backwardseden
YourCensored

Eight reasons why christianity is false

YourCensored has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 days ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

Taken from: Atheist Alliance International:
There is very little that we can prove in this world. We can look for evidence to support claims people make and when there is robust supporting evidence, And no contrary evidence, We can conclude a claim is probably, But not definitely, True.

However, It is easier to prove something is false"all you need is one piece of contradictory evidence. So, What about Christianity? Is there evidence that contradicts, Or casts grave doubt on Christianity? I think there is rather a lot.

To keep this article brief, I will describe the falsifying evidence without giving all the sources and details but, Actually, Most of it is so well-known, That even Christians should be aware that this evidence exists.

1. There is clear evidence that prayer does not work despite the Bible promising prayers will be answered.

2. There is clear evidence that humans invent gods. Humans have invented so many gods that the default assumption should be that a god is a supernatural entity invented by humans. Christianity would need solid evidence that the Jewish god is an exception to this rule but there is no such evidence.

3. There is clear evidence that religions and gods are propagated through culture by infecting children, And no evidence that they are propagated by gods.

4. There is clear evidence that Christianity has evolved as human understanding of the world has changed whilst a real, God-given religion, Should never need to change.

5. There is clear evidence that humans on this planet have unequal access to Christianity so, If Christianity were true, Billions would be condemned to hell for no fault of their own. This contradicts the Christian notion that God is omnibenevolent.

6. There is clear evidence that the Bible, Supposedly inspired by God, Is liberally sprinkled with the type of errors we would expect from its Iron Age authors but would not expect from the creator of the universe.

7. Christian theology is incoherent to the point of absurdity. God killing his son so he can forgive our future sin is like me breaking my son"s legs so I can forgive my neighbor in case she ever parks her car on my drive. It is quite ridiculous.

8. There is clear evidence that the arguments presented for the existence of the Jewish God are logically flawed"all of them have been shown to be unreliable. If this were not the case, All honest and intelligent people would accept that God exists, Just as all honest and intelligent people accept that black holes exist.

All that is left for Christians is faith and their feelings. We know that faith and feelings can be used to believe in any god at all including non-existent gods. So faith and feelings cannot help us determine if Christianity is true.

But that is all Christians have.

Rules:
Prove christianity to be true.

dsjpk5 is disqualified from the voting procedures as he tries to pretend he's god and thus change the voting structure of who wins and loses here on DDO.
YourCensored

Con

If humans made gods, Then how can they exist?
Much like how children believe in the Tooth Fairy or Santa. However we quickly learn as we grow up that our faith in these entities is misplaced.

I do agree with you that "faith and feelings can be used to believe in any god, And cannot help us determine if Christianity is true. " Therefore I hope this debate with you is filled with FACTS and LOGIC.

Also stating evidence is falsifying is simple-minded bias view based on your own about what is true.

I look forward to this debate with you.
backwardseden

Pro

Well you completely ignored the entire article. Not a surprise because there's no answer to it as christianity is a pile of rubbish to be spat put on the sidewalk and as there's so much hate and evil within it. The well torn bible, Which has changed over the thousands of years dramatically, In which no god, Not for any reason would use text, Not ever, Namely the bible as a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible TO A GOD. So its not a surprise "If humans made gods, Then how can they exist? " They can't until proven. And then what? What if they are proven? "Why believe? " There's no reason, Not one as to why anyone should. Not only because the christian god is pure evil and hate, But because man has simply outgrown it and there's no need for it. There truly never was even if, Yeah there's that big word "if", It showed up and made its presence known. Also think about it. . . Since the Abrahamic's god's inception, There's not been 50 years of peace, Not anywhere, Not at any time, Not during any time. Its truly horrific and terrifying. What idiot wants that?

Ha ha tee hee. All religions, No exceptions, None, Are created to explain the unexplained. Then nearly all religions, Though not all, Have this power structure at the very top. Then from that power structure, It trickles down to fear. Then from that fear, It trickles down to control. Christianity is no different.

AB-SO-LU-TE-LY 100% "However we quickly learn as we grow up that our faith in these entities is misplaced. " Well, Not to all, Especially to those that are completely brainwashed. There are so many here on DDO, Especially that are in there teens that are. Regardless, All religions, No exceptions, Rely on faith. Now what idiot god is going to rely on faith instead of evidence?

Here's quite a bit on faith. . .

"Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn"t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can"t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, The most important truth you"re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence? " Matt Dillahunty

"Faith is the reason people give when they don"t have evidence. " Matt Dillahunty

"Faith can be very very dangerous, And deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong. " Richard Dawkins

"Faith is the great cop-out, The great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is the belief in spite of, Even perhaps because of, The lack of evidence. " Richard Dawkins

"Its called faith because its not knowledge. " Christopher Hitchens

https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=XcB_g_ElIdQ&t=339s - Another Appeal To Faith - The Atheist Experience
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=72l6IeEFhPE&t=2996s - Faith is not an Understandable Way to Truth
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=oSXLMxMYve8 - "We all have faith. . . "
"In order to make a case for something that is the the result of intelligent design, You would need to demonstrate a designer that has intent towards a goal and provide evidence for that. Can you do that? " Matt Dillahunty
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=8w5ccgEYJns - Resurrection, Faith, Personal experience as evidence | Chris - ID 7/7 Seth Andrews
"If we genuinely know something, There"s no need to take it on faith. And if you"re going to accept it on faith, Then you"re going to have to play in the arena where every other religion, Every other belief system, Every other truth claim, Playing the faith card gets equal treatment otherwise you"re being a hypocrite about faith. I think faith is a TERRIBLE way to determine what is true or not true. I don"t want to just believe. Let"s go out and know, Or try to know. And if we can"t find the answer instead of making one up or taking it on faith we say that we are simply honest with others and simply say it "I don"t know". I hope to one day know and make that JOURNEY about an evidenced based exploration of facts and a journey towards knowledge with no faith at all in play. " Seth Andrews

So I don't know where your ideas lead?
Posted by YourCensored 7 hours ago
YourCensored
I fear no man, But that THING, *looks at backwardseden*, It scares me
Posted by Dr.Franklin 1 day ago
Dr.Franklin
forget backwardsman
Posted by Knight_Dragon 3 days ago
Knight_Dragon
@backwardseden
Unlike you.
Posted by backwardseden 3 days ago
backwardseden
@ScottTheChessGod - You're learning.
Posted by ScottTheChessGod 3 days ago
ScottTheChessGod
I'm 16 years old. Im still in high school. 1. 3 more years before I may or may not go to uni
Posted by Knight_Dragon 3 days ago
Knight_Dragon
@ScottTheChessGod
Don't worry. He could be suffering from the dunning kruger effect.
Posted by Knight_Dragon 3 days ago
Knight_Dragon
@backwardseden
*Laughing*
Posted by backwardseden 3 days ago
backwardseden
@ScottTheChessGod - This is why you haven't been to college yet.
Posted by ScottTheChessGod 3 days ago
ScottTheChessGod
Your insults and slurs provide no benefit whatsoever to any of your arguments. It only proves what you're insecure about and the emotions you hiding.
Posted by backwardseden 3 days ago
backwardseden
@Knight_Dragon - See? Your entire most recent message screams of absolute gullibility and nothing but. It also screams of that you have absolutely no genuine friends or loved ones and wow does it show. I'm also not your mommy or daddy that is required to explain everything to you because you CAN'T READ and THINK and COMPREHEND.
"Isn't 25 when your brain is fully develop? " I don't know.

"I've studied your religion for 45+ years"
That kinda remind of Aroa Ra's "I studied it for 20 years! " argument.
Aron Ra knows 10, 000x more about religion than I ever will and 1 million x more about your religion than you ever will. Why? Its not my profession and I don't make it my life focus. Aron Ra does which is a HUGE MONUMENTAL DIFFERENCE! He's also a great, Truly great debater that rarely trips over his words. This shows when he's tested that he knows what he's talking about. The same is true for Dillahunty, Harris, Murphy, Boone - yep all in the Austin, TX area for the Atheist Experience/ Talk Heathen shows. That's just for beginners.

GoOd that you get out of the house. GET SOME GENUINE FRIENDS.