chloelbrown2003
WrickItRalph

Euthanasia

chloelbrown2003 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

chloelbrown2003

Pro

For those who do not know, Euthanasia is also recognised as assisted suicide or medical suicide. It is the act of ending a life, If the person requests it, To relieve pain and suffering. I am for euthanasia. I believe that people should have the right to decide when their own life should end. It should only be done by medical professionals in a hospital setting, It goes without saying. Why should people have to live in pain? That is no life. Whose family wants to watch them suffer? You should be allowed peace. As long as you are mentally assessed and proven to be mentally stable and capable, You should be allowed to make this decision.
WrickItRalph

Con

I'll state my position and then my contentions.

My position is that Elective Suicide is Okay.

My position is that Assisted Suicide is Not Okay.

My contention is that power of attorney is too easy to abuse and people can be coerced or end up with a person who doesn't have their best wishes at heart making the decision.

My contention is that there is not good way to fix this problem and therefore Euthanasia is immoral.

That is not to say that I am against the elderly killing themselves.

Your floor.