Debaitinator
QuickDraw_mind

Does Good and Evil or Right and Wrong Exist?

Debaitinator has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Debaitinator

Con

I say no. Right and Wrong are figments of humanity's need to survive. Think about it, imagine there are two societies. We'll call them A and B. Society A is very similar to B except for the fact that A values suicide as a way to preserve honor while B states that suicide is traitorous act. If you were from society B you would think that everyone from A were evil people because they disagree with the values of your society. Initially, humans have a set of rules to ensure the survival of the human race such as, don't kill, share food, make sure that less people die so your species survive. This is where rules originated from.
QuickDraw_mind

Pro

Good and evil most definitely exists. Though it is not a force. Good and evil is a choice, chosen by man. You can choose to create or destroy. If you make a choice that only hurts someone, then feel zero remorse at your choice. That is evil. A prime example of good is making a small sacrifice out of your day for others" morale or assistance. The only way these choices don"t exist is as a force of nature. And of course, you can"t call men"s decisions forces of nature. In summary, good and evil most definitely exist.
*puts on boxing gloves*
Challenge my logic, gentleman
Posted by QuickDraw_mind 3 years ago
QuickDraw_mind
If he forfeited does that mean I won?
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
It is a way of thinking. "It" does not exist...If we did not create good, evil, right or wrong. We would not exist...The lion staring at you would be a lion staring at you...Thats it..Well until a moment later when you got eaten.
Posted by felixmendelssohn 3 years ago
felixmendelssohn
I think the topic of this debate should be formulated as "the origin of right and wrong" because saying it emerges as a survival mechanism is different than saying it doesn't exist at all.
Posted by What50 3 years ago
What50
Good and evil is perceptions of man. The term good and evil is just rules man has placed to ensure their survival. If good and evil do certainly exist, how come animals avoid this rule completely?
Posted by QuickDraw_mind 3 years ago
QuickDraw_mind
I forgot to look at your argument before I made mine. Sorry man, I"m a noob
Posted by QuickDraw_mind 3 years ago
QuickDraw_mind
Posted by QuickDraw_mind 3 years ago
QuickDraw_mind