Max.Wallace
KD208043

Firearms should be illegal, Just like aliens.

Argument Due
We are waiting for KD208043 to post their argument for round #2. If you are KD208043, login to see your options.
Started: 2/11/2019 Category: News
Updated: 2 days ago Status: Debating Period

Max.Wallace

Pro

You are not very smart if you run a phone better then a self protection device.
KD208043

Con

I'm not quite sure how your statement is an argument at all; thus I will address the main point in the title of this debate.

Firearms should not be illegal. While it is true that firearms have been used for ill in many cases, Abolishing firearms completely would take away hunters' ability to hunt animals for food.

Firearms are very effective as a self-defense tool with the right training. There need to be restrictions and thorough background checks because a firearm is (obviously) dangerous in the wrong hands, But they should not be completely illegal for these basic reasons.
Max.Wallace

Pro

Max.Wallace forfeited this round.
Posted by these_republicans 4 days ago
these_republicans
Guns and any other type of firearms should not ever be prohibited. It simply isn't the gun, But it's the person behind it. If you sit a gun somewhere, It isn't harming anyone. Maybe a safety course or mental test to see if you are sane enough would be nicer but not as far as removing firearms.
Posted by Mr_Popper 4 days ago
Mr_Popper
Sometimes when I read "aliens" I think of beings from other planets instead of illegal aliens. This usually doesn't happen as it's almost always worded "illegal aliens" and not just "aliens", But it did with this.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 5 days ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Con,
I agree with your standpoint, But
"Abolishing firearms completely would take away hunters' ability to hunt animals for food. "
Not really. In modern civilization, Very few people rely on hunting for food. Those that do are mainly in third world countries and can't afford firearms.