Actions_Speak
KJVPosttribulationist

Education reform, add entertainment

KJVPosttribulationist has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Actions_Speak

Pro

In my experience, the best teachers are also entertainers. I will be arguing that society demands education reform, and a key part of that major change is co-existing with entertainment. Such as but not limited to teaching teachers how to make a subject more interesting via outlook, tone, and more realworld application. First round is acceptence.
KJVPosttribulationist

Con

No. You go to school to learn. Why waste the mind that God gave you. Got to school, graduate or get you GED and goo to college for chits and giggles. I believe it is a sin to waste the mingd God gave you and will take my own advice.
Actions_Speak

Pro

Knowledge: the fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association [1]

I've seen and experienced education from dozens of teachers who might simply hand me a piece of paper with no realworld application and a brief explanation of the subject. I've also learned via realworld application, and an explanation of the subject perhaps attached to a story or a realworld example. I've found that learning is significantly improved when students are hooked onto the subject.

Various studies, some spanning many years, have shown that interested students thrive even when facing "academic difficulties or perceptual disabilities". [2]

People are hungry for knowledge nowadays, but educators have a responsibility to grab and hold onto people's attention. Education and entertainment have practically always been mixed. Nowadays societies are pushing back against entertainment and in doing so are pushing against education. I've been called out by teachers many times when searching for informaion about the current subject. One could argue education wasn't ready for the age of information that new technology brings, but at the same time it must be.

Perhaps one of the most beloved conservation educators of my generation is Steve Irwin, and my personal favorite is Steve Irwin. I feel the need to give mention to Jane Goodall as the possible favorite. Although he died without knowing the University of Queensland had decided to make him a professor, he still managed to make himself the australian poster boy, while being a great educator, and entertainer. It's little-known that he was very serious away from the public eye and involved in alot of conservation work, hard to imagine considering the over-the-top enthusiasm he shared for conservation, but the reason for the enthusiasm was essential. In his own words and brought via grunge:

"When they asked him what kind of impact his attitude had on his audience, he said, "It excites them, which helps me to educate. I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message. That's the main aim in our entire lives. … So if we can get people excited about animals, then by crikey, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to save them."
Irwin said he knew people were a lot more likely to become invested in a conservation project when they were emotionally invested in the animals they were supposed to be saving, so he made it a point to share his own crazy, zany enthusiasm. And it worked." [3]

[1] https://www.merriam-webster.com...
[2] https://www.kqed.org...
[3] http://www.grunge.com...
KJVPosttribulationist

Con

Yes, let's dumb down our youngins, that is working so well, so far. Enertainmnet ios for when the school work is over. Woek hard, THEN play harder. TRhis is emotionally draining when I was forced to dropp out of school, but this is not over. I will learn.
Actions_Speak

Pro

I"m a bit disappointed, was hoping to spend this round refuting your defense, but all I saw see between your two rounds is about a pragraph of the strawman fallacy. Thanks to anyone who spent time reading this, and have a wonderful day.
Posted by Arganger 3 years ago
Arganger
So, kinda like Kim Ki-Hoon?