BiggsBoonj
ToasterMinistry

God Doesn't Exist

ToasterMinistry

BiggsBoonj

Pro

The Christian God doesn't exist. There is absolutely no evidence of God's existance except for the Bible, Which isn't enough to prove God's existance. The Bible claims that God is omnipotent, Omniscient, And omnibelevolent. If God is omnipotent, Could he create a stone that he couldn't lift? If God is omniscient, Why do we have to pray to him? If God is omnibelevolent and omnipotent, Why do wars and diseases exist? The Bible is full of inconsistencies and the existance of God is illogical.
ToasterMinistry

Con

Right, Lets start with the first thing in human history that we know of: the big bang. Now, Most theorize that before the Big Bang, There was nothing. So how does nothing turn into something? Seriously. If there is nothing, No particles or atoms or forces to move anything around, How does something so big and spectacular happen out of seemingly nowhere? Also, When the big bang occurred, Only a handful of elements(Hydrogen, Helium, And Lithium) that are merely energy and matter. So how does matter and energy turn into living life forms like us humans today? If you are so good at science, Explain that. Yes, I agree that we have made thousands of technological advancements, From manipulating DNA to fingerprints. However, We literally have no idea how to create life! We were no closer to creating life than we were a thousand years ago, Which suggests that God probably exists, As he may not want us to create life forms that he does not see fit for living in the universe. Even Charles Darwin, The guy who explained how humans evolved could not explain how evolution began. Which, In the end, Is the core question.

My second point concerns the four fundamental forces in the universe; Gravity, Electromagnetism, And the strong and weak nuclear forces. All these forces and values were determined 1 000 000th of a second after the big bang. If you change any of these forces ever so slightly, And the universe as we know it will cease to exist. This means that if you take everything into consideration, The odds of anything existing would be so small that it is equivalent to flipping a coin and expecting it to land "heads" 10 quintillion times in a row. This really suggests that there is a God out there to make the Universe.

You said that there are diseases and wars and such, But take into consideration that literally every single British and American troop in WW2 was Christian. This also meant that if they fell in battle, Than they would go to Heaven. Either way, They serve a good cause and get something good out of it.

You also said that God is omnipotent, So why do we do things(like prayers) for him? Well, The short answer is that We really don't understand him. If he does have infinite power, He probably also has different ways of thinking than us. Just because your pitiful little mind can't think of what God thinks doesn't mean you just screw it and assume he doesn't exist. Maybe he wants us to control our own fate, Maybe he doesn't. But the further you go into Science, The more evidence there is that points to God's existence. The Bible is also not full of inconsistencies. Give me one example, Just one example, To point to where in the book defies what was said or done before.
BiggsBoonj

Pro

Ok, Let's start with your arguments and then I will point out the bible's inconsistincies. Also, It's not good to call your opponent's brain 'pitiful' as you are commiting the ad hominem logical fallacy.

This debate isn't about the Big Bang, But let's discuss it anyway. Yes, The chance of life existing is very small. But that doesn't prove the existance of a deity. The elements you mentioned can, You know. . . Combine and create different molecules? That's like saying "how did that cake appear from only dough and sugar? ". The elements combined and created molecules, Which created even larger things and eventually life appeared. Discussing the Big Bang would be impossible in 10, 000 characters so here is a more detailed explanation: https://www. Livescience. Com/1804-greatest-mysteries-life-arise-earth. Html

WIth your second argument, You are wrong. We do know how to create life. In fact, We even know how to clone animals! Have you heard of Dolly the Sheep? But even if we couldn't create life, That doesn't prove how God exists. Humans didn't have to create life, It was created by evolution and chance. So the argument that "humans can't create life" is not only wrong but wouldn't prove anything if it were true. You are right, The four elemental forces are indeed gravity, Electromagnetism, Strong nuclear, And weak nuclear. And yes, The chances of them combining and creating matter at the right moment are very low (but still possible). However, That doesn't prove the existance of a God. Something very unlikely happening isn't proof. I don't know where you got the 10 quintillion number, Because the chance in reality is much higher.

But your third argument about WW2 is just insanely wrong and moronic. You are suggesting that it was OK for millions of soldiers to die as they would go to Heaven? That it's perfectly fine for people to die of cancer as a small amount of them won't go to Hell? You didn't answer the question: if God is omnipotent and omnibelevolent, As the Bible says, Why would he let Christians die in battle? Why would he let such battles happen in the first place, If he is omnipotent? Claiming that it was all fine as some troops would go to Heaven is the worst argument for the existance of God I've ever heard. EVER.

If my "pitiful mind" can't understand God, Why can yours? How do you know that your God is good? How do you know he even exists, And that he's not a huge flying dog who eats planets? Saying "we don't know enough about God" is not an argument. Saying that we don't have enough evidence isn't itself an argument. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, But absence of evidence is not evidence of existance either. Shrugging off all the logical fallacies in your argument with "we're stupid" is moronic, Unscientific, And idiotic.

Now to the Bible's inconsistencies. The Bible says that God is omnipotent. Then, Let me ask you, Could God create a rock which nobody could lift? Then, Could God lift that rock? If he can't create such a rock, He isn't omnipotent. If he can't lift such a rock, He isn't omnipotent either. So there's one illogical inconsistency in the Bible for you: God's omnipotence.
Another inconsistency is literally on the front page of the Bible (https://www. Bartleby. Com/108/01/1. Html). God says "let there be light" and light appears. But God hasn't created stars or anything that makes light yet! How could God create light without creating a lightsource? This defies physics and basic common sense.
There are plenty more, But you only asked for one (I gave you two as a bonus).
Now let's get to the Bible's kind-of-inconsistencies. They don't defy the Bible itself, But they defy reality. For example, The Bible claims that the Great Flood took place. Creation took place around 4000 BCE and the flood came in around 2300 BCE, According to most bible scholars. The Bible claims that the Great Flood exterminated all beings except for Noah, Noah's family, And the animals on his ark. Then why didn't entire civilizations suddenly dissapear? Why are we finding ancient Egyptian artifacts from before and after the Great Flood took place? And why are both Egypts so culturally and architecturally similar? Why is there no geographic or fossil evidence whatsoever of a worldwide flood that happened 4000 years ago? How did Noah fit millions of species into a boat which THE BIBLE SAYS ITSELF is smaller that Titanic? Where did Noah store tons of food for 40 days? Nonsense. The Bible is unscientific nonsense. The Bible claims that the world is less than 10 thousand years old, But we find fossils dated millions of years.
The entire Bible is one huge inconsistency, Built upon a mountain of lies and miscalculations. If the Bible doesn't even follow basic physics, How can we trust it to be genuine?
ToasterMinistry

Con

Oh shoot I've been gnomed I dunno Im just fighting for my mom cause shes Christian and I got nothing to do. Im an atheist so I guess you just convinced me to stay as one woohoo! Anyways Im just trying to get my debate skills better and decided to try this for the first time guess theres smart people out there. Well I guess this site is a good one I'll improve my debate skills yay! Anyways, You win because I can't think of any more dumb arguments. . . .
BiggsBoonj

Pro

What? Then why did you debate with me if you are an atheist?
ToasterMinistry

Con

Well my mom is Christian, And I know a bit about God and everything myself, So I guess this was an opportunity for me to not only try to improve with my debate(I'm relatively new to this lol)but to basically give myself a challenge that I knew I would have probably lost but still did it anyways because hey, Practice makes perfect. Anyways can you give me a few tips XD.
BiggsBoonj

Pro

Well an important tip is to never argue against something you agree with or for something you disagree with. If you don't believe that God exists, Don't argue that he exists. If you can't even convince yourself that he exists, How can you convince others?
ToasterMinistry

Con

kk thanks amigo ill take ur word
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
It's also logically impossible for tiny particles that make up everything to operate on different universal laws than the things they make up, Yet quantum particles persist in existing.
Posted by BiggsBoonj 3 years ago
BiggsBoonj
@K_Michael_Tolman It's not about "I've never seen God, So he doesn't exist". It's about "God is illogical, So he doesn't exist". Its not that I never saw an omnipotent force/being, It's that such a force is logically impossible.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
1. Just because you haven't seen an omnipotent force or being, Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

2. The Abrahamic God, As I said is more broad. Rather than "The Christian God" specified in the beginning sentence of your debate, In delineates the beliefs commonly held amongst Jews, Christians, And Islamic people.

3. If that was a term, It would be omnibeNevolent, Not omnibeLevolent. There is a thing called professionality and spell-check, You know.
Posted by BiggsBoonj 3 years ago
BiggsBoonj
@K_Michael_Tolman

1. Omnipotence isn't inconceivable, It is logically impossible as I have proven. "It's not impossible, It's just inconceivable" is a stupid argument. You have to actually prove that omipotence is possible.

2. I don't "insist" on attacking any god in particular. Don't push your agenda that I hate Christianity. The Abrahamic God is one god, You are just arguing semantics.

3. Omnibelevolent means all-good. There is a thing called a dictionary, You know.
Posted by BiggsBoonj 3 years ago
BiggsBoonj
@backwardseden Sure, Good luck to you too.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@BiggsBoonj - I'm hardly "fighting". However I do speak another language than you since there is such a large age difference between you and I and your opponent. But I also get it that you are unwilling to conclude the debate that you accepted between you and I. So peace. Please tc and haveth thee fun. And my slogan is, Is "Do everything I wouldn't do. "
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
And what is "omnibelevolent" supposed to mean?
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Why do you insist on attacking the Christian God in particular? You could be much broader and say the God of Abraham.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Omnipotence isn't impossible, Only inconceivable.
Posted by BiggsBoonj 3 years ago
BiggsBoonj
@backwardseden please make your own debate, Don't fight in the comments of my debate
Vote Placed by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
BiggsBoonjToasterMinistryTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a claim that God doesn?t exist so they actually have the burden of proof. Pro did not prove God doesn?t exist.