Anonymous
ESEPanda

Does ASI negative consequences outweigh the possible positives?

Pro

I believe that yes, ASI(Artificial Super Intelligence) will have more negative consequences than positive.

Good luck to my opponent and please don't accept if you are a troll.
ESEPanda

Con

Good luck you too! And no, I"m not a troll. :)

Anyway, I think that ASI will have more positive consequences than negative

I"m guessing we are going to start the opening statements round 2 then?

Pro

ASI is so intelligent and complicated that we can't even try to grasp 1% of their intelligence. When ASI is created, There will be a tripwire. An intelligence explosion. The IQ will skyrocket from 188 to over 500 in hours. This is because it is learning in bigger gaps. To put this in perspective, Let's say we travel back in time and take a guy from 1750 and bring him here. He will die from shock. But if we put a guy in 1500 to 1750. The guy would not die from shock. In order to achieve that we will have to go back to pre-middle ages. Before that, We have to go back to the stone age, And before that hunter-gatherer age. This is because as societies develop, The tools in order to develop develop and then there is an explosion in society. This is what's happening today. Let's apply the same principal to ASI.

So ASI is now trillions of times smarter than any other human and has pumped out the best scientific research ever. However, Any task given to ASI is a danger. Let's say a very simple task, Get rid of spam email is assigned to ASI. ASI starts to think and learns that he could use the delete button. He is good now so ASI automatically deletes spam. An Intelligence explosion happens from self-learning and then the human race is extinct the next morning.

Why? Well, How to get rid of spam completely. Getting rid of humans. ASI is trillions of times smarter than any other human so now the ASI realizes through self-learning that to get rid of spam is to get rid of humans. The ASI being so intelligent easily kills of humans for good. This is the biggest risk since ASI and AI, In general, Are not self-aware.
ESEPanda

Con

While ASI is intelligent, I feel like people overrate how intelligent it actually is. Yes, ASI is probably smarter than anything existing on Earth, But it isn"t as smart as people think it is. People constantly think that ASI is going to be the start of World War III or something crazy like that. Really, AI isn"t going to take over the world. Sure it will be the smartest thing ever to be created, But they won"t grow legs and arms and destroy all humans. Also I know we shouldn"t rebut here, But there isn"t really a way for the human race to go extinct from ASI.

Pro

I probably should"ve cleared this up in the beginning. ASI are not robots and will not cause WWIII, Nor will it take over the world. That was a misconception created by Hollywood. I never presented this as one of my arguments, So you are only rebuttalling idiots who don't understand ASI.

ASI could also be used as a tool for WWIII by militaries. Especially looking at the current state of country tensions right now.

"While ASI is intelligent, I feel like people overrate how intelligent it actually is. Yes, ASI is probably smarter than anything existing on Earth, But it isn't"t as smart as people think it is. "
} Again, In my first argument I presented the case of The Law of Accelerating Returns. People think that AI will develop at the same rate constantly, But this is not true. Again using my example, Technology in 1500 grew a lot slower than today. With AI, Its self-learns and then takes larger and larger leaps in intelligence and faster. Use Mar. Io as another example. It starts out really bad. Then it gets better and better faster and then it is really good at Mario. To get it at inhumanely good only took about 30 seconds. When getting to really good at Mario, Took 3 minutes. Adjust AI development using this law and it gets pretty scary how I will have an IQ of over 12K.

My main argument is that any task given to ASI is a risk.

"but there is"t really a way for the human race to go extinct from ASI. "
} Yes there totally is, Remember ASI is trillions of times smarter than all humans combined and can hack into any infrastructure it can, Undetected and in the stock market.
ESEPanda

Con

"With AI, Its self-learns and then takes larger and larger leaps in intelligence and faster. " AI doesn"t self learn, For instance the Amazon Echo. The echo is an AI, But it doesn"t self learn. Humans put knowledge into the device and still currently do. For example, In the super bowl. You could ask "Alexa, What are your Super Bowl Predictions, " and she will respond. That response though is really humans putting a "if this is said, Then Alexa will say that" format. So when I asked my echo, "Alexa, What are your predictions for the Super Bowl, A human really made the prediction and made the echo say, "While I really want the Rams to win, I think that the Patriots will come up on top, And Brady will have to wear his next ring on the other finger. " Also if an AI were to play Mario, That doesn"t really help you destroy human population. It"s not like the AI is going to use their Mario knowledge to destroy humans. All in all though, ASI"s main goal isn"t to destroy, But to use its knowledge for good.

Pro

Amazon Alexa and Google Echo are both consumer products and ANI. I was very careful to say ASI because of this very reason. Amazon Alexa DOES have the power to look up what the experts say on the super bowl and even form her own prediction. But it is a consumer product. All AI self-learn. Even ANI today. Microsoft put up a twitter for humans to answer so the AI can SELF-LEARN human activities and adapt.

Mar. Io was a example of The Law Of Accelerating Returns and also an ANI created by a single person. Again, Every task is a risk for ASI and this is a argument that CON has not been able to answer.
ESEPanda

Con

ESEPanda forfeited this round.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
*broad
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
yeah AI is just too much of a brad term. ASI is better when talking about this subject.
Posted by ESEPanda 3 years ago
ESEPanda
I really just wanted to accept a debate, So I looked up what ASI was in the first place, And it said the theory of AI taking over
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Again Amazon Alexa and Google Echo are not ASI
Posted by ESEPanda 3 years ago
ESEPanda
Good debate, May the best man win