Anonymous
Our_Boat_is_Right

Does God Exist?

Anonymous has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Con

Begin in the first round.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Although there is no video or physical evidence, there are many convincing cases. I would encourage you to read the book, "Case for Christ." It is the story of how a skeptic went to a believer due to overwhelming evidence for it. I will highlight a couple pieces of evidence. The Bible is sorta like the kid's "telephone" game. But instead of passing the Bible along to one person, they passed it on to multiple people. There are over 20,000 different versions of the Bible today, and they are all 99.9% accurate to each other. In the Bible Jesus performs many miracles. Some skeptics say that he was hypnotizing people. This is proven false because the chances are extremely low that he would hypnotize 1 person, much less hundreds of people in the case of Jesus feeding the 5,000. It i probably hard to convert to Christianity. In the end it all comes down to faith. I would encourage you to just ask something like this "God, I don't really believe in you, but if you are there, give me a sign that you are there." It may take some time, but God has the power to change. If you want to discuss the legitimacy of the Bible or certain aspects or stories of the Bible, let me know.

Con

My opponent appears to concede in the first sentence, "there is no video or physical evidence." However, I would like to examine the rest of his argument. My opponent states that there are "20,000 different versions of the Bible today, and they are all 99.9% accurate to each other," but this statement is meaningless. Each bible is a translation of another, so you would expect them to be accurate, though I could not find the 99.9% figure in any source.
"Some skeptics say that he was hypnotizing people. This is proven false because the chances are extremely low that he would hypnotize 1 person, much less hundreds of people in the case of Jesus feeding the 5,000." Again, I'm not sure what this statement proves, as I agree that it is pretty unlikely that Jesus hypnotised people, but I feel like this doesn't prove whether God is real or not, which is the topic we are here to debate.
As I have not incurred a burden of proof upon myself, I will wait to provide an argument until my opponent does.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

To be honest with you, now that I think about it, I should not have accepted this debate in the first place. I'm 14, and simply just have not done enough research/have not invested the time in the actual evidence. Again I would encourage you to read the book "Case for Christ" as the author states much more evidence clearer than I do. There are definitely pro's and con's to the evidence, but there is also no proof that God does not exist. Like I said, in the end it comes down to faith, and I know that is a very tough decision for most people. Faith is believing what you can not see.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
asta
Are you being sarcastic? A simple google search could answer your question?
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
Screw this "You have to believe in him" mumbo, jumbo.

Science has confirmed that God exists. If god didn't exist, then why would solid ice float on water when solids are usually more dense then the liquids they melt into? Why would Ice be less dense in the first place if the vast majority of other solids don't follow this rule? What would life be like if Ice wasn't like this? Was this weird fact by chance, despite the low chances, or was it be design?