AnimeFanMatyuSniperTHM
clingard86

Firing Squad should be used in every country not only in US.

AnimeFanMatyuSniperTHM has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

AnimeFanMatyuSniperTHM

Pro

I think serial killers aren't getting enough big punishment in EU. Simply bunch of years aren't enough. For 1 murder, sure 10 years of prison is okay, but 10 serial murders? In my country Slovenia they actually give up to 30 years only, no matter what. It's weird and I think not only US should use firing squad. I also think police needs to use guns more commonly and if firing squad is legal, a lot of police officers wouldn't just use guns at shooting range. I know people say that police already use guns at massive shootings, but in EU they are rare. So if firing squad would be legal in EU, police would use guns more commonly and serial killers would get proper penalty.
clingard86

Con

If you believe that a serial killer has no right to kill others, what then gives the state the right to become serial killers in their capacity? A bit hypocritical wouldn't you say?

Retributive justice, perhaps reasonable in a personal capacity, fails as an idea when you would entrust the decisions of life and death to a corruptible system like the state.

One need only look at the gun death statistics of armed and unarmed countries to over rule the idea that normal mammals(the police) should be awarded a monopoly on force and the right to perform summary executions. In countries where guns are banned, lo and behold, gun deaths are negligible to the point of non-discussion.

Custodial sentences and the facilities that run them are quite ineffectual for rehabilitation but they do their job as it pertains to keeping harmful people away from the general population.

I can sympathise with your countries non-committal attitude when it comes to life sentences. 30 years is inadequate.
Posted by What50 3 years ago
What50
Pfft, I think it's better if they died, how they killed their victims.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
I totally agree with you, you got my vote!!
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
You guys get only 10 years of jail for a murder? It should be the death sentence and not by lethal injection.

https://docs.google.com... is a rough draft on how to kill murderers.