Warlock123456789
omar2345

Fallout 76 alone is a good game

Started: 11/20/2018 Category: Games

Warlock123456789

Pro

I believe that fallout 76 is a good game. You can play with other people as you wish and it is a very beautiful game. Compared to Fallout 4 it looks so much better. The game has just been released and so any minor bugs are ok.
omar2345

Con

You can play with other people- How is this a reason that this is a good game? If the game is bad you can still play with friends and laugh at it for example Fallout 76.

The game has just been released and so any minor bugs are ok- It has a handful of bugs. Here is a list of all them according to Windows Central (Never heard of this site until today)
https://www. Windowscentral. Com/fallout-76-list-bugs-glitches-issues

I can't see a difference. Source: Fallout New Vegas is the best game in the series. 76 does not even have NPC's not even a main quest. What are you supposed to do? Build, Kill and loot is that it? Fallout new Vegas you can join factions, Talk to NPC's, Kill, Loot, Use actual VATS, Have actually challenging game play (Deathclaws Quarry Junction), Replayable with different classes that offer there own unique way of playing the game, Choices matter, DLC when it was an expansion instead of content that can be finished in a couple of hours and mods that change how the game is instead of adding different textures.

Play Fallout New Vegas for yourself and see how the Betheda cannot make a Fallout game. New Vegas 1 and 2 are the only ones that are true to the source material. Fallout 3 does not make sense (How are people surving near a still active nuclear bomb and who thought it was a good idea to create a town near it? ). Fallout 4 reduces information to yes, No, Maybe/questions and sarcasm. It could've been more instead of what it was kill, Loot and build. 76 is the worst almost rivalling Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

Compared to Fallout 4 it looks so much better- https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=e1oTBG7ylrM

Warlock123456789

Pro

You said how fallout new Vegas has actually challenging game play implying that 76 does not. But it does. There are so many more bosses like scorch beast, Mega sloth, Scorch beast queen, Etc. (https://screenrant. Com/fallout-76-mutated-creatures-high-level/). There are also really cool, Unique enemies.

You asked what are you supposed to do in 76. Well there are MANY quests, Events, People to play with, Boss fights, And more. In 76 you can also join factions like the different kind of responders. There is actually kind of a main quest. The quest involves following the overseer and launching a nuke.

At the end of New Vegas the game just ends. But in 76 it basically never ends. There are so many thing to do. Also the graphics (I know it was made a long time ago) in New Vegas are unbearable for many people.

Fallout 76 has just been released and many changes will come that could make it better. New Vegas has been out for a very long time letting developers improve it. And 76 will have free expansions.
omar2345

Con

And 76 will have free expansions. - Please if there is one thing you will learn from this debate please by this. Gone are the time when people we annoyed by the Honest Hearts DLC difficulty. Now no one complains about a couple of hours added onto the main game. Automatron would be that example and Nuka Cola world makes no sense and Far Harbour is alright but I wish the game kept that same consistency found in Far Harbour but it didn't. Do you actually think the DLC would be any good? I just listed Fallout 4's DLC not including the one that added more building parts that were already in the game or in older titles still sold to you anyway (Wasteland Workshop). Back to the lesson. Bethesda do not care about you only your money. Fallout 76 is the example for that. Why do you think the DLC is free? Micro transactions. What generates more money? Micro transactions. If they cared about giving players the best experience do you think the DLC would be free and still include micro transactions? No. To me I rather have paid DLC then micro transactions. DLC gives more content and micro transactions are a money making scheme that does not improve the experience of the game.

Well there are MANY quests, Events, People to play with, Boss fights, And more- No NPC's involved right? Only holotapes.

join factions like the different kind of responders- New Vegas have the Brotherhood of Steel, Followers of the Apocalypse, The Legion, NCR, Boomers, Great Khans, White Glove Society and Powder Gangers. Now tell me how many Fallout 76 has?

The quest involves following the overseer and launching a nuke. - New Vegas changes as the story progresses and the choices you make. If that is all you can talk about as the main quest and have not played New Vegas I urge you to play it. Doesn't matter if you fire a nuke it matters what the nuke means.

At the end of New Vegas the game just ends. - Everything should have an ending because it had a beginning. Without ending it the game is not over. Are you sure you finished the game when the game doesn't tell you did? When does Fallout 76 end?

But in 76 it basically never ends. - This is not a good thing. Everything comes to an end. If Fallout 76 will not end it then you will end it which is a bad ending.
I played New Vegas knowing Hoover Dam would be the end of the game. Do you know what I did? Completed everything I wanted to until I was ready to finish it. The ending cutscene was amazing because it showed you what happened when you made your choices. Was it good or bad? You decide with the ending cutscenes showing you what happend when you finished your adventure. Fallout 76 cannot have that because you cannot leave a lasting impact in the world and see the choices you made in the world in the ending cutscene because there are no NPC's.

New Vegas are unbearable for many people. - You point is not valid when there are mods that can fix the problem. Fallout 76 will not have the same luxury until they bring out private servers. Let's say they don't I can update FNV's graphics looking much better then F76 and F76 looking the same it did when it was released.

Fallout 76 has just been released and many changes will come that could make it better. - The 47GB patch? Could is a guess but I highly doubt it can improve in the state it is in and the track record that Bethesda has in updating their games. When Skyrim was ported to pretty much every console they did not fix the bugs that were already in the game they modded HD graphics and sold it. If they do not update Skyrim, Their best selling game, Why would they update F76 to a point where bugs are really limited and not game breaking.

New Vegas has been out for a very long time letting developers improve it. - You do understand Bethesda sold this right? They do not update their games except for it is game breaking. Obsidian made New Vegas which is why I said Bethesda cannot make a Fallout game true to the source material. Obsidian were given 18 months to create New Vegas. Fallout 4 had 7 years and still it was not better then New Vegas.

And 76 will have free expansions. - A bad game with expansions is still a bad game with expansions. Did Bethesda promise expansions? What will they have a new playable area, Loot and bosses. What about NPC's? They are important without them Fallout isn't Fallout without them. How can you tell a sufficient story with no NPC's?

One more thing to take out of this is: Play New Vegas. It is the best for a reason. I am not just saying. Hopefully you do decide to play it.

Warlock123456789

Pro

Warlock123456789 forfeited this round.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
I still don't see the difference with that and Fallout 4.

I don't think you have played New Vegas.

It does take time to work but it is worth it.
Posted by Warlock123456789 3 years ago
Warlock123456789
I meant the scenery like the trees and sky, Not the graphics.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Made a mistake

Correction:

Compared to Fallout 4 it looks so much better- I can't see a difference. Source: https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=e1oTBG7ylrM