Republicrat20
Hoppi

Donald Trump is better than Barrack Obama

Hoppi

Republicrat20

Pro

Hey fellow debaters. I am searching for an opponent to take the Con side that Donald Trump is better than Barrack Obama

This debate will consist of 4 rounds.

Round 1 will be Acceptance/greeting. You can also put here anything you want to clarify such as from which standpoint you will have.
***Please do not put any arguments in this round.

Round 2- Opening argument

Round 3- Rebuttals

Round 4- Closing arguments

I look forward to this debate! Thank you!
Hoppi

Con

Hello. Thanks for the debate. You didn't say better in what sense, So I would like to limit the debate to dress sense, If that's okay with you. Obama is clearly more stylish than trump.
Republicrat20

Pro

Since Donald Trump was elected in 2016, I think that he has proven to be better than the former president Barrack Obama. I will be posting four reasons in this round and the next as to not bombard you. I will not post any new arguments in the closing round as I wouldn't want you to.

The Economy"
Donald Trump's Economy has proven to be way better than Barrack Obama's. Obama does deserve some credit because he managed to pull us out of a recession, But in terms of economic output, Obama had the slowest economic recovery since WW2. Meanwhile, "economic growth under Trump has averaged a 2. 9 percent growth rate, And will likely top 3 percent this year. That"s considerably more than the 1. 5-1. 75 percent growth rate predicted by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco when Trump took office" (USA Today).

Unemployment
Job creation is a major part of the responsibility of a president. When there are fewer jobs, There are more people on government assistance. This is a huge burden on the working class. During Obama's 8 years in office, He created over 11 million jobs, Had an unemployment rate of 4. 8% and increased the median household income by 5. 3%. As of January 2018 (only 2 years in office) Trump created nearly 2 million jobs, Had an unemployment rate of 4. 1% and weekly earnings grew by over 1%.

Border Security
Illegal immigration is a huge threat to America's economy, It's order, And the people's safety. Illegal immigrants make up nearly 4% of America's population. Trump has began cracking down on illegal immigration and has shown a great passion for keeping the American people safe. He has implemented a plan for a border wall in order to further secure our borders. Before now, Very little action has been taken on this issue. Obama was not passionate about border security at all. In fact, He approved that $310 million be spent on "free" legal advice for illegal immigrants.

Foreign Relations.
Since Trump has been in office, He has improved relations with many countries, A popular one being North Korea. North Korea has been very hostile toward America in the past. However, Trump has managed to open up communications with North Korea and there has been conversation about North Korea taking steps toward denuclearization. This is something no other president has been able to do before. I'd have to say, Trump has some mad negotiation skills!

I look forward to reading your argument!
Hoppi

Con

Republicans love Trump, On the whole. They voted for him and they support him. These same people tend not to like Barack Obama. But of course, The American opinion is polarized. Democrats have the opposite view. They can't abide Trump, And to them Barack Obama is obviously the better person.

For an outsider like me, This is fascinating to watch. I am neither republican nor democrat, But i have to tell you that on the surface, Obama is much better. He is polite, Educated, Sophisticated. He develops good relationships with people. While he was in office, He strengthened the relationship between the US and is allies around the world and increased good will. In contrast, Trump is rude. He continually makes false statements which are either lies or careless ignorance. He has had three wives, None of whom seemed to have any desirable qualities apart from physical attractiveness. Relationships between the US and all allies apart from Israel have deteriorated under Trump's leadership.

I lot of these issues are superficial, Of course. Who cares whether a president holds an umbrella over his own head or shelters his children with it? If he makes spelling errors? Of course, As my opponent implies with her selection of topics, We care much more about big issues such as war, Freedom and the economy. However, It seems to me that Trump has not made much difference in any of these big issues.

There is currently a government shut down, And even when the republicans controlled both houses of parliament, Very little legislation got through. Pro claims that Trump has improved the economy and created jobs, But actually there is no difference in numbers between Trump's presidency and the last 2 years of Obama. That's because the president actually has very little effect on the economy.

The drama with North Korea is a perfect example of this. There was a lot of song and dance about the two leaders meeting, But in the time since then absolutely no changes have been made to denuclearise North Korea. That is why previous leaders refused to meet with North Korea - they wanted to see actual improvement first. Now Trump has nothing to bargain with. It's no worse than the situation under previous leaders, But nor is it any better.

Personally, I hate to see small children forcibly separated from their parents, And at least two children have died as a result of Trump's border policies. I am baffled that republicans are indifferent to this horrible policy. So, I can't argue that the presidents are equivalent on border policy. However, There has been a lot of talk about the wall. Mexico has not agreed to pay for it and will not. I don't think the democrats will. This is hardly a triumph for Trump.

Personally, I expected worse from Trump, But I think his lack of experience with government has meant that he can do very little. Therefore, The main difference between Obama and Trump does seem to be one of style. Overall, The polls show that Trump is more disliked than Obama. If we consider opinion outside the United States, He is much more disliked, And indeed the opinion of the United States as a whole has dropped as a consequence of having Trump as a leader.

In conclusion, Pro has the BoP to show that Trump is better than Obama, But so far has not done so.
Republicrat20

Pro

Republicrat20 forfeited this round.
Hoppi

Con

Oh no. Don't give up!
Republicrat20

Pro

Republicrat20 forfeited this round.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Republicrat20

Click on the name of above this message.

Then click on the name above this message:
"@Republicrat okay im sorry for what i said truly. Please forgive me"

Notice the difference in amount of debates and time spent on the site.
Posted by Republicrat20 3 years ago
Republicrat20
I'm so confused.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Republicrat20

I did not say those things towards you and is good that omar234 did apologise.
Highly doubt she actually means anything she says so don't bother speaking to her.
Posted by omar234 3 years ago
omar234
@Republicrat okay im sorry for what i said truly. Please forgive me
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Republicrat20

omar234 is an imposter.
I am the real one.
Posted by Republicrat20 3 years ago
Republicrat20
@omar234 excuse me? My stepdad is black and my unborn child is biracial. So there went that argument. @hoppi thank you. Will post my argument tommorow!
Posted by Hoppi 3 years ago
Hoppi
It's okay. I was curious to see if you would try, Because I think that people who like Trump must admire his style, But of course it's your debate.
Posted by omar234 3 years ago
omar234
@Republicunt

Why do you think Trump is better than Obama? Is it because he's white?

Or is it because you're a republicunt?
Posted by Republicrat20 3 years ago
Republicrat20
Lol @hoppi. We are definitely not arguing just about the presidents fashion. I am arguing that Trump is better than Obama in general. If in of your point I'd that he is better because he dresses better then that is your prerogative. This will be reiterated in my response in round two.
Vote Placed by zhaod1 3 years ago
zhaod1
Republicrat20HoppiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited 2 rounds, so conduct goes to Con.