BertrandsTeapot
straightshooter

Donald Trump consistently tells lies and contradicts himself

BertrandsTeapot

BertrandsTeapot

Pro

Con to go first
straightshooter

Con

Donald is a very honest upfront individual. Fox News said so. Your turn.
BertrandsTeapot

Pro

Tongue-in-cheek sarcasm aside, Trump actually does repeat Fox News rhetoric as gospel. Let's just PunditFact to examine the veracity of this fine organization's "journalism": http://www.politifact.com...

Actual, fact-checked quotes:

- ‘(The diversity visa) lottery is ridiculous, as you know. They take people from a lottery where you can imagine these countries are not putting their finest in that lottery.’

- ‘You look at what's going on where somebody comes in who's bad, and yet they'll have 24 members of a family, not one of them do you want in this country.’

- ‘You catch them, even if you know they are a criminal, you catch them, you have to release them, by law. You have to release them.’

- ‘We have the worst immigration laws in the entire world by far. Other countries laugh at us, and it’s because of the Democrats. It’s because of Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi.’

- ‘The Democrats are sticking up for MS-13, you heard Nancy Pelosi the other day, like trying to find all sorts of reasons why they should be able to stay’

Some articles:

- http://www.businessinsider.com...
- https://deadline.com...
straightshooter

Con

So, I will admittedly say I like the articles you posted. Checked out each one. The problem for you is you cannot use the first article as your defense (that Fox lies) then use the last two Fox sponsored articles to state that Trump lies. You delegitimatize your own source. So you have proved nothing.

Therefore, there is still no irrefutable proof that he lies.
BertrandsTeapot

Pro

Then, kind sir, I would direct you to this article:

https://www.nytimes.com...
straightshooter

Con

Interesting article again. However, I did not make it thru the first NYT example without immediately seeing the fallacy of this article. (I did in fairness read the entire thing.)
Now I say this..... It was the most unsupported article I ever read.

Please, stay with me. For a moment, set aside this debate. Read the article again, with the expectation the BOTH SIDES have to identify a source to support their claim. Now to make it easy... Let assume TRUMP DID IN FACT say all those things. That would mean the NYT is the only one that has to 'PROVE or otherwise demonstrate TRUMPS statements are a lie. You will notice they do not cite sources of verification or anything in most cases. They are simply the authors opinion or commentary.

This is literally the first sentence of the first example... and most follow the same methodology.

Jan. 21 "I wasn't a fan of Iraq. I didn't want to go into Iraq." (He was for an invasion before he was against it.)
Where does the NYT prove their claim? They don't. That's just an unsupported opinion. Then they move onto the next one.

Throughout the entire article... they quote the Date... His statement... and their 'counter'. Which in most cases is an unsupported opinion. And some are stated as matter of fact. Its ridiculous.

Example.. Trump says something went smooth.... NYT says 'it didn't'... That's not proof of lying. That is literally an opinion.

When Trump says a new agency apologized. NYT says "They didn't".. NYT does not identify who they spoke to at the referenced agency stating they in fact DID NOT apologize. Seems that would that be easy to do and verify?? Maybe someone at agency DID call Trump and apologize.

Good chat. Was fun. I liked the debating... But yeah... Trump is a clown. I don't like the way he drives but I like where he is going. Regards...
Posted by straightshooter 3 years ago
straightshooter
@RMTheSupreme Thanks for voting. Truly.

The fact that this triggered you is HILARIOUS!!! And even more so, the fact that you use the term "TRIGGERED" to describe yourself is even more telling. hahahaha... What a clown.

I hope you don't take your idiotic school of thought to the real polls. You clearly have some sort of TDS. (Trump Derangement Syndrome) Thanks for commenting tho. Totally made my day! hahahaha
Posted by straightshooter 3 years ago
straightshooter
@ HF. That was the joke.
Posted by HushamFusion 3 years ago
HushamFusion
And what makes Fox a reliable news source ? At least more reliable than others ?
Vote Placed by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
BertrandsTeapotstraightshooterTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't know what Con was trying here but it was neither humorous nor smart. Pro didn't even use Fox News as a source did they? I'm a bit confused honestly and also it was Con who said Fox News lies, Pro didn't actually say Fox News lied in this entire debate so then when Con says that Pro defeated themselves using Fox News I am more than a little lost. Pro gave classic examples of the brain damaged joke that has become a President despite having ties to the Mafia... I'm triggered and before I finish I'm gonna just add, Con didn't use a single source so Pro gets sources too.