CatalyticConvertersRule
Hopefuldebater

Does the HPV Vaccine Benefit? Does it prevent cancer??

CatalyticConvertersRule

Con

I think that vaccines are a con and are not needed - otherwise they would not be FREE!!!
Hopefuldebater

Pro

I will now argue in favour of HPV vaccines. However, I will first rebut the opposing arguments. The opposition argues that HPV vaccines are not needed as they are free. However, this is not necessarily true. In fact, in order for these vaccinations to be "free", they require subsidisation from the government. By the same logic, one could suggest that roads are redundant and not needed because they are free, as they are subsidised by tax payer money like vaccines. There is clearly faulty logic going on here. If someone offers a free sample of a product, which is exactly the same as the actual product, does it somehow devalue the sample? Is the sample somehow worse than the actual product?

Now, I will place forward a brief argument for these vaccinations. It is estimated that that these vaccines prevent 70% of cervical cancer, 80% of anal cancer, 60% of vaginal cancer, 40% of vulvar cancer, and possibly some mouth cancer. [1] So, HPV vaccines do indeed prevent cancer. Thus, I am arguing that HPV vaccines are in fact beneficial to society.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
Posted by dsjpk5 9 months ago
dsjpk5
It is now that he changed it
Posted by Hopefuldebater 9 months ago
Hopefuldebater
Also, can someone please provide feedback. I"m an inexperienced debater and would like to improve.
Posted by Hopefuldebater 9 months ago
Hopefuldebater
Isn"t it a 10 day voting period?
Posted by dsjpk5 9 months ago
dsjpk5
A three day voting period seems unnecessarily short.