Anonymous
Amphia

Dry fasting is the cure to cancer?

Pro

A weak immune system.
diseases come from eating more food than is necessary, as your body dosnt focus on healing you but rather on digesting and breaking down bacteria in your stomach, where as it could be focused on breaking down the bacteria in your body to food. when you use your body more you also need more food..
Amphia

Con

From my knowledge of disease and cancer, I believe this is untrue.

Diseases do not just come from eating more food than necessary. There are many other causes such as genetics or environmental factors (E.g. pollution). Your explanation seems a bit off, when you overeat, yes you are more prone to disease (if you overeat often) but that is not the necessarily the reason your body stops healing you. it is because you are not getting the required nutrients form your food or are ingesting things that are bad for your body. Lack of nutrients or having too much fat, for example, in your body is what leads to disease.

But anyway, I researched this and all the sites that came are not very trustworthy. I feel like this is just a silly craze. Doctors don't prescribe this sort of thing and if you already have cancer, dry fasting is not going to help. The way you framed it, this is the cure to cancer for people who overeat. If they dry fast, it's too late at that point. Fasting isn't going to stop the cancer.

Pro

right, but eating unnecessary amounts of food means your body uses all its energy on breaking down the food rather than breaking down bad cells to food, or rather than healing you

cancer is food for your healthy cells which they dont eat cuz you keep eating or dont fast, like you dont lose any fat

i dont believe that genes are relevant to treating cancer, as anyone can fast.. altough like a crack baby might be born with cancer so there is a degree to which its relevant, but generally not

cancer does to your body, what your body does to cancer when you fast.. cancer is mutated cells that can grow into a being on its own with mouth and claws like a crab inside the body, and because we got so much water in our gut and stuff we can almost grow like a little botanic garden of cancer inside us.. fasting is important to our human life style i believe.
Amphia

Con

So I researched some more but I was not able to find anything directly linking overeating to a weakened immune system. However, I was able to find that FASTING is linked to a weakened immune system. Basically, you aren't getting the nutrients you need which is what I mentioned earlier.

Fasting does lead to weight loss but not fat loss. It's making you lose water fluid.

As WebMD tells us: "When you dramatically reduce your calorie intake, you will lose weight. But it can also cause all kinds of health problems, including muscle loss. Further, when you start fasting, your body goes into conservation mode, burning calories more slowly.

Keep in mind that the initial weight lost on a fast is primarily fluid or "water weight," not fat. And when you go back to eating, any lost weight usually gets a return ticket back. Not only do most people regain weight lost on a fast, they tend to add a few extra pounds because a slower metabolism makes it easier to gain weight. Worse, the weight that is regained is likely to be all fat -- lost muscle has to be added back at the gym."

https://www.webmd.com...

Fasting isn't going to help you lose weight in the long run and if you read the article, even more problems will arise when you fast for too long.

"Side effects of fasting include dizziness, headaches, low blood sugar, muscle aches, weakness, and fatigue. Prolonged fasting can lead to anemia, a weakened immune system, liver and kidney problems, and irregular heartbeat. Fasting can also result in vitamin and mineral deficiencies, muscle breakdown, and diarrhea."

So now you have cancer AND all these side effects. Notice how one of the side effects IS A WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM?? Fasting will just make your immune system weaker. Fasting does the complete opposite of what people claim it does.

Source: same link as above.

Fasting is usually used for religious purposes and for short periods of time. Also, the fasts are limited. Like I might fast off soda. That's fine to do because soda is not necessary to live. And I might be grumpy but I'm not going have kidney problems because I'm still eating other things to keep me alive. Fasting to cure your cancer is dangerous and if you really want to get rid of your cancer, this is not going to help.
Posted by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: WaywardSon// Mod action: Removed<

2 points to Con (Sources). Reasons for voting decision: there was really no firm debate on the true resolution. the Aff's first statement was one run-on sentence, with the word cancer not mentioned once. there is literally once cited piece of warrant, and it's from WebMD. There is little to push a vote for the affirmative in this round

[*Reason for removal*] The voter is required to do more than simply point out that only one side has sources if they wish to award these points. If only one side did present sources, the voter is still required to explain how the other side"s sources were relevant to the debate.
************************************************************************
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
cancer is nutrients for your healthy cells!

good debate :)
Posted by Amphia 3 years ago
Amphia
Good debate!
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
i have had several troll opponents now and finally some one is serious about it xD
Posted by Amphia 3 years ago
Amphia
Are you being sarcastic or serious? I can't tell haha.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
i usually block minors, but what a great opponent!
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
well im asking, and i believe it
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
any proof ?