ArguingPerson123
DarkestHope

Environment Over Economy

ArguingPerson123 has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

ArguingPerson123

Pro

Round 1 For Acceptance
Also, For the record, I'm not a liberal, I'm mostly conservative, But on this, I agree that the environment should come over economy and have more importance.
DarkestHope

Con

I accept the debate and look forward to debate with you. :)
ArguingPerson123

Pro

First off, Let me give you an example. The Dunes Sagebrush Lizard is a species of lizard found in Texas, And the small reptile has been the spark of controversy for conservationists and conservatives. Now, It seems to be at a relative stand-still, With the plan being rewritten. However, The point is, The lizard should be protected because it is a living thing, And a living thing has more value than a material thing. It is a more moral discussion than political discussion, But basically, Living things can not be replaced like material things can. However, The economy's environmental effects will circle back to humans. For example, Climate change, Although heavily politicized, Is still something that affects us. You have probably experienced some form of extreme weather change this summer, Whether it be excessive storms and rain in some places or extreme heat and a lack of moisture in others. Now, Climate change is natural, But has been somewhat sped up by humans. I'm not saying that climate change is as bad as people like Al Gore would like to claim, And the world isn't going to end anytime soon, But at the same time, It is still a problem to consider. Oil spills along the coast affect marine life and could even make their way into our seafood. Clean energy is not used as much as it should be because it is deemed "not economically practical. "
http://www. Reptilesmagazine. Com/Texas-Conservation-Plan-For-The-Dunes-Sagebrush-Lizard-To-Be-Rewritten/
https://www. Mystatesman. Com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/exclusive-citing-fatal-flaws-texas-rewrites-plan-save-rare-lizard/kpUCClUTA5Wov5JIj4NI3K/
https://medlineplus. Gov/oilspills. Html
https://www. Ucsusa. Org/clean-energy#. W2NI-2RKj3A
DarkestHope

Con

Thanks again to my adversary for this debate.

Structure: Importance of energy
fossil fuel over clean energy
human lives over animal lives
Argument:
In the dawn of rapid globalization, Energy has made its significant spot in the modern world. All we know is that our world requires energy. Energy, The power derived from the utilization of physical or chemical resources, Especially to provide light and heat or to work machines, Is crucial to our society to handle problems and to deal with the environmental problem. The production and usage of energy source are vital also to the economy of the world. However, How do we even get this energy source? Without a doubt, The aid of the economy is inevitable in deciding the countries future in all aspects.
Additionally, Fossil fuels are more beneficial when it comes to providing more and consistent energy source compared to the clean energy source like wind turbines which requires the specific condition to generate energy. Not only that, Developments in the usage of fossil fuels but clean energy like solar energy is just discovered in past years. The fossil fuels had played a significant role in the revolution of the world.
Also, We cannot value animal lives over human lives, We as people should not focus more on animal lives but instead more on human lives. The oil spill incident is not intended by any human being, The incident is costly for both the economy and the environment, No one spills oil for fun. I disagree with some people's view of that human lives are not valuable, And tends to think that humanity is inherently evil. They did not put into consideration that they themselves are also human beings, Doesn't this make them evil too? Animal lives are definitely precious to the ecosystem, But please do not overlook the value of human lives. Thus, I believe that the economy has greater benefit for humans than environment has since the economy boosts the evolution of human beings and human lives are more important than animal lives to the society.
ArguingPerson123

Pro

First off, Fossil fuel is a finite resource. Although renewable energy is not perfect, It is a lot better and is being improved constantly. So, Fossil fuels are only better as of now. First, And I like to bring this up, Humans a species of animal, But are more valuable than any other species. However, Every single pleasure a human has should not be worth the life of an animal. Theoretically, A mass amount of energy should not be needed for human survival. It is just a major convenience we enjoy. Life itself is more important than money or technology.
DarkestHope

Con

Rebut:
My adversary has not made any strong stand with an example or neither did he rebut my argument. He states that fossil fuels are better as of now, Contradicting his own argument and tends to support the con side. Also, He stated the mass amount of energy is required theoretically is just for human's convenience, However, He did not provide any concrete data to prove his thesis statement, Not only that, By debating on this website, Doesn't he enjoying the benefits of the internet too? And if like what he said, This will take up much of the energy, So why is he debating here?
Here he is trying to show life is more important than money and technology, On one hand, It's out of the debate topic, On the other hand, Without money and technology, How are we supposed to maintain our own lives, And even have the luxury to care about animal lives?
Thus, Since my opponent hasn't made any solid argument, I will not have any new comments or argument and will stick to the previous argument. Thank you.
Posted by ArguingPerson123 3 years ago
ArguingPerson123
Yes, It was rushed. I had important business to take care of.
Posted by DarkestHope 3 years ago
DarkestHope
the pro just leave the debate like this? And excuse that your rushing? I don't see you rushing?
Posted by ArguingPerson123 3 years ago
ArguingPerson123
Sorry I've been rushing the arguments. They're usually a lot more solid, But I have business to take care of, And won't be able to finish this debate.
Posted by ArguingPerson123 3 years ago
ArguingPerson123
Hypocrites
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
I think the ideal solution for the environment is to get clean energy. However, I don't preach this because if I did, I would be a hypocrite. Why do the people (like Hillary Clinton) preach for solar energy yet do not have panels themselves?