limpfisch
CDC

Female privilege does not exist

CDC

limpfisch

Pro

I hear a lot of whining from men that it is only male privilege that is recognized and that females have unearned advantages over males in many areas.

I do not agree with this.
CDC

Con

For both male and females, There are definitely some advantages that one sex has over the other. In this instance, We are referring to females. Yes, There are some female privileges that females have and it's not heavily mentioned as often as male privilege is.

One example of female privilege is that women are often sentenced lighter imprisonment in comparison to men. Granted, More men commit crimes than women, But that shouldn't matter if the crimes committed are the same. Say if a man decides to rob a bank while having a gun in his hand. He antagonises the people in the bank and demands for money. After a while, The police force somehow arrest the guy and went to court, To which the jury states that, "he's going to jail for 50 years". Now imagine if a woman did the exact same crimes as the man did and was arrested for it. Only this time the woman is going to jail for 30 years. How is that fair? Yet that is a reality. According to Professor Sonja Starr, Who is a criminal law teacher, She states that, "men receive 63% longer sentences on average than women do, " and "women are twice as likely to avoid incarceration if convicted. " Having a higher possibility of a lighter incarceration period or be twice as likely to avoid it altogether as opposed to men is one sign of female privilege.

Another example is how women are able to get an abortion without the father having any say in the matter. Females have complete control over whether or not they want abort the baby. According to BBC, "American courts have consistently decided that a woman's right to an abortion can't be vetoed by a husband, Partner or ex-boyfriend, And also that a woman doesn't have to notify the father that she intends to have an abortion". BBC have also stated that "In 1987 and 2001, Men attempted in the UK courts to prevent their former partners having abortions; they failed". So in these countries, The right for women to abort their baby without the father is condoned, Which is a privilege to have because there are some countries that completely ban abortion with no legal exception, Such as Malta, Iraq, El Salvador, Philippians, Egypt, And many more. To further emphasis my point, There was a story on THE IRISH TIME about a man by the name of Joe, Who had an ex-girlfriend 20 years ago, And she aborted their baby without considering the guys' feelings. Joe had been told on numerous occasions that 'it had nothing to do with him' and "it's the girl's decision". After the abortion, Joe felt deep regret many years later on not being able to stop his ex-girlfriend from having an abortion. Even when Joe disagreed with the abortion, He had no voice to say in the final matter. The story presented here is the privilege of women having a choice to abort the baby without the father's consent. There is no country in the world, With the exception of China, Where both the man and woman in the relationship have an equal footing on whether they abort the child. Many women are unaware that being able to have a choice to abort their baby on the woman's own accordance, Is a sign of female privilege.

These are only a couple of examples of how female privilege does exist.
limpfisch

Pro

limpfisch forfeited this round.
CDC

Con

My point still stands. Nothing to further add on here.
limpfisch

Pro

limpfisch forfeited this round.
CDC

Con

Since my opponent didn't add anything to the debate, And i don't need to add anything else, Just vote for pro.
Posted by CDC 3 years ago
CDC
I meant to say 'con' for the last round instead of 'pro'.
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
Privilege in this context is talking about "are there ways in which X is advantaged over others. " It is not about tallying up all the disadvantages and advantages and seeing which comes out better.

Are there ways it is beneficial to be female than male? Certainly.

Privilege exists for EVERY subset of humanity for the most part. You can say that the privilege is minuscule compared with other subsets of humanity, But you can't argue that it does not exist.
Posted by Athias 3 years ago
Athias
It's difficult to conclude whether either of the sexes are more ore less "privileged" fundamentally. How do we even go about gauging that? Do we take a sum of privileges we know to exist and tally them up against each other? And how do we argue "privilege" without first arguing the subjective meaning of "advantage"? What if were to talk about pretty women vs ugly men? Rich men vs poor women? There are many facets in which an argument can be submitted, And I think the title "Female privilege does not exist" is far too restrictive.
Posted by Republicrat20 3 years ago
Republicrat20
If anything women have less privileges as we are often discriminate against. Especially I'm the workplace
Sexual harrassment is rampid. I usually like to devil's advocate but I can't with this one. I am a strong supporter in women's rights. I will be keeping my eye on this one though! Good luck!

And hey if you would, Please go vote on my debate "Women are equal to men" I would appreciate your honesty opinion! Thanks!
Vote Placed by slin2678 3 years ago
slin2678
limpfischCDCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made no arguments.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
limpfischCDCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Despite Con telling people at the end to vote for Pro, I'll assume it was an accident. ff so Con wins the debate.