EdgeOfTheInfinite
RonPaulConservative

Evolution should be taught in public schools

RonPaulConservative

EdgeOfTheInfinite

Pro

First round is for acceptance and definitions though definitions can be placed and clarified in the second round as well but none else.
Second round for arguments only.
Third round for rebuttals only.
Fourth round is for counter-rebuttals and concluding statements.

Evolution-the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

Theory-a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of facts or phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed through experiment or observation.

I await my opponent's acceptance.
EdgeOfTheInfinite

Pro

Sorry I forgot some definitions.
Fact-a thing that is indisputably the case.
Science-the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Evolution is science
It is not a secret that evolution is science. It has been proven by extensive research by both observation and experimentation. In science class, we are taught biology. It is very difficult to explain the reason why the trachea is covered with ringed cartilage and the esophagus is not without the theory of evolution. Without teaching evolution we are obstructing learning in the classroom. No one is opposed to the water cycle being taught in class, that is science. Evolution is also science thus should be taught.

Theories are taught in science class
You may or may not have heard of molecular theory which is the theory that when an object reaches it's boiling point it's atoms become energetic and spaced and the object becomes a gas, when it reaches he melting point the atoms slow down and become a liquid and when it reaches the freezing point the atoms come close together and become a solid. This is a theory meaning that it has been through extensive research and all or most test come back confirming this. We cannot see these atoms moving about, but we know they're there. If you believe that the theory of evolution by natural selection should not be taught in class because it's just a theory you agree that we should not teach molecular theory as well plus all the other theories that they teach in science class. There's nothing wrong with theories[1]. Theories are not guesses that we fail to double check, they are extensively researched and tested. There are no credible scientists that have poked a major whole in the theory of evolution. Many christian youtubers have tried as well as many unaccredited scientists, but none have found substantial evidence that proves evolution to be flawed.

A few people opposing something is not an argument for halting the flow of knowledge
If a parent of an obese family came to the school asking for physical education to be stopped because it makes his little Jimmy tired should we let them? If you answered yes I'd like to challenge you to another debate if not then you'll understand that it is the same thing with christian parents. Because a few christian don't like evolution being taught in schools should we end the process for all students simply because a few parents are offended. Those parents have the right to send their child to a private school or home school them, but every person in the district or state shouldn't have to suffer because a few people don't like it.

Citation:
[1]https://www.youtube.com...
RonPaulConservative

Con

Evolution shouldn't be taught in schools because evolution is false, {1} and we shouldn't teach things in schools that have been proven false. Checkmate atheists.

{1}. https://docs.google.com...
EdgeOfTheInfinite

Pro

My opponent fails to bring up a legitimate source. If my opponent can link a report from an accredited university or professor that proves through extensive research that evolution is false then my opponent can debate otherwise con must bring up a new argument. I'm not citing google doc from a possible ignorant evangelist in my argument.
RonPaulConservative

Con

REFUTATION OF R2 ARGUMENT:
Evolution is not science because evolution is false, {1} if evolution is not science, we shouldn't teach it in schools.

{1}. https://docs.google.com...

EdgeOfTheInfinite

Pro

He once again quotes the google doc as his one holy truth. If anyone would like to debate me about thsi for real just add my name to a debate please and thank you.

Vote Pro because I had legitimate arguments with sources and he had a google docs.
RonPaulConservative

Con

As shown by my source, evolution is false. That doc BTW has very credible sources in it, so your claim that I used illegitemate sources is just false.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Evolution is false

1. Name the sentient animal created by evolutionists during experimentation:

Answer #1 here:__________________________________.

2: Must have EVOLVED from microbe to a sentient living air breathing, crawling, walking, flying ,egg producing, reproductive animal :

Answer #2 here:__________________________________.

.... because Sentient creatures ARE the recognized Life on earth. Otherwise it's a bacteria, and while they may be a form of life, not a single example of one ever becoming a creature sentient OR otherwise exists in the History of Science.

Medical Definition of Microbe
Microbe: A minute organism typically visible under a microscope. Microbes include bacteria, fungi, and protozoan parasites.

Not excuses please.

3. Name the scientist and the experiment that SUCCESSFULLY produced that specific sentient Life form.

Answer #3 here:__________________________________.

4. Name a single animal that changed from one species to a completely different species in history that IS 100% proveable!

Answer #4 here:__________________________________.

Like dog to fish, bird to lizard, elephant to flea, ape to Man, pig to dog, must be 100% factual OR it CANNOT BE CALLED TRUE as defined by dictionary.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: DNehlsen// Mod action: Removed<

6 points to Con (Conduct, Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Debater Con gave a source which he claimed to have written himself. It was a good read, however I do not believe that debater pro even bothered to read it. Within the article thirteen different sources could be found, vs Pros single YouTube link. Con presented a very long and detailed argument which Pro never made any rebuttal to.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn"t explain conduct. (2) Sources are insufficiently explained. The voter cannot simply weigh sources based on their number. It must be clear why one side"s sources were more reliable than the others, which requires assessing their quality. The voter doesn"t clearly do that. (3) Arguments are insufficiently explained. Merely pointing out that one debater failed to address the argument of the other is not enough " the voter must assess specific points by both debaters and compare them.
************************************************************************
Posted by RonPaulConservative 1 year ago
RonPaulConservative
So? You still failed to refute that argument so I win.
Posted by EdgeOfTheInfinite 1 year ago
EdgeOfTheInfinite
With no other arguments.
RonPaulConservative
As stated in the debate, if evolution is false it shouldn't be taught in schools. So, I sought to show that it shouldn't be taught in schools by proving it falser.
Posted by EdgeOfTheInfinite 1 year ago
EdgeOfTheInfinite
This was a debate on whether or not evolution should be taught in schools not whether or not it was false.
RonPaulConservative
No, but the arguments and sources therein are.
Posted by EdgeOfTheInfinite 1 year ago
EdgeOfTheInfinite
You just admitted it yourself. A NINTH grade report is not basis for removing an entire portion of a curriculum.
RonPaulConservative
the sources are in the doc. You should have attacked the arguments used therein. P.S. I wrote it in 9th grade for an assignment.
RonPaulConservative
Vote Placed by xXKorvexiusXx 1 year ago
xXKorvexiusXx
EdgeOfTheInfiniteRonPaulConservativeTied
Reasons for voting decision: The debate was disappointing overall but was so funny that I laughed really hard. Either way, pro just asserted evolution as science and true, and con gave a source against it. I don't care how reliable the source in question is, but I can make two points here. 1. It was more reliable then pro's only source, a YouTube video 2. Con gave a source why evolution is false. Pro gave no sources for why evolution is true. Therefore, it wouldn't matter who is right here, con had better sources and better arguments by default. I also awarded conduct to con because unlike pro, he wasn't blatantly dismissing arguments because they are located in a google docs file. Saying "X is false because of where it is published is a basic fallacy.
Vote Placed by Theguy1789 1 year ago
Theguy1789
Reasons for voting decision: Con argued that evolution is false, and that false things shouldn't be taught in schools. To respond to this, Pro sad that con's argument 'wasn't a legitimate source,' when she should have showed how evolution was true and addressed Cons arguments against it. Arguments to Con. Sources to con because he was the only one with any source. Pro used an ad-hoc attack against Con's google doc by claiming that it was written by a 'ignorant evangelist,' insteed of attacking the arguments therein.
Vote Placed by squonk 1 year ago
squonk
Reasons for voting decision: CON violated the rules of the debate by posting a link to a poorly-written essay. PRO made the point that the theory of evolution is not "just a theory" as CON contends in his essay. Indeed, CON fails to understand that a scientific theory "is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not 'guesses' but reliable accounts of the real world." [Wikipedia] CON's essay is riddled with misconceptions about what evolution is, what evolution predicts, and what kind of evidence would disprove the theory of evolution. See comments for more details.
Vote Placed by Grandzam 1 year ago
Grandzam
Reasons for voting decision: Ok so I updated my vote because I did not read the doc last time. Now that I have, I have decided to give conduct points to Pro as well. The doc is a grand total of about 16,000 charactors. As the rules of the debate allow much less, I gave Pro the points for conduct due to the rule breaking in the doc. I would probably award arguments for this as well if Pro mentioned the violation. Second, Con never attacked the contention that we are taught theories in math class. That means that it does not matter if evolution is true or not, I am still voting Pro. The doc isn't refuted so I will concede that evolution is false for the purposes of the debate but even if it is false, Con never said why it should be taught in schools. Since Pro argument is the only one I have directly relating to the resolution, she wins.