Jushi
Wimhoff

Dragon Ball (Entire Series) is better than Naruto

Started: 11/8/2018 Category: TV
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

Jushi

Pro

So here it is, Why I believe DB better than Naruto. When I think of Naruto, I conjure thoughts of "I can do it if I try my hardest! "If I push myself the max limit, I will find a way! . You get the point. While Dragon Ball has that implemented into it as well, It also has something Naruto will never gain. Fights with variety, Meaning, Not some kid trying to save his friend, A group of intense warriors, Saving the entire universe from destruction.

Not some kid battling the past, The Z fighters are battling to prevent destruction for the future. Which battle sounds like it takes you onto the edge of you seat, Now tell me? People love to say how DB has barely any character development. Forget when Teen Trunks watches when his master Gohan dies, He explodes into anger taking his mindset to utter determination. Remember Gohan, A frail boy with no will to fight, Oh yeah, That kid becomes the protector of the Earth for years to come. He lets go of his fears, And faces his worst nightmares. Piccolo? He starts to care. The Androids? They grow a heart. Vegeta? Still has his saiyan pride but will protect his fellow warriors, No matter how weak, To the death.

And Goku. A short 12 year old kid who knows nothing about the world. But goes onto one of the greatest quests one could ever find and becomes a man, No a BEAST. I agree with the fact that Naruto has great character development, But not all the time. Sasuke goes from emo to *gasp* even more emo? Sakura goes from somewhat kinda useful to *gasp* "I wanna kill sasuke on my own! " that's real useful isn't it? And if you are thinking "but at least she's trying! " that really isn't a great argument. Tell me, How in the actual world are you going to kill a kid who is a mentally unstable emo obsessed twat with dumb powerful eyes without even a sliver of a plan? I'll leave my argument there, Anyone who wants to challenge my argument I wish you come forward and I will gladly accept you thesis.
Wimhoff

Con

Naruto teaches human values. Dragon ball teaches nothing! Naruto is more valuable. Dragon ball is more entertaining.
Jushi

Pro

Jushi forfeited this round.
Wimhoff

Con

Wimhoff forfeited this round.
Jushi

Pro

Jushi forfeited this round.
Wimhoff

Con

Wimhoff forfeited this round.
Jushi

Pro

Jushi forfeited this round.
Wimhoff

Con

Wimhoff forfeited this round.
Posted by omar2345 2 months ago
omar2345
@Tentak

It is all subjective. Just gave my opinion but I do think as a person matures the less they like Shonen.

The more complicated DB got the more I disliked it. If it ended with Cell losing to Gohan that would have been amazing for me. Even though I can point out flaws I can still stay they built up Gohan right from the first arc.

My profile pick is from Fallout New Vegas.

Thank you for a reply without any name-calling. Appreciate it.
Posted by Tentak 2 months ago
Tentak
@Omar2345

Take this with a grain of salt, But it seems Akira has admitted he was not very good with writing stories (especially with dragonball super). I did watch dragonball and dragonball Z, Up till the first part of super, And I got to admit I liked it. However, Watched it when I was A LOT younger, Which is why I said "my tastes changed" as the formula for a shonen is too hard for me to ignore now. I sort of attempted to pick up naruto a few years back, But dropped it real quick at the bridge episode. I will agree, Naruto's upgrades, And the people around him are much more interesting and unique, Though I really did like simplicity of Ki in DBZ and how the use of Ki transitioned from dragonball and dragonball Z and the multiple ways to use Ki as it seemed more simple and believable (I think there was a video about how amazing the transition from the orignial series to Z). (also I thought your profile pic was form killzone until I checked it)
Posted by omar2345 2 months ago
omar2345
@Tentak

Fair point on stakes. There isn't any if they always win after a near death scenario. Naruto is useless without his gifted power. Goku since he is sayian from the brink of death achieves a power boost or has a second wind. Doing it so many times loses its value. If they don't bother to change the fight scenes up then it becomes stale really quickly. Naruto does a better job then Dragon ball. Due to the detail they have in fights whereas Dragon Ball it is the same moves with different colour aura, And somewhat different ki attacks. Is that the best they can do? Akira and Naruto's writer are both bad writers.
Posted by omar2345 2 months ago
omar2345
@Tentak

Same video I watched. He is fair on both of them then crtiquies them. Fans of both series cannot do it for some reason which bothers me. If they asked for more they would get more but if the writers do not want to improve their storytelling leave and find a better Anime to watch. There are plenty of them. Dragon Ball and Naruto are nothing special. So many filler and for what? A few episodes that you like? Is that really the best they can do?
Posted by Tentak 2 months ago
Tentak
I fully agree with Omar, And there have been videos by PlagueOfGripes discussing the problems in both shows.
naruto

https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=v2tkz92eG_E

There are three videos on Dragonball, Here is one of them

https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=uPwVuC3YOrc
Posted by Tentak 2 months ago
Tentak
Personally, I dislike both Dragonball and Naruto. I think this is because my tastes have changed, But Naruto and Dragonball all have the similar formula of almost being beaten, Then because the enemy underestimates them they make a comeback and defeat them. And this continues on and on and on.
Posted by omar2345 2 months ago
omar2345
I don't think he is going to debate this topic.

He was online 3 days ago which was the day he uploaded the debate.

So if you want I can explain to you why Z or Naruto is not a good show if you make the debate. Just one do not want to be on either side defending one of them.
Posted by omar2345 2 months ago
omar2345
Naruto teaches human values

He was gifted everything. The only value that is important is be born better or rips other people's eyeballs to be better. The main character is useless without the nine tail fox. Rock Lee showed what hard work did. Absolutely nothing. After all he did he could not beat Gaara. That was the best fight and showed you what Naruto and Shippuden was all about the fights between the born better and eye stealer's.

You should watch the recommendations. They are a lot better anime with no filler.
Posted by omar2345 2 months ago
omar2345
No. The first arc between sayians in z was good the rest was trash.

Freiza went on for too long. Too many transformations and he was brought back just to die by Trunks.

Cell was just everyone else into one person. Gohan was the best moment without him it would be a trash arc like freiza.

Toriyama is a bad writer. Super is also created by him. To me it is more clear to see in Super because it is a cash grab. Even with the effort in Z there was only 1 good arc or battle between Goku and Vegeta. Other fights it did not matter because the battle played the same and he did not try to improve on the G Vs V encounter.
Posted by Wimhoff 2 months ago
Wimhoff
dragon ball is good. Super is trash