saiga12boy
gzitman

Does the Book of Mormon Condone Race-Mixing?

saiga12boy

Con

The modern church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has supported integrating churches racially, Allows race-mixing, And decrys people (like wifewithapurpose) who are pro-white. The older church of course would be in opposition to the modern church about this, And the book of mormon came about at a time when american racial identity was largely formed and said god cursed the unfaithful lamanites with dark skin (as shown in 2 nephi 5) and the book is against race-mixing (as seen in Alma 3:8), As god himself set the lamanites apart and cursed them with dark skin so they would not mix with the nephites("that thereby the Lord God might preserve his people, That they might not mix and believe in incorrect traditions which would prove their destruction. ").
Also, Why would this specific wording be revealed at a crucial time of the development of racial identity if it were meaningless?
So taking all this in mind(along with the ban Brigham Young, A man who knew Joseph Smith and was around for early church history, Had on race-mixing, The punishment of which was blood atonement), How is it remotely acceptable for whites to mix with blacks or other dark-skinned people?
gzitman

Pro

That's incredibly racist, There is not a thing wrong with race-mixing. I am mixed raced myself and I can't understand why people like you have a problem. Not surprised you believe in something as silly as the book of Mormon.
saiga12boy

Con

This is a debate about what the book of mormon condones, Not about whether or not you're mixed race and you're offended by my "racism"(just a word, Not an argument). If you want to voice how offended you are that I don't believe in every politically correct dogma, Do it in the comments section, Don't enter a debate you aren't interested in even participating in just to voice how bad I am, And how there's "nothing wrong" with race-mixing, Which is just your opinion, One I disagree with. Though i'm not condemning you for being mixed race as it is beyond your control.
gzitman

Pro

Well your book doesn't even mention race, You'r just injected your racial views into this religion, Which apparently rejects the ideas you believe in.
saiga12boy

Con

The book of mormon does mention race, The Israelites are a race which are split up into 2 races later on, The nephites and lamanites, The jaredites are also an ethnicity/race. Race is a humongous aspect of the book. I'm not interjecting anything into it, These things are there.
gzitman

Pro

Your prohpet Joseph Smith advocated marriage between whites and Native Americans so you'r wrong.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
"Does the Book of Mormon Condone Race-Mixing? "
Never heard of such a book. But good question for those interested in old books.
Posted by saiga12boy 3 years ago
saiga12boy
SomethingOrdinary Why is race-mixing good? Why are you offended by my opinion? If you want to call me names then sure go ahead, Atleast you're doing it in the comment section and not the actual debate. But why are you so vested in being pro-race-mixing that because I don't support it you get offended. Why? How am I a racist prick for noticing things that are in the book of mormon? Do I want whites to continue existing? Yes i do, Is that wrong?
Posted by SomethingOrdinary 3 years ago
SomethingOrdinary
I must say I was hoping this argument was purely a theoretical one involving what the church believed, But it would seem you turned it into a personal belief against racial mixing citing the Book of Mormon as your reasoning behind why you are in fact for racism.

I won't claim to know if there is in fact a god, And if there is what plan he/she/it had or has for us, But I'm of the belief that more than likely there isn't one and that you are just a racist prick.