Rayday
Youraverageunicorn

Global Warming Is Fake

Youraverageunicorn
Started: 8/23/2018 Category: Economics

Rayday

Pro

Global warming is a lie. We have been decived into donating millions of dollars to the governments for purposes unknown. Do you believe banks and insurance companies will give it million dollar loans for 40 years if in the next 20 years most places will be flooded? If you can counter my statements please do so.
Youraverageunicorn

Con

I"m not sure if this is a troll or not but regardless I will respond.

There are many reasons and warrants as to why global warming exists and why it happens. There aren't any actual facts as to why global warming is fake. Only the claim that it has not happened yet. Well even I can counter that. Global warming IS in fact happening right now. My opponent claims it"s not a serious problem yet. Global warming has already happened because of droughts, And deforestation. Temperatures have risen and because of this, Oceans expand and flood. Also, Ice caps will melt which will transmit diseases that have previously been frozen over. The environment is getting worse and not can, WILL have serious impacts in the future.
Rayday

Pro

Global warming is happening but not because of C02. It is a cycle of nature. There were 5 times where the earth froze over and got hot enough to melt and froze up again. The temratures are rising but not to a point where we all need to do something. The real problem is deforestation but that's another story.
Youraverageunicorn

Con

Pro just stated that global warming is happening, Pro conceded my arguments and therefore con wins
Rayday

Pro

Yes but people believe global warming is a cause of C02 I deny that.
Youraverageunicorn

Con

Con automatically wins because pro is being untopical. I would answer to the claim that global warming isn"t happening because C02 but I would be wasting my time because pro already said global warming is happening and the debate here is that: global warming is fake. Therefore, Con automatically wins.
Posted by SapphireDimnd 3 years ago
SapphireDimnd
"Global warming is fake" I have a completely different opinion on that.
You said "It is a cycle of nature". I'm sorry but I think you're wrong, I don't think that cycle of nature includes glaciers melting (or at least in the amounts that we have today), Species going extinct, Death of cloud forests or other habitats. As Youaverageunicorn said "Global warming IS in fact happening right now. "
You should research more about global warming, There is a lot of proof, For example, Ocean acidification, Warming oceans, Rising sea level"
About CO2: It's clear that humans are responsible. Deforestation is the same story, It is caused by humans; indiscriminate hunting is only humans. We are destroying our planet.
Finally, What about that "Global warming is happening"? Check your argument on Round 2. Because we are debating about if Global warming is fake, Not about if CO2 is the reason of global warming. And also because you are contradicting yourself.
Posted by hi234 3 years ago
hi234
Pro literally admitted that global warming exists in the second round.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
RaydayYouraverageunicornTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.