Grobbit
Kvng_8

Food is a choice

Kvng_8
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

Grobbit

Pro

I believe food is a choice and is optional to use. You can present your argument first!
Kvng_8

Con

Greetings, I'll take the debate.

Two questions:

Do you mean it's a choice as in you don't have to eat at all and to starve yourself? Meaning you can choose not to eat ever? Like never eat food again in your life? - If you meant that, Food is not a choice and it isn't optional. Everyone living thing needs food to survive.

Or do you mean a "choice" between healthy food and junk food? Or perhaps choose not to eat too much and to eat moderately? - If you meant that, We'll debate about that.

I didn't know what you meant exactly so I can't make a full blown argument this round, Let's start in Round 2. Go ahead.
Grobbit

Pro

People complain about drug use among people when I really think food is an issue. Food causes many health problems like obesity and leprosy. Living things need to find alternate energy sources that will not pollute their body with diseases. People don't want to use coal as their energy. We should use solar power like plants. The technology is there. Thanks for playing.
Kvng_8

Con

1. Drug use is on a whole other scale than food. They are totally different and shouldn't even be compared. As for drugs, That would be a choice.

2. Also, In your round 1 you said the word "use". Food cannot be "used". This makes me confirm that you think drug use and food consumption are in the same bracket, Correct?

3. Drug use is undoubtedly bad for you but if someone does drugs then cool that's on them, Their choice. Back to the food topic.

4. As for food? Food is vital for life. You must eat to live. Not all food is bad, There's healthy food. True there is a lot of bad stuff that can be in food and you don't know what's in it, But a simple solution would be to grow your own garden with fruits and vegetables and incorporate that into what you eat.

5. Other solutions:
Exercise & prevent yourself from perhaps being obese
Eat in moderation and choose the right meals that are necessary for your body that has nutrients (fruits, Vegetables, Etc)
Not eat junk food 24/7 and food that is unhealthy

6. Also, Please prove to me how food can give you leprosy?

7. "People don't want to use coal as their energy. We should use solar power like plants. " - Those are already sources of energy for the environment. Do you mean that those things should be consumed by people?

8. Are you saying that people should starve to death and die out? Or am I looking too far into your point. Enlighten me.

9. With your argument, Are you speaking for EVERY person (including vegetarians, Obese individuals, People who are skinny, People who are fit, Healthy and exercise, Etc) because everyone eats.

Let me add this: Food is not a choice. The type of food you eat is a choice.

You can't avoid or take away food, Simply put.

Side note: I really love food.
Grobbit

Pro

1. Drugs are very similar to food in that they are both substances that when consumed affect your body in various ways based on their components
2. The use of food is when you consume the substance into your body
3. Not very relevant, Not going to respond
4. Food is not vital for life, Energy and nutrients are. The delivery mechanism is horrible and is the leading cause of death every year. (Source: https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=OucCLslw4J4)
5. Exercise can seriously injure some and is not a long-term solution to the food parable.
6. Food rots itself after time, Correct? That's why it composts? If you take in the nutrients from the food, You yourself can rot, Which is very very bad.
7. Yes, I think people should consume the energy and nutrients that the sun provides like all other living things do
8. People need not starve, They just need to use less harmful methods of getting energy than food.
9. I am speaking for everyone because everyone who eats is negatively affected by food.

Food is a choice, And we as a species are making the wrong choice

I really hate food for all the disease and nuclear war it has caused.
Kvng_8

Con

1 and 2. I suppose. But generally, Drugs are far worse they are actually harmful to your body. It will have a bad affect on your teeth, Lose brain cells and etc. Like I said drug use is on a completely different scale compared to food. You need food to live you don't need drugs to live. If a drug addict quits drugs for good, They won't die. If you quit eating food, Which is the source of your energy, You will die.

3. I said that since you brought drugs into this. Didn't know if you do drugs or not so I didn't want to offend you or anyone that's viewing the debate.

4. Food is vital for life. Energy in nutrients are food. You need fats, Proteins, Carbohydrates etc. Look at the food pyramid.

5. I guess, If you don't overdo it, And how is it not a long term solution?

6. Of course. Do you eat rotten food? No. You eat fresh food. You can't rot from consuming food, Stomach acid breaks down the food then the food comes out of you when you use the bathroom.

7. Inaccurate

8. Food is life

9. Not everyone, You can't speak for everyone - also, Like I said not ALL food is bad. What's next? Water is a choice? We can't drink water because A B and C?

10. We aren't making the "wrong choice". Like I said this isn't a choice. You must eat to live. It's nature. Animals hunt and eat other animals. They must eat to live. So based on your argument, Do you apply the same thing to animals in the wild?

11. You're probably the very first person who said they hate food and on top of that, Says it caused "nuclear war" what? Explain that.

Round 3 is over now. You might have to make a follow up debate and challenge me or reply to me in the comments.
Posted by Kvng_8 2 weeks ago
Kvng_8
hey omar based off your reasonings that you voting decision that you wrote and based off of the point you gave me on "more convincing arguments" wouldnt you agree with me before and after the debate? Why would it be tied?
Posted by Kvng_8 2 weeks ago
Kvng_8
Thanks for voting for me shamuuuuuu. We have a part 2 debate, Go check that out as well. Its a continuation of this one.
Posted by Kvng_8 2 weeks ago
Kvng_8
Hey no eating allowed! Lol I'm joking.

We are continuing our debate :) Link: https://www. Debate. Org/debates/Food-is-a-choice-PART-2-Electric-Boogaloo/1/

Vote on here if you want, And don't forget to vote on there as well. Or you could just wait until that one is over.
Posted by TheBoldDebator 2 weeks ago
TheBoldDebator
:eats popcorn:
Posted by Kvng_8 2 weeks ago
Kvng_8
Round 3 (Point 4) - Energy and nutrients are in food. *
Vote Placed by omar2345 2 weeks ago
omar2345
GrobbitKvng_8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Food:any nutritious substance that people or animals eat or drink or that plants absorb in order to maintain life and growth. Nothing in Pro's defined what food is. I did and guess what it is needed? Maintain life and growth is required for humans. Food is not a choice. Against made a similar argument " Food is vital for life. Energy in nutrients are food. You need fats, Proteins, Carbohydrates etc. Look at the food pyramid." Yes the food pyramid is not the best way of maintaining health but his point still stands.
Vote Placed by shamuuuuuuuuu29 2 weeks ago
shamuuuuuuuuu29
GrobbitKvng_8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: In all honesty, I'm not sure there is any possible argument that could be given to me that would make me believe food is a choice. Food isn't a choice, just because we have developed far into society and could theoretically survive off various energy and nutritional supplements doesn't mean we should. No modern energy or nutrition supplements can meet the suggested demand. To compare food to drugs is as outlandish as it gets yet I still see Pro's point with it, I just majorly disagree with it. Con definitely gets my vote.