YeshuaBought
BOMJEG

Does rape culture exist?

BOMJEG

YeshuaBought

Pro

I was raped. I was treated like a criminal. This is rape culture.
BOMJEG

Con

It might help your argument if you provide context and details on how you were "treated like a criminal."

Even if you were treated like a criminal, is it your first conclusion that it is like that everywhere? That is the same logic that racists use, "That black person stole my bike, that must mean all black people want to steal my bike."
YeshuaBought

Pro

Sorry. Rape culture is a collection of attitudes that coddle rapists, and punishes victims. One example of rape culture is when a rape victim's right to choose adoption without her rapist's consent. Another is denying the Plan B pill to a rape victim.
BOMJEG

Con

Actually the definition of a rape culture (according to Wikipedia) "includes victim blaming, slut-shaming, sexual objectification, trivializing rape, denial of widespread rape, refusing to acknowledge the harm caused by some forms of sexual violence, or some combination of these."

Statistics surrounding "rape culture" are infamous for being false and unreliable because of their broad definition of what defines rape. Say I was looking at a woman because I found her attractive, that would not be rape. Rape is defined as sexual intercourse against the will of the victim.

Now claiming that rape culture exists would mean that we teach men and young boys to rape women, but less than 6% of men are rapists. Explain that.

Oh yeah, and you forgot to support your argument.
YeshuaBought

Pro

As a woman, I know what rape culture is. You are a man, so you have no clue about rape culture, You will never know what it's like to be a woman. I remain unimpressed with your mansplainining.
BOMJEG

Con

As an educated person, I can see that you are being sexist. And no, those were not my words, they were paraphrased from an essay that a woman wrote. You cannot go onto a serious debate site and dismiss my arguments because you can't come up with any sound logic to rival my own. Now I ask you to please return to the topic at hand as you have not given any evidence for your side of the argument.

This is what all progressives do, they claim to be pro-equality but then turn around and be sexist and racist towards white males who have done nothing wrong. You hate racists and sexists so much that you fail to see that you have become exactly that, a racist and a sexist, just toward a different demographic.
YeshuaBought

Pro

It is not sexist to point out your male privilege. Rape culture affects women more than men, because women are treated as less worthy than men. It was definately rape culture for rape viuctims to be blamed. I was RAPED, and victims blamed. If that is not rape culture, what the **** is?
BOMJEG

Con

I find it funny how you boldly assert that I have privilege without backing it up. Give me an example of how women are treated as less worthy than men. I can name several rights women have but men don't.

1. Women are always given custody of children unless the father can prove she is unfit to care for them.
2. It's easier for women to get along in the economy which is why they make up only 24% of the homeless population.
3. Women get more lenient sentences for equivalent crimes.
4. A woman can get a man fired from his job by just accusing him of sexual harassment, even without proof.
5. In California a woman can accuse a man of being the father of a child and it's up to him to prove that he's not.
6. A woman can sue a sperm donor for child support.
7. A woman who gets pregnant by raping a man (yes, it does happen) can sue for child support.
8. A woman can get an abortion in complete disregard for the wishes of the father.
9. Pretty much, a woman can opt out of parenthood but a man cannot.
See this video for more info at the time mark given: https://youtu.be...

Now who's privileged? I though so.

Now back to rape culture. The DOJ surveyed college students from 1995-2002 and found that there were 6 rapes per thousand people a year. That's about 1 in 40 students that are raped a year, which is significantly less than the "1 in 5" statistic that most people use (and the 1 in 40 statistic is also a sharp decline in rapes since 1995).
https://www.bjs.gov...

I'm sorry to hear that you were raped, but the only reason you would be blamed is if you made false accusations. If so, then yes, you will and should be treated as a criminal. Oh, and as I said earlier, give context on how you were treated as a criminal, it might help your argument.

And please stop repeating the same words about rape culture over and over again. Give actual evidence from a credible source, not "Cosmopolitan" or any tabloid like that.
YeshuaBought

Pro

You were never raped, so stay out of it.
BOMJEG

Con

Excuse me? You were the one that posted this debate, you wanted to debate with someone. You can't just tell me to stay out of it after inviting me in. As always, you just dismiss facts when you can't think of anything to say.

I probably shouldn't say this but, I read your court records and you were not treated like a criminal because you accused that man, you were treated like a criminal because you harassed those people that were trying to help you.

I see that I have won this debate as you have not given any evidence to support your case. You just sat and pouted like a 5 year-old. I would like to say that this was fun, but it wasn't. It was just a one sided verbal annihilation.

Have a good day.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
"You were never raped, so stay out of it."
That's not how debating works, snowflake.
Posted by BOMJEG 3 years ago
BOMJEG
Kinda funny actually.
Posted by BOMJEG 3 years ago
BOMJEG
I think she quit.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
God damn I wanna slap this woman.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
Time to logout from DDO and off to the kitchen you go! Who let you out anyway? My wife sleeps in the dog bed and the dog sleeps next to me.
Posted by ecksdee123 3 years ago
ecksdee123
Pro, big oof
Posted by Minddagger 3 years ago
Minddagger
Pro, you are a terrible debater, whenever you get put into a corner you insult your opponent, which breaks conduct, you barely wrote anything in this debate, you don support your argument, so far you are just crying about your opponent"s "mansplaining" and that he is a male so he automatically doesn"t understand.

Honestly, you are a living liberal stereotype, this debate was almost worst when you tried to defend people who marry just for the skin color.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
I don't hear too many pretty women claiming they got raped, why is it always the less than desirables.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
Are you sure you're not just making false accusations? I don't see how else you'd be criminalized unless evidence is presented against you. If indeed you are making false accusations, then you need to be jailed for at least 5 solid years.
Vote Placed by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
YeshuaBoughtBOMJEGTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not really bring any evidence to support their position, they also did not seem to really bother to debate, just assert their opinion. Con noted that rapists are in the minority and that people see rape or the endorsement as negative in culture overall.