BenjaminVII
Pest

Equal Time in the Media

BenjaminVII has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

BenjaminVII

Pro

In watching the media I have found multiple instances in which an argument made by an opposing side is misrepresented leading to the group being ostracized due to the misrepresentation of their cause. This is an open argument in which I would like to have a conversation between two people with different values. I thank you in advance for your consideration.
-Benjamin
Pest

Con

Okay so yeah. Let's do it.

I mean... The debate and argument you're posing is sort of... Just a couple of blanket statements, but whatever. Sounds like fun.

There are four rounds here so I think I can throw this one away by trying to clear up and clarify what it is exactly you're trying to say and pin-point the issue at hand you seem to have.

Ahem.

The internet.

Media is not only cornered into a couple handfuls of television stations anymore. Were you talking about only broadcast television/news stations, or what? We have radio. Hell. Satellite radio. Podcasts. Websites. Journalism & blogs from... Everywhere. All walks of life. If some group feels marginalized or misrepresented, then 'eh. Kind of sounds like it's on them and shouldn't let somebody do the talking for them. That's what happens when you let yourself be spoon fed misinformation.

But yeah, no. If that was what you were trying to get at?

Or uh... Okay.

Westboro Baptist Church.

Doesn't seem like they put too much of a dent in Christianity, does it? Of course not, because majority rules. Just ask our friend Carl Jung. He said something to the extent of; what makes a thing true is solely based on majority belief.

True, is it not?

Alright. Looking forward to your response. Maybe your counter argument will kind of enlighten the debate a little once I find out what your beef is exactly.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
Station(s) that are Liberal:
-CNN
-NBC
-CBS
-MSNBC
-BBC

Station(s) that are conservative:
-Fox News

Sounds like Conservatives are getting underrepresented.