Anonymous
DrAnomaly

God Exists

Anonymous has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Con

God does not exists. Change my mind.
DrAnomaly

Pro

Prove it? You claim God does not exist, but how do you know? Also, what is God? Well, anyway. I'll start with an easy argument first.

P1. God is the greatest being that can be conceived; that being an entity of which no greater one can be conceived
P2. If God does not exist, then a greater being can be conceived, that being one that exists.
C . Therefor, God exists.

Con

God does not exist because we can't prove his existence with scientific measures. See/Hear/Smell.etc.etc
I apologize for not specifying that i'm referring to Christian God. Your premise is flawed because you can't prove that God is the greatest being that can be conceived.
DrAnomaly

Pro

"God does not exist because we can't prove his existence with scientific measures." - How do you know this? This is a classic example of an argument from ignorance fallacy. You've presumed that because a proposition hasn't been proven true, that is must be false. Also, God is by definition the greatest being that be conceived as he is omni-everything. You should've mentioned that you were referring to the Christian God in the beginning.

Con

Wow. You changed my mind. I'm gonna be a good christian from now on because I can't prove God doesn't exists. Congratz man you won.
DrAnomaly

Pro

I'm an atheist homie. I'm just pointing out your absolute sophistry, and inability to refute even the simplest arguments for God's existence. Don't get angry because you're losing a debate.
Posted by rocinante 3 years ago
rocinante
xvasjack: Dr. Anomoly is positing an ontological argument, search Anselm. I personally prefer not to engage in ontological argumentation because it WILL get you tangled in the weeds. Don't give up, I look forward to your response!