Our_Boat_is_Right
The_Dank_Gamer

Donald Trump is not Racist: Change my Mind

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I believe there is no evidence that Trump is racist. Feel free to try and change my mind by typing evidence that can be PROVEN.

NOTE: You do not have to change my mind to win the debate. Voters choose the winner on a 7 point system, And who they think made the best arguments, Regardless of whether my mind was changed or not.
NOTE: DO NOT ACCEPT THIS DEBATE IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE OFFLINE FREQUENTLY. I WANT COMMITTED DEBATERS ONLY. NO FORFEITS.
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

I will debate you, And since you said that you want us to change your mind, I guess I will go first.
I am going to focus on one thing for this round because I have found that if I try to do more than 2 I just end up making a bullet point list

For starters, Trump has been recorded saying the "N-word". (if you do a quick google you can find it). Now I am sure that you understand why this would be racist, But for others, I am going to explain it. Since before slavery existed, White people called black people "Negros" and this wasn't too bad because black people also went with it. But when slavery started, They started to call them "Nig***", And this was an extremely offensive term that was mainly used when they were whipping them, It was also used when they were just talking bad about them. Now they call themselves "Ni***" but it is just as a way to talk to each other. The song "I'm not racist" puts it really well, "The power in the word 'Nigga' is a different sin
We shouldn't say it but we do, And that just what it is
But that don't mean that you can say it just 'cause you got nigga friends
Nigga, That word was originated for you to keep us under
And when we use it, We know that's just how we greet each other
And when you use it, We know there's a double meaning under"
Thank you for reading this.
Hayden
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

No one has released the tape, Unless you can link it, And Trump denies it. Get proof for your claims. Please present other examples as well.
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

Ok, I will present other evidence, The tape has not been released yet, But here is a video of him saying what it is like to be black https://www. Msn. Com. . . , Seeing as you didn't give me anything to rebut, I will just provide you with some more evidence.

Back in the 70's trump tried to avoid renting houses to African Americans, And gave preferential treatment to Caucasians. Back then, This was normal, Segregation was just ended, But many still hated African Americans, However, That does not make it right to avoid renting them houses.
He also hated it when black people worked at his casinos, Even going as far as saying "Black guys counting my money! I hate it. " I think that the guy is lazy. And it"s probably not his fault, Because laziness is a trait in blacks. " Again, In the time, Not racist, Now, Racist.
Donald called out ads to kill 5 black people accused of raping a white woman, If this was true, It was a good call, However, 10 years later, They found DNA evidence that proved them innocent(I will admit this one could have just been a mistake).

(https://www. Nytimes. Com. . . Is for all evidence in this round)
I hope that you can successfully rebut these, Thanks for(hopefully) taking the time to read this.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

"Back in the 70's trump tried to avoid renting houses to African Americans, And gave preferential treatment to Caucasians. Back then, This was normal, Segregation was just ended, But many still hated African Americans, However, That does not make it right to avoid renting them houses. "

The source you gave is not the full link, It just says "https://www. Nytimes. Com. . . " but doesn't finish the link. Typical DDO. Until I can see the source, I do not know that it is true, And why shoud what he did 50 years ago be relevant today? Can you give more current examples?

"He also hated it when black people worked at his casinos, Even going as far as saying "Black guys counting my money! I hate it. " I think that the guy is lazy. And it"s probably not his fault, Because laziness is a trait in blacks. " Again, In the time, Not racist, Now, Racist. "

I debated this point with another person. The conclusion I came to was that I looked at hyperlinks in their Ny times source, Maybe it is your source also, And found out that only 1 person claimed that was the case. If not, Correct me if I am wrong. In my opinion, One person making an allegation isn't enough evidence to claim Trump is a "racist, ' and even if it is true, It could've been taken out of the context of the situation, And we don't know the whole story. You also claim "In the time, Not racist, Now, Racist. "
So why would we judge him now for something that wasn't considered racist back then?

"Donald called out ads to kill 5 black people accused of raping a white woman, If this was true, It was a good call, However, 10 years later, They found DNA evidence that proved them innocent(I will admit this one could have just been a mistake). "

Sometimes Trump can say things without thinking. I do not know much about this situation, But I don't know why skin color is always a factor to the left in determining if someone is racist who judged other people. You say it could've been mistake, And there is no evidence that Trump is deliberately talking shots at black men, So con basically concedes this one.

I appreciate con taking the time to read this. Please try to post the link again. If not, Post it in the comments.
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Since my opponent was having trouble with some classic DDO glitches, His round 3 argument posted as the same argument as round 2. Due to this, I will post his argument right here. Please do not vote against him for this glitch.

"Even if it wasn't the full link, You can still access the website, So you would be able to fact check me. I used NYtimes, Which is something that we can all agree is a valid source. You asked why what he did 50 years ago matters today, And to answer your question I am going to use an example, Bill Cosby raped those women a long time ago, But he still raped him, And he still needed jail time, So he got it. When Donald Trump was racist a long time ago, He still deserves repercussions.
The reason that skin colour is a common factor in deciding if someone is racist or not is because the definition of racism is "a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, Or who believes that a particular race is superior to another", Race affects skin colour, Judging someone on their skin colour is racist.
I will now give out some new evidence.

This one will be about how he thought a judge was biased because they are a Mexican.
"He"s a Mexican, " Trump told CNN of Curiel. "We"re building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is, He is giving us very unfair rulings " rulings that people can"t even believe. " He thought that just because the judge was Mexican, He would be biased. When in truth, He was an American citizen born in Indiana. He went after Mexican drug cartels, And this made him a target for an assassin. If Trump actually did the research, We wouldn't even need to have this conversation. "
|
|
|
|
I would like to thank my opponent for participating in this debate and being civil. I saw the source in the comments, And I have read that before in a previous debate. Now onto the arguments.

My opponent begins by stating " You asked why what he did 50 years ago matters today, And to answer your question I am going to use an example, Bill Cosby raped those women a long time ago, But he still raped him, And he still needed jail time, So he got it. When Donald Trump was racist a long time ago, He still deserves repercussions. "

The reason I say this is because you yourself said that it wouldn't be considered racist back then, So that would be like rape being ok back then if we are going off your example. I also provided evidence within a hyperlink of your own source, And I found out it was only claimed by ONE person, So this is not credible. My opponent has failed to rebuttal to this as well.

My opponent next states "The reason that skin colour is a common factor in deciding if someone is racist or not is because the definition of racism is "a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, Or who believes that a particular race is superior to another", Race affects skin colour, Judging someone on their skin colour is racist. "

I don't know why all we look at first is "is it racist", And this is simply because they have a different skin color. We should look at the facts before we play the race card. We should judge someone based on their actions, Not their race. My opponent also concedes this point, Admitting it "could've been an accident. "

In a new point of my opponent's argument, He brings up a case where he believes Trump is racist involving a Mexican judge, Stating "He thought that just because the judge was Mexican, He would be biased. When in truth, He was an American citizen born in Indiana. He went after Mexican drug cartels, And this made him a target for an assassin. "

This is not racist, And you do not have the full story. Trump thought the judge would be biased because he is of Mexican heritage(his parents are Mexican) and is personally biased against his immigration stances, Referring to the border wall. He has said things like this in interviews, Which was a hyperlink within your own source. (https://www. Politifact. Com. . . ) Trump also clarified his statement, Which I found out because I discovered a hyperlink within the hyperlink of your source, And he said this- "I do not feel that one"s heritage makes them incapable of being impartial, " Trump said, "but, Based on the rulings that I have received in the Trump University civil case, I feel justified in questioning whether I am receiving a fair trial. " (https://www. Usatoday. Com. . . )
Trump thought he could've been biased because he didn't give the presidential candidate a fair trial.

In conclusion, I believe I have effectively disputed and rebutted my opponent's claims with facts and reasoning. One piece of advice for con would be to look more into multiple sources and find out the real truth and both sides of the argument, Instead of relying on New York Times opinion articles solely, Especially when their are direct sources within the article.

I thank con for participating in this debate, And hopefully he does not run into anymore DDO technical mishaps. Thanks for reading this, And I now will pass the torch to you for the next statements and rebuttals for your argument.
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

The_Dank_Gamer forfeited this round.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Vote Pro!
The_Dank_Gamer

Con

welp, I did not mean to forfeit that round, What with weekends and everything, But I guess I will just give my closing statements.
I believe that(even though DDO was not cooperating) I have provided valid points as to why Trump is racist, While my opponent rebutted many of my statements, I believe that there were 2-3 that he either incorrectly rebutted(See round 4 rebuttal 1) and even 2-3 reasons should be enough to prove that Trump is racist, I will admit, Pro actually gave some good reasoning in his rebuttals, But even so, I believe that you should vote Con.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
oh cuz u haven't completed 3 debates. I'll change it asap
Posted by Naia 3 years ago
Naia
I want to accept but it says my criteria or rank isn't high enough. I actually have been on this site for 6 months but my account stopped letting me in so I made a new one. I have experience.
Posted by dustryder 3 years ago
dustryder
Probably. DDO has been appalling with the number of bugs/bots lately
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
hmm that happened with another friend of mine on ddo. . . Do you think it is for everybody this is happening?
Posted by dustryder 3 years ago
dustryder
Apparently my acceptance didn't go through. However if you don't wish to debate me on this topic I certainly won't insist
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
I would've liked someone else to accept this, As we have already debated about Trump, But I guess I can't stop you from accepting now.