FanboyMctroll
omar2345

Gamers who squiz up clues on queue are cheaters!

Started: 11/8/2018 Category: Games

FanboyMctroll

Pro

Video gamers who squiz up clues on-line are bloody wankers and wallies.

Why waste 50 quid on a video game, When a walkthrough, Bloody doesn't cost yer nothing, If you are going to just cheat and look up clues anyways.

Just get yer self a walkthrough, Read it all and save yer self wedge.

Bloody bullocks
omar2345

Con

Guessing people find hints online for a quest. Some quests can be difficult to complete or does not provide enough information to get it done yourself. Maybe the directions are bad or it is a treasure hunt that requires a long time to find clues instead I would rather find where the treasure is rather then spend my time finding rocks that look different.

There is a difference between watching a video game and playing it. By playing it yourself you can decide how long or quick you want to aknowledge what is going on. If you watch a walkthrough most likely they will gloss over items that you may find interesting.

The feeling of doing something yourself is better then finding a walkthrough to help you.
FanboyMctroll

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate, So let's continue

A true gamer doesn't need their hand held, They can figure out difficult quests on their own, After all it is supposed to be a bloody challenge not a mosey in the park. After all the developers put these bloody challenges in the game to extend your playing time not for you to speed scapa through it. Looking up clues is cheating.

Spending 50 quid on a game should be reason enough not to cheat on games. By looking up things you are being a wanker who says that he will rather cheat than figure out the solutions on yer own, And this brings me to your final point, Doing things yer self is way better than having a walkthrough, So why bother looking up walkthroughs in the first place and cheating if you could solve it yer self?

The gamer who looks up clues because they are impatient and have their knickers in a bunch or have ADHD and can't invest an extra hour to figure it out on yer own is a bloody cheater and a wally!
omar2345

Con

Thank you for having me

true gamer doesn't need their hand held
For me I am okay with anyone saying there are a true game but I would like examples so that I have something to work with. If you play Candy crush and think you are a true gamer then I find you are lacking what I think is a true gamer. A true gamer for me would be playing video games on the PC since it is the best platform to play it on. It is okay to play on console but I have more respect for people who built there own PC and who made an informed choice when buying game. Instead of going through console stores a PC gamer has Steam, GOG the Humble Bundle etc. This provides me an idea that the person is willing to take time to find a game that they prefer instead of playing the next Call of Duty. It is not wrong to play the new Call of Duty but I think you didn't think a whole when deciding to play it or not.

Hand held would be for me when the game is really easy and does everything for you. Most likely the game also does not give you a consequence of dying instead of restart at the last checkpoint. Games that change that would be Dark Souls. You die you lose all your souls. Most games make it too easy to finish and give the player no sense of reward if everything is right in front of you instead of the player searching for it. Again using Call of Duty which release campaigns that are boring and not difficult until you try the hardest difficult that makes it unfair instead of challenging.

bloody challenge
For me personally if I cannot work out how to complete the quest in 30 minutes then I decide to look it up. The reason is I am frustrated at what I am missing. Instead of getting more annoyed I rather have some relief in what to actually do. Sometimes it was obvious and sometimes it would take me way too long to figure out what rock I need to find in search for treasure. It depends on the player. I don't find it bad to look stuff up if I cannot figure it out myself. It is what most people do when they have a problem generally they ask for external help instead of hitting your head at a wall hoping for it to break.

Spending 50 quid on a game should be reason enough not to cheat on games.
For you it might be worth it to search 2 hours for treasure using a treasure but for me it is not. I paid 50 quid to enjoy the game not waste my time getting annoyed at treasure I cannot find because it wants me to find a rock.

rather cheat than figure out the solutions on yer own
If the solution takes too long to figure out then I rather cheat and get done with it and enjoy the things that I do like.

if you could solve it yer self
It is the time. I don't want to spend time annoyed about treasure that I cannot find. I rather have so that I can enjoy instead of remembering that I spent 2 hours on trying to find it. If I liked the game a lot and it does not become tedious then I would not look up answers instead I find it out myself. I just do it for games that I thought were good that ended up being boring or quests like find the treasure do not interest me in the slightest if it takes me way too long to find it.

For me it is about enjoying the parts that I liked the most instead of spending that time on something that is boring. Another hour trying to find something is too tedious and I get too impatient and tend to lose interest if it expects me to search an entire open world in search for one rock. It is Read Dead Redemption 1 the game that I was talking about. The map is huge and I would rather hunt animals or complete side quests then search for something that has the chances of finding a needle in a haystack.

FanboyMctroll

Pro

FanboyMctroll forfeited this round.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
I'd suppose that technically they are a cheater regardless of reasons, Not that there is anything wrong with looking up a walkthrough, Cheats, And such. Sure you can watch a guy play basketball but unless you're dribbling or shooting the ball yourself, Just isn't the same. Same as walkthrough.