GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk
FordKareem

Feminism is not about equality

Argument Due
We are waiting for GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk to post argument for round #4. If you are GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk, login to see your options.
Updated: 2 days ago Status: Debating Period

GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk

Con

Feminism nowadays is not what it used to be. Instead of fighting for eqaulity its about spreading lies.
FordKareem

Pro

Yes it is.
Before you begin to assume what my thoughts are about this, Let me elaborate that I am not a feminist. I just want equality for everybody, No matter the differences.
To say that it isn't about equality is the most foolish thing I've ever heard. Feminism is about equality. Third-wave Feminism is about superiority. The history of feminism was during the time when women were portrayed as figures rather than real people. They were once seen as a typical wife/mother who didn't work, Instead was more of a servant to their husbands. Back then, When women were allowed to work, The gender wage gap was real. They weren't getting paid the same as men were, Their chances of getting careers you would typically see men have was quite rare, And the stereotypes continued so on and so forth. This is what sparked feminism, Because they were fed up with not being able to have EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES to men. They wanted the same opportunities, Jobs, Careers, Lives, Etc. Feminism is absolutely about equality, And no matter how the 21st century version of it tries to change its origin, It will still remain original. The feminism we see today is not true feminism. It never will be.
GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk

Con

Women are equal to men. Sure you can say that men with C's and D's have the same opportunities as women with straight A's but that is simply not true as it could go either way. In the 21st century applying for a job has a women and a man evaluate you as for it to not be biased in any way. Women and men could get accepted for a job because of emotional intelligence and grades have nothing to do with it (in some cases) Also, Men are not treated to women in fact the time for prison for rape for women is 3 years and for men well its any where from 40- a life time.
FordKareem

Pro

Just because there are inequalities that still exist gender-wise does not mean that feminism wasn't about equality. Much of the literature defines feminism as being about equal rights for women or equality between the sexes. Not only did feminism influence equality among genders, But also in the race. The Chicana Feminism Movement became politically active in the search for female and lesbian equality within American society. It challenged the roles of gender stereotypes. Are you telling me that isn't an equality-based movement?
You mentioned some true inequalities when it comes to gender, And I applaud you for that, However, That doesn't that historically, Feminism was for equality. The reason you could easily point out the gender inequalities is that third-wave feminism produced that; original feminism didn't. I'm not disagreeing with you on your facts, I'm disagreeing with you on your analysis that feminism in general that feminism isn't about equality.
Answer me this, Because this may result in either me forfeiting or continuing with this debate:
Are you talking about the original feminism or third-wave feminism?
GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk

Con

GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk forfeited this round.
FordKareem

Pro

FordKareem forfeited this round.
Posted by Minddagger 1 week ago
Minddagger
if feminists really fight for equality then why don't they change their name? Because "feminists" sound like they are only fighting for the feminine, Calling yourself a FEMinist when you are fighting for equality is dishonest.
Posted by unicorngod 1 week ago
unicorngod
dude that"7; radical feminism big difference