backwardseden
primeministerJoshua812

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous god EX 34:14

backwardseden has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

Yep christians, that's the name of your god as he named himself in your bible as "jealous". Pretty tragic and appalling. After all jealousy is nothing more than anger as disguised fear. And this god of yours also freely admitted that he has baggage issues such as anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, and evil. Those are emotions that are befitting of a supreme deity - right? Well if you think so then you most assuredly believe that this god of yours is pure hate and nothing but. You are also as immoral as this god of yours is and yet you cannot even prove that this god even exists! After all this god of yours bastilled man with those emotions so in turn man could learn to hate with at least 1 billion dead all in the supposed "good"name of this christian god on the battlefields alone. "More people have died in the name of god than for any other reason." George Carlin and he's right. Yet strangely, and what christians DON'T GET is that this god of theirs could have started out with peace, love, harmony, kindness, care etc etc etc AND KEPT IT. Nah this supposed god of theirs, in which they cannot even prove exists (snicker snick the munching green waits - Barry King), has never made peace, or cared about it enough to have kept it, as this god of theirs is more concerned about evil, anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy and clearly pain and suffering especially among children, and most importantly flexing his muscles to absolutely show who is in charge and showing his superior ego god complex in which the bible is all about and nothing else.

Rules: Show that this god of the bible utterly believes in kindness, care, harmony, peace, love etc, and in no possible way believes in the contradictory hypocritical anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy, evil etc. Chapters and verses only please.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
primeministerJoshua812

Con

Okay so let us begin. There is a difference between holy jealousy and sinful jealousy.

Holy jealousy means that one is appropriately possessive of something that belongs to him or her. For example, I am not willing to share my husband"s heart or body with any other woman because he is mine. I"m happy to share his gifts and energies with the body of Christ and the larger world, and I even love to see that happen, but I want his heart and soul to be exclusively mine. That is a kind of holy and entirely appropriate jealousy.

Sinful jealousy is the desire to have something that doesn"t belong to us; another word is envy. When we want something God has not given to us, such as other people"s fame, or material goods, or a job, or favour, or a spouse, that is a sin. Sometimes we see this in a jealous person who wants all the attention of their loved one to be directed to themselves. I have seen people who fly into a rage when they learn that their spouse or significant other has talked on the phone with anyone, or had any kind of conversation with a third person. Such a jealous person desires to have a level of exclusivity that doesn"t belong to them.

God exhibits holy jealousy because our love and adoration rightfully belong to Him; He is jealous with a holy jealousy when we love and worship false gods in idolatry. His kind of jealousy is not sinful because we belong to Him and He created our hearts to belong to Him as well.

Your other statements seem to bring up the problem of suffering and evil. As well as the claim that God cannot be proven. If you would like I can elaborate on this further. Particularly on why I object to your statements.
backwardseden

Pro

Since you are only 15, I will not rip your throat apart even though you flatly deserve it because you like the typical christian are totally 100% incapable of reading. And since you cannot read, you invent excuses from something in which your clearly know nothing about and yet you pretend you do especially on a subject that you claim to have knowledge upon and you really don"t. So what you try to do is bluff your way onto center stage with chips that you don"t have for any poker arena. Bad idea. Especially for someone who does know something, namely me, about this subject. Now I am going to gently use a strike 3 basis for you because you clearly invented excuses, you know it, and you will be out, and this debate will be over.
"Holy jealousy" strike 1. There"s no such thing. You invented it. I"ve been doing this for 23+ years and have talked with roughly 22,000 on this subject and NO ONE has ever come up with that turgid silly little drab. Now I did not mention christ, a false prophet - and trust me you most certainly don"t want to get into it as its a losing buffoonery on your part, so the rest of this paragraph will be dismissed.
OK sin, well since I am an atheist the proper way to be because I don"t have to constantly look over my shoulder and worry about sin and wonder if I am going to be sent to hell or not.
"His kind of jealousy is not sinful because we belong to Him"" Whoa there hot stuff, who is this "we"? Um no. Its you and only you in your entire existence of lonely foolishness. And I, and all other atheists who have an education and intelligence do in no way shape or form belong to this s--t terrorist god of yours in which you cannot even prove exists. Strike 2. Here"s a video just posted to help you with that"
- Evidence for god
"Your other statements seem to bring up the problem of suffering and evil. As well as the claim that God cannot be proven. If you would like I can elaborate on this further. Particularly on why I object to your statements." No I wouldn"t because you should have. That"s strike 3. You took the lazy way out in which is most certainly not appreciated. You have also not given ANY evidence to support your false claims. And I did say "Chapters and verses only please." in which I 100% know you cannot come up with.
primeministerJoshua812

Con

In most of your reply, you give insults and utter nonsense except for evidence and rational argument. If God does exist then we do belong to him because he is our creator. If you need verses and chapters the read the bible and the new testament. Please start with John 3:16-17. I think we should have a discussion on the problem of suffering and evil as well as any other arguments for the existence of God. For Matt Dillahunty here are some videos for you to watch
backwardseden

Pro

"If you need verses and chapters the read the bible and the new testament." That's why you are 15. I don't need verses. You do. I know the bible. You don't. Because if you had any knowledge inside of that cabbage batbrain of yours, you would have presented those verses. You are an amazingly lazy oafing cow obviously minus any intelligence and edumacation whatsoever. I'm not going to look up your crap. That's not my job. You present it to me and other opponents you happen to be against in the future. And if you can't, that's your f--king problem and you will lose every---single---debate---you---are---engaged---with if you don't. Again that's why you are 15. Age has everything to do with it. I'm 57. I've amassed A LOT more knowledge simply because of my age over a preschooler like you than you ---ever--- will about your terrorist god who hates children, and you are a child, in which you cannot prove even exists, in which you clearly know nothing about to begin with. "f God does exist then we do belong to him because he is our creator". Oh really? According to what? You? How would you know? What grade of ABC's that you haven't graduated from did you come up what that formula to transcribe your bachelors degree? Now I'm going to pulverize you with some actual verses from your bible about children coming from your god's lips since you are such a lazy simpleton as he hates, you, namely a child.

Lamentations 4: 9-11 "They that be slain with the sword are better than they that be slain with hunger: for these pine away, stricken through for want of the fruits of the field. 10 The hands of the pitiful women have sodden their own children: they were their meat in the destruction of the daughter of my people. 11 The LORD hath accomplished his fury; he hath poured out his fierce anger, and hath kindled a fire in Zion, and it hath devoured the foundations thereof." (cannibalism)

Matthew 2:16 "Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men." (babies)

Judges 21:10 "And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children."

Here are some verses that show how the christian god truly hates children by causing their pain and suffering. If after you reading these verses and you do not think so, something is seriously wrong with you. No offense.

2 Samuel 12:11-14 11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun. 13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. From evilbible.com [The child dies seven days later.] This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible. God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick! (rape)

Deuteronomy 2:34 "And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:"
Numbers 31:17-18 "17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (rape)

Leviticus 26:21-22 "And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate." Rob you of your children?

1 Samuel 15:3 "3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling , ox and sheep, camel and a$$." (babies)

Hosea 13:16 "Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." Wow. Such a nice gentle caring god who is all warm and fuzzy inside. This book should clearly be read to children - correct? (babies) (abortion)

Deuteronomy 2: 32-34 "32 Then Sihon came out against us, he and all his people, to fight at Jahaz. 33 And the Lord our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. 34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:"

2 Kings 8: 9-15 "9 So Hazael went to meet him, and took a present with him, even of every good thing of Damascus, forty camels' burden, and came and stood before him, and said, Thy son Benhadad king of Syria hath sent me to thee, saying, Shall I recover of this disease? 10 And Elisha said unto him, Go, say unto him, Thou mayest certainly recover: howbeit the Lord hath shewed me that he shall surely die. 11 And he settled his countenance stedfastly, until he was ashamed: and the man of God wept. 12 And Hazael said, Why weepeth my lord? And he answered, Because I know the evil that thou wilt do unto the children of Israel: their strong holds wilt thou set on fire, and their young men wilt thou slay with the sword, and wilt dash their children, and rip up their women with child. 13 And Hazael said, But what, is thy servant a dog, that he should do this great thing? And Elisha answered, The Lord hath shewed me that thou shalt be king over Syria. 14 So he departed from Elisha, and came to his master; who said to him, What said Elisha to thee? And he answered, He told me that thou shouldest surely recover. 15 And it came to pass on the morrow, that he took a thick cloth, and dipped it in water, and spread it on his face, so that he died: and Hazael reigned in his stead. (abortion)

2 Kings 15:16 "Then Menahem smote Tiphsah, and all that were therein, and the coasts thereof from Tirzah: because they opened not to him, therefore he smote it; and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up." (abortion truly sick and disgusting)

Ezekiel 9:5-7 "And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. 7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city."

Hosea 9: 11-16 "As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception. 12 Though they bring up their children, yet will I bereave them, that there shall not be a man left: yea, woe also to them when I depart from them! 13 Ephraim, as I saw Tyrus, is planted in a pleasant place: but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. 14 Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. 15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters. 16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb." (abortion)

Exodus 12:29-30 "And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died."

* Exodus 21:17 "And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death."
* Leviticus 20:9 "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him."
* Mark 7:10 "For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:"
* Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."
* Matthew 10:21 "And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death."
Do you think you should be put---to---death for cursing at your parents? Y____? N____? Why? Why Not? Your god thinks you should. After all its repeated AT LEAST 5 fricken times in his bible. Oh but wait, what if its the reverse? What if your parents rape, beat, and torture you which is what happens most of this time. Oh nothing happens to them then. That"s according to YOUR bible. Indeed YOUR god truly hates children.

You had your chance. You blew it. Your next "anything" to me will be ignored because you have a 0% clue as to what you asre squawking about.
primeministerJoshua812

Con

The nonsense in your first paragraph is very evident. Age means nothing. Semi off topic here. I am very active in local, Provincial and national politics of my homeland and I have met many who are ignorant of political events and issues but still try to talk me down because of my age. You are clearly educated in religion but you are not fully educated and so I shall put on my teaching cap and refute you. So on to the verses of belonging to God.

Romans 14:7-9: For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Hallelujah!

Romans 14:7-9, NIV For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Hallelujah!

John 1:12: "to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Psalm 100:3: Know that the LORD, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture.

Isaiah 43:1: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.

1 Corinthians 6:19: Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 John 3:1: See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.

1 John 4:4: "you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.

Bible on Children

The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"

He called a little child to him and placed the child among them. And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

" Matthew 18:1-5

What the Bible Says About Children
From beginning to end, God speaks about the importance of children through his Word. Because children are important to God, children are important to us.

To help you connect with God's heart for children, we have compiled this list of Bible verses that speak to children as a blessing in our lives and to how God asks us to relate to and regard children.

Children are an important and valuable part of God's Kingdom. Knowing what the Bible says about children will help you connect with God's heart and the children in your lives, which is always a good thing.

All of the Bible references are from the New International Version.

The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven

" Matthew 18:1-5

The Little Children and Jesus
People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone, who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

" Mark 10:13-16

Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.

" Matthew 19:13-14

People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone, who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

" Luke 18:15-17

Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one"s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.

" Psalm 127:3-5

A good person leaves an inheritance for their children"s children, but a sinner"s wealth is stored up for the righteous.

" Proverbs 13:22

Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.

" Proverbs 13:24

Children"s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.

" Proverbs 17:6

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."

" Matthew 18:10

An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest."

" Luke 9:46-47 (also Mark 9:35-37)

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

" James 1:27

A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come, but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

" John 16:21

Also for the other verses, I will keep this simple. First, the problem of suffering and evil many whether God has good reasons to permit what we would call evil and whether free will exist. Old Testament laws in Context check out Dr. Michael Hieser. You seem to be insulting instead of rational. Remember 1 Peter 3:15 which says Your heart should be holy and set apart for the Lord God. Always be ready to tell everyone who asks you why you believe as you do. Be gentle as you speak and show respect.
Posted by mosc 3 years ago
mosc
measure for measure. You get what you give.
Posted by primeministerJoshua812 3 years ago
primeministerJoshua812
32doni32nido32

Backwardseden isn't very mature himself.
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
@mosc
Very mature.
Posted by mosc 3 years ago
mosc
@backwardseden = L O S E R
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
That's what a debate is about you idiot. Oh and believe me. I gave you plenty of space for you to string yourself alive. And that I shall. That of course is that you stick to your word in which I 100% know you will break. But now it is time for my nap. And I sleep for a day. So over and out for at least that long. So that is going to give you PLENTY of time for you to THINK.
primeministerJoshua812
Order! You do not defend your positions and so you shall be opposed.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Thank god I don't believe in your god and am true to myself whereas you are not true to anything and that includes yourself. The rules have ALREADY BEEN STATED YOU F--KING PRICK.
primeministerJoshua812
A Bastard you are. I've realized that. Define the terms of a debate and I will make it.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Awe the poor wittle wost sheepish bore is wosisg his wittle wed wosey spanked bottom and broken sticks and cannot stand it. Go cry a green river to mommy. "Yeah I am arrogant to a self righteous egotistical prick like you. Now you either come up with a proper debate, guided by the rules, as stated, within the next hour, because I am really getting sick and tired of your granny farts bringing me down and quite frankly I don't have time nor the patience for a jacka$$ like you anymore, or your sandpaper brain, from which a match I will ignite, I will forget. Got it you prick who has no genuine friends or loved ones and rightly so?
primeministerJoshua812
No, It's because of nonsense. You are so arrogant. What is your educated background?