YeshuaBought
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Does God exist: please watch/

WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

YeshuaBought

Pro

Introductory evidence:
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Con

Hello again

My biggest issue with religion is that, may it be a beautiful thing that helps people morally and teaches lessons to be a good person. It's creation was made after so many other ideas of creation were made. I believe that it helps people who need it, like people who can't rationalize the idea that they will die someday and that's it. Don't take this personally please I'm just giving my opinion about it. I would absolutely love if God came to me in a dream and told me that I'd be saved after I die and sent to heaven. I personally am young, 20. So I may even see in my lifetime an extension of life or even a way to upload my consciousness into a computer which I would do.

Religion is important because it's a free way to teach people how to be good. I've read and listened to many stories in the bible on the radio and the books themselves. There may be some weird rules in it but no one really takes it fully to heart. Even those devote Muslims take the Quran to heart. Which leads me to the next part.

There are so many interpretations of god and an afterlife. So many different ideas but they mostly all come down to the same idea. That there is paradise, or there is nothing or hell. As someone I am sure you are, believes in god because he has always been in your life. It strange to think that others just don't believe in him. I personally don't believe in him the same way I don't believe that my finger is going to turn into a tree branch the next day after I go to sleep. I hope there is a larger being out there, aliens even.

There is no easy way to really debate this without talking about this as if we were talking about a movie. It's just not believeable no matter how much you go off of the books or the world around you. Religion just makes sense to the average person. God created all, he watched over it and created more and more.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 " And God said, Let there be light: 2 Cor. 4.6 and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

These verses explain it all really. He's made everything in this book and so it must be true, the only problem I have with it is that it was created nearly 2000 years ago. And before that there was man, and gods before the god of the book. And of course, there will be arguments about whos god is right and whos wrong. But whos to say as each book and scroll isn't correct because another human made it.
YeshuaBought

Pro

Did you just ignore my evidence and refuse to watch due to your own presuppositions? What about the Kalaam cosmological argument which states that everything that has a beginning also has a cause? What price will you pay if I am wrong? That would be Pascel's wager.
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Con

No no, I did watch your video. But going off of a theory doesn't make the idea perfectly right. I've talked with my friends about the start of the universe a lot, we don't have the answer other than at the center of it all matter is being pushed out and energy is being pushed outward. Almost in a circular fashion so we know that something happened, most likely an explosion from the center of it all. Things sound convincing when there's no evidence toward something other than the idea of god being only 2000 years old. How could the creation of humanity be found at that point and which was created by man, with over a thousand different gods and different stories on how the world was made. I'm sure if you revealed into it a little longer you could find several gods that are exactly the same as yours.

I know you probably would not like this video, it's 2 minutes long so it's not that bad. But please try to get through it as it's going to challenge you.
YeshuaBought

Pro

I presented evidence for my position while you oresented none. Why is that? It is not fair for you to refuse to post a video that backs up your position.
Posted by Im_Intelligent 3 years ago
Im_Intelligent
@ghostintheshadows

Although that might be true in your version of the world, back here in reality people tend to base their actions apon their beliefs, america is great example of this.

Almost half of the american people believe in some form of creationism, the majority of people making the big decisions are republicans, it is impossible as it stands now for an atheist to get elected.

*Most Wars
*The Crucades
*911
*Arranged marrigaes to minors
*Blowing up girl schools
*Represion of women and homosexuals
*Fatwas
*Ethnic Clensing
*Honor Rape
*Human Sacrafice
*Buring Witches
*Suicide bombings
*Condoning Slavery
*Child rape

all can be linked back to religion.
Posted by WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2 3 years ago
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2
Also, Pascal's Wager is based upon fear alone. If multiple religions can use pascals wager then how is it helpful in any way. How can I say some religion made 1700 years ago in Greece is correct vs one made in China at the same time. It just creates a false dichotomy, it also creates the black and white fallacy. When there are two outcomes, IE (go to hell or not based on if you believe and follow) When there are actually man many more options for different gods across the world.
Posted by WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2 3 years ago
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2
The argument is based on the idea that everything has a cause, and then they had switched it to everything that exists has a cause because they made the argument that God has a cause so what created him, they couldn't god created himself because you cannot create out of nothing without their theory coming in play which then counteracts their argument. And even at that point, if you believe the wrong god you'll go to whatever hell that God has envisioned. So even if it were true, how could you know if it wasn't more than 1 god but 10 gods all working together who are now long gone. And why would it be us when the observable universe has well over 1.2 billion galaxies around us. It's just a statistical improbability that's beyond any 2000 yearbook to handle.

This video debunks the Kalam Cosmology argument
Posted by ghostintheshadows 3 years ago
ghostintheshadows
This debate is unethical. Everyone has the right to an opinion, and this should not be put into debate form. Everyone has the right to believe in what they do, and therefore no sides should be fighting people on this topic.