Anonymous
omar2345

Evil is addiction, And good is fasting

Pro

Humans need to fast, Fasting is the cure to all diseases, And addictions are the minds of diseases

blanket statements, But if you think you can shoot this down somehow be my guest
omar2345

Con

Fasting does not cure dehydration so it is not the cure to all diseases.

Don't know what you mean by "addiction are the minds of diseases"

Not all addictions are bad. Addicted to being a better person every day is not a bad thing.

Pro

Dehydration is not a disease lol, Maybe you could get a vaccine against it? Lol

Joy is 100 percent pure, Or pain free, Like you can pet a cat and no pain has to be involved, If you pet it right you know hehe. . Where as love is balanced by hate, They can not exist without each other. . Love for life is hate for death, Love for cute little furries is hate for something like a spider, I recken

addiction is lack of self control, And fasting requires pure will power

your last statement is broken. . How do you become a better person than you are? Being yourself, There is no higher level. . But i woudnt call it an addiction, Im pretty sure its not, Sure enough to not go check it. . Addiction is like being 2 in a way, The drug is calling from inside. . Fasting will kill that shitt, If you have anxieties or some mental health issues, Its the real deal, And its the exact opposite of addiction, Like i said takes pure will power, Try it ;)

Snake diet channel:
https://www. Youtube. Com/channel/UC_yUeH8TsG5pxqvkOxBtsFA
omar2345

Con

Yeah I made a mistake with dehydration.

What if you find joy in your own pain (masochist)?

Joy is a limited to a certain instance or in a short term. Love is more of a long term thing or not only limited to a certain instance.

I am sure someone can love both furries and spiders. Yes to love something you must also feel the opposite. Which means for love to be the case hate will also need to exist.

If you are addicted to arriving at work on time. Then how is that a bad thing. Lack of self control can help make it easier to voice your opinions. Self-control can make it more difficult because it would be hiding or nullifying some emotions for you to have control over yourself.

How about a person in a desert or has no water or food, Does he have pure will power or does he want to survive until he can quench his thirst? Fasting no where in the definition that it is a choice or not. So then I can assume that guy in the desert was fasting. Yes he might have pure willpower to survive but the next civilization he finds he will stuff himself with food. If you cannot make it a regular thing instead of once in a year it has no affect. Sure you lost weight in Ramadan or something else but you eat a lot more afterwards which pretty much nullifies all the gains you had. Fasting is good if you keep it consistent and if what you are fasting is good. I can say I am abstaining from fruit and vegetable so that I can fill myself with Junk food.

By definition addiction is a condition or fact of being addicted to a particular substance or activity. Being addicted to being better every day can be an addiction. I am simply stating that there are good addictions.

Could you make another debate on the same topic so that there are more rounds to make arguments on?
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
you can share your points of agreement, I do that often, Then you might run into a counter point. . But i don't think there are any
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Fun is also part of life, A good example of this is why does sex feel good? Its not becuase we simply reason we need to have sex and then we do it, Its because it feels good we got this far

But when did you ever hear some one say, I have a good addiction. . An addiction is bad, But there are worse addictions than others. .

if you can't counter my position somehow you don't belong to the con side, I don't just kid around in here im serious about my debates :)
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
But then what do I have to debate you on? Whether fasting is good or not? I can't debate you on addiction being evil if I already concede that it is always bad.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Alright fine with the habbits part.

I don't agree with not being better every day.

Let's say instead of eating junk food for every 3 days. I drop it entirely. By doing that I am better off.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Good habbits are good! :)
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
There is no being better every day, Being yourself is the highest leve

habbit is not addiction, Addiction is always bad
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
The habit by itself is bad. . . . . .
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
The habit by itself but it depends on the scenario. Like I am addicted to be better every day. Addiction is a bad habit but I am using it to better myself. Basically making a bad thing helpful.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I think your definition are very unspecifik

do you agree that addiction=bad habbit?
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
I know addiction is something you do more then once.

Addicted: physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance.

You can't be dependent on something if you are not regularly using it.

Those were my definitions. If we agree it will be easier to debate it without speaking past each other and not understand what each of us is saying (You can copy and past definitions for Round 1)