talking about abortion, and rape victims have the right to not coparent with a rapist.
DoulosChristos

Con

That's what I thought. I am against abortion, as I have stated. I have no comments on anything else
Posted by Ethan123454321 3 years ago
Ethan123454321
Sorry ment pro not proud.
Posted by Ethan123454321 3 years ago
Ethan123454321
I Am Proud For Rape Victims To Chose Adoption

I don't see why the mother of her child can't adopt and take care of her baby. I don't think it is fair to take the child away if the mother can and wants to take care of it. I also agree that a rapist should not have right to take that chance away. If you really want to have your baby after everything, I truly believe that they shall have the right to do so. You can't just take a child from its mother if the mother wants to see it. It's a connection that all mothers have to children. Yes abortion to me is extreme and a alternative should be adoption because it doesn't have to die but I feel that adoption to rape victims for their kids should strongly be allowed