shazammie127
luanism

Does Urban dictionary do more harm or good?

luanism

shazammie127

Pro

Tell me what you think. I'll play devils advocate.
luanism

Con

I think Urban Dictionary is good. Hey, If it works it works. Personally, It has carried me through High School and I'm sure many others as well. It's also not the most credible, But generally speaking I think it does more good than harm.
shazammie127

Pro

On the contrary urban dictionary is a source of much controversy. It creates definitions that I, A 51 year old man, Wouldn't want my two children to see. I see how aroused teenagers would see this website as a resource but truly it would do more harm than good.
luanism

Con

Controversy or not, I still think Urban Dictionary is more useful than harmful if used wisely; in other words, If used short-term, Rather than continue on to use it post-secondary. Furthermore, Lets say if a student wishes to use urban dictionary they would have to confirm whether or not the information is accurate by using another source that is more credible; they would also have to acquire some type of professor/teacher's assistant to review the source.

To respond to it creating definitions that you as a parent let alone adult wouldn't want their children to see, I believe that to be situational because out of the many years of using it I have never come across any issues. It's helped so many students with their school assignments, And just people generally speaking when it comes to finding quick information. For example, They give really accurate and easy to understand meanings to slang words that the older generation might not understand, Which, In my opinion is pretty useful.
shazammie127

Pro

Honestly I agree with you.
luanism

Con

luanism forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
shazammie127luanismTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro agreed so Con wins.