Anonymous
frankfurter50

Double Names are Ridiculous

frankfurter50

Pro

Have you ever heard of a double name?

http://www.sheknows.com...

They go like Anna Claire or James Michael, and they are, in my opinion, just too stupid.

See, I have exactly one first name, Ice. I have exactly one last name, Bear. People just call me Ice. At the school where I teach, my students call me Mr. Bear (but some might call me Mr. Lenin)

You have a double name. Frank Furter.

Vote pro. I hope you notice that my debates do not attack blacks or Indians anymore.
frankfurter50

Con

I don't think double names are stupid. In America, the ability to name a kid whatever you want is unrestricted. To force somebody to name a baby something is to violate free speech. A baby can have as many names or surnames as they want. Robert Ripley, in his original edition of Ripley's Believe it or Not, mentions one baby who got 26 names from her parents, one name for each letter of the alphabet. http://www.geneamusings.com...

And her parents should be able to do that if they want.

Babies can be named anything. Middle names, in addition, are a common practice, and most people have three initials. There is nothing wrong with double names. I don't have a double name. Frankfurter is one word. It has synonyms like sausage and hot dog. Ever hear of it? They sell them at Coney Island. If people want to call you Mr. Lenin, they can. If they want to call you Mr. Hard Nose Jacob, they should be able to. Names are fluid like that. They're never set in stone.

I'm glad you're not being a garbage filled racist anymore, yeah.

Pro

Well if parents want to give their kids two names, they can just give a middle name. For example, John P. O'Keefe instead of John Patrick O'Keefe.

Double names are just harder to remember and don't roll off the tip of most people's tongues.
frankfurter50

Con

You're using nothing but unbased opinion.

Pro

Sir/madam, you didn't try to contradict me in Round 2. The problem with double names are just that they are hard to remember and awkward in general.

Would you rahter be named John Michael or just John? I'd just be named John.
frankfurter50

Con

They aren't hard to remember if people are willing to remember them. They're fine. I'd be OK being named John Michael. I'd be fine with any name except Hitler.
Posted by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Luxray2854// Mod action: NOT Removed<

5 points to Con (Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Con actually refutes the arguments decently, and uses a source. Pro just repeatedly asserts his opinion, and doesn't go in to depth

[*Reason for non-removal*] This debate is over 1 month past the end of the voting period, and therefore no longer subject to vote moderation.
************************************************************************
Vote Placed by Luxray2854 3 years ago
Luxray2854
Anonymousfrankfurter50Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con actually refutes the arguments decently, and uses a source. Pro just repeatedly asserts his opinion, and doesn't go in to depth