Amphia
Anonymous

Give the unicorn to science

Anonymous has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Amphia

Con

Continuation of a previous debate. Post round 3 arguments and then we'll post new args from there.

1. My opponent claims that: "biology and medical sciences have developed methods of examination that have been proven to cause no pain or harm, such as electromagnetic radiation, blood tests..." I assume my opponent was stating that unicorns could be examined using X-rays (a type of electromagnetic radiation but correct me if I am wrong) and blood tests. X-rays would not be sufficient in understand the unicorn's properties other than figuring out its internal features. And blood tests, are invasive and require opening up skin to extract blood. Scientists are likely to take many samples from the creature which could deteriorate its nutrient/blood supply. Also, since little is known about the unicorn, scientist might not know of the proper ways to handle it, feed it, etc. The unicorn could die! Regarding cloning, I concede.

2. My opponent mentions that if humanity can control itself, then teleportation will not pose a threat. I find this to be somewhat naive, if not willfully blind. Empirically, humanity has been known to use new technology to harm others. In WWII, we saw the development of atomic bombing that was used to decimate Hiroshima and subsequently Nagasaki, injuring and killing millions of adults AND children. I would not argue that preventing humans from destroying one another with new technology is pathetic, rather we are attempting to extend the existence of the human race.

3. One must remember that the blood of the unicorn's healing properties are only rumors. What if we were to discover that it didn"t cure cancer after all?! But even if it did, the costs far outweigh the benefits. If we were to find the cure to cancer, it is likely that we would have also found out how to teleport. Wars would occur using teleportation which could have disastrous effects. Imagine if a country like North Korea got a hold of teleportation? Imagine what they would do? Or Russia? Countries with a thirst for revenge would start WWIII!

Sometimes, we need to let things go.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
*in case...
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I will contact Airmax and save my arguments in notepad, on case you would like to keep the debate going.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
DeletedUser
The system will not let me reply due to an apparent error.