roseprimeyn
Chloe_Beining

Fashion has belittled women

Chloe_Beining has forfeited round #1.
Started: 3/16/2018 Category: Fashion
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

roseprimeyn

Pro

Women no longer see themselves worthwhile due to fashion trends. If you do not 'slay', you outta the game. Some women have gone to the extent of bleaching and tanning their skin which all cause cancer.(Its so funny how blacks want to be light and white and whites want a darker skin). Woman,please love yourself for who you are.You are beautiful and stop following fashion as it will only lead to disastrous ends.Be your own and not a self made Barbie!! All ladies who got fake hair,fake lashes, fake nails,fake butt etc how do you feel being fake all day?
Posted by roseprimeyn 3 years ago
roseprimeyn
Yes, I agree with you TPPDJT. I was a bit blunt and thank you for the corrections. Each day is a learning experience and truly appreciate being corrected.
Posted by roseprimeyn 3 years ago
roseprimeyn
Its not all about ' Western beauty standards' , whites also get a tan to look darker. Can you justify that?
I am talking about outer beauty not inner beauty , thus I posted a debate on fashion , whats seen by many as outside appearance. The first impression people see before you talk is what you are dressed in! Therefore , I advocate for people to love themselves without tanning and bleaching and adorning themselves with fakeness. What lesson are you implying to children and everyone, not to love themselves but be a Barbie! This is the reason why most women dont feel comfortable with their looks, why?, cause society especially the media has downgraded them to look in a specific way! I support your views but its always good to embrace the natural you!
Posted by TPPDJT 3 years ago
TPPDJT
I must admit that I somewhat agree with you pro, but probably not to the extent that you are proposing.
Posted by Amphia 3 years ago
Amphia
"Some women have gone to the extent of bleaching and tanning their skin which all cause cancer.(Its so funny how blacks want to be light and white and whites want a darker skin)."

That isn't a direct response to fashion trends. That is a direct response to the Western beauty standards. Black people all over the world have suffered under the hands of white people (in the past and in the present) and were told they were inferior. After centuries of hearing that crap, it's not hard to believe that people wished they were white. I even wish I was white sometimes. It's sad.

"All ladies who got fake hair,fake lashes, fake nails,fake butt etc how do you feel being fake all day?"

This is unfair. Having fake nails or fake hair doesn't mean you're a fake person. How can you say "love yourself" and then call people fake for having fake eyelashes for example.