Hmate1331
morwinny

Ghosts are not real

Hmate1331

Pro

When we are younger we are more prone to seeing "ghosts". Our brains are not yet fully developed at such young ages therefore we can not tell the difference between our imagination and real life. Anyone who claims to of seen a ghost or heard one could have a chemical imbalance in their brain causing these things or if they took/are taking drugs that can cause the brain to develop much slower than others causing these apparitions.
morwinny

Con

How can you say for certain they do not exist? It is certainly possible that chemical imbalance, Overactive imagination and drugs could cause people to see things that aren't really there, But there is no way to say for sure, And this does not exclude the possibility that ghosts could exist anyway.

I think that there is insufficient evidence for their existence or non-existence, Thus to say that they are not real is jumping the gun.
Hmate1331

Pro

Hmate1331 forfeited this round.
morwinny

Con

Well gee thanks for the debate
Hmate1331

Pro

Hmate1331 forfeited this round.
morwinny

Con

morwinny forfeited this round.
Hmate1331

Pro

Hmate1331 forfeited this round.
morwinny

Con

morwinny forfeited this round.
Hmate1331

Pro

Hmate1331 forfeited this round.
morwinny

Con

morwinny forfeited this round.
Posted by morwinny 3 years ago
morwinny
Who said anything about consciousness? Even then the evidence is weak, And unfalsifiability doesn't imply non existence.
Posted by WhoPutYouOnThePlanet 3 years ago
WhoPutYouOnThePlanet
I don't need evidence because i never made a positive claim, Saying you can't prove it doesn't exist apply to pretty much anything you want because negatives are untestable and thereby unfalsifiable.

Your stance on this being an equally valid 50/50 issue however is evidently wrong, Although you could repeat your negative, That wouldn't change the fact that all evidence for consciousness requires it to have a physical medium "like a brain" and never once have we observed it beyond this, Furthermore we have no evidence that souls and ghosts whatever they may be ever existed in the first place.

In other words following the evidence leads simply to that they don't exist, Inserting your negative does nothing here, It would be like me saying you can't be 100% sure that you even exist in the first place and then treating that like a legitimate claim.
Posted by morwinny 3 years ago
morwinny
So what evidence is there that rules out the possibility of ghosts existing? Absence of evidence is not evidence of abscence as they say, I doubt anyone can make a convincing argument that shows they do not or indeed do exist.
WhoPutYouOnThePlanet
That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

"How can you say for certain they do not exist? " having to prove a negative is not an argument.
Posted by Block.19 3 years ago
Block.19
It is very strange, I have had a handful of very strange encounters in my life that make question what is real. I really experienced what people would consider "paranormal", However i feel like these experiences could have been tricks that my mind was playing on me that i simply do not understand. I have no proof for these events other than my own testimony, Which is also why i am very skeptical and do not believe other peoples testimonies.