NebulaOnline
bobRoyal

Does being negative make you immature.

NebulaOnline has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

NebulaOnline

Con

I was having an argument about whether or not being negative makes you immature or not. We went back and forth for a while and asked a few people and couldn't come to a conclusion, so I want to ask you what you guys think.
bobRoyal

Pro

Through personal experience, I would say yes it does make you immature. Being negative could lead having a one tracked thought where you depend on comfort. You could often get dependant on things you already know of because the outcomes are obvious; there is no need to think things through.

We stop tying. At first we simply just avoid the situation but skip a further it becomes a habit, called "ignorance". It becomes too hard for us to think therefore we run away from it, the responsibility becomes untainted. That's what makes us immature.

We start to not only ignore but try escape situations thinking "eventually it has to change" because sometimes being negative, makes you lose confidence in your self. Why would you have confidence anyways? Have you ever dealt with anything ... no; through simply those thoughts things become harder. We allow our selves to stop working hard enough, for our dreams, passions, future since we began to believe that we are undeserving of it.

" Next time I'll work harder" ... "Next I'll do better"... our negative thinking makes us lazy. The comfort we start to feed on, slows consumes us instead. We are afraid of the thought of change since we only focus on the worst that could happen.
Since you already become accustomed to the way things are, why change ? why ruin this serene solace? Why try?

Another thing that mainly follows is that we rely on others. On what they think, on what they say, because we don't trust our selves. We like the spoon feeding. It is like studying for those exams, where you simply mug it all in, for the sake of expectations but you never remember anything on the latter - basically unbeneficial.

To conclude, yes I do think being negative makes you immature.
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
It's one thing to be realistic, it's another to be negative.
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
@MasterMewtwo is correct, but there can also be more said about it. Some "negative" people are actually just being realistic rather than being let down by their desires and hope. But when it gets to the point where it's just plain and utterly ridiculous like "nobody loves me" or "I'm useless", it can appear to be immature due to these thoughts being common in people in high school. In actuality, it's likely depression taking control of their thoughts. So, I'd say "no"; it appears to be immature, however more than likely isn't.
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
It depends on how far you're going. If you're throwing insults at someone for disagreeing with you, that's immature. If you're respectfully disagreeing, then you're mature.
Posted by AlexandreTheThriceGreat 3 years ago
AlexandreTheThriceGreat
I would love to debate this with you though I would have chosen the Against side ...

Being negative is a relative term, I may be negative about nuclear war, though for obvious reasons.

I think what has happened is within the course of a rational debate someone has called another, immature, to get under their skin.

There is no correlation between skepticism and immaturity, children are often naturally curious beings full of questions, whilst skepticism can often have it's benefits .. especially within a propaganda rich media system.
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
Yes, it is.