Mingodalia
Alphajm

God/Jesus in Bible is Conservative, not Liberal

Alphajm has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Mingodalia

Pro

I will take the position that God/Jesus, as depicted in the Bible, is Conservative rather than Liberal.
Alphajm

Con

although Jesus stance on many things would today be viewed as conservative, for the time period and setting, Jesus" actions were very liberal. He performed miracles on the Sabbath (Matthew 8:14-15). He communicated with those outside of Judaism (John 4:5-26), and he was against the persecution of an adulterous woman (John 8:7).
Mingodalia

Pro

-REBUTTALS-
-----
CON SAYS:
"although Jesus stance on many things would today be viewed as conservative, for the time period and setting, Jesus' actions were very liberal."

1)There was no "liberal" political ideology in Jesus' day.

2)Con admits that Jesus was Conservative by "today's standards".

CON SAYS:
"He performed miracles on the Sabbath (Matthew 8:14-15)."

Liberals don't ever perform miracles. Performing miracles has nothing to do with liberalism. Even Conservatives work and do things on the Sabbath.
-----
CON SAYS:
"He communicated with those outside of Judaism (John 4:5-26)"

So do Conservatives. Communicating with people outside the tribe isn't "liberal". It's human. Everyone does it.
The term "to the Jew first" is used like a drumbeat throughout the Bible.

-----
CON SAYS:
"and he was against the persecution of an adulterous woman (John 8:7)."

We just watched the full onslaught by Liberal media outlets condemning Donald Trump's sex life. In the Trumpian era, forgiving alleged adultery looks to be a more conservative position.

onenewsnow.com/media/2018/03/07/networks-eat-up-airtime-on-trump-scandals

-----

INTOLERANCES:

The central theme of Liberalism is "tolerance".

Jesus-
"Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols."

"And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands."

"Some worthless men have gone out from among you and have seduced the inhabitants of their city, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods'." (Deuteronomy 13:13)

NO PROMOTION OF LIBERAL SAFE SPACES-

"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline."

PROMOTES CORPORAL PUNISHMENT-

"Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them."

FAR LEFT LIBERALISM THAT PROMOTES DESTROYING AMERICA AND STARTING OVER-

"The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."

DOESN'T BLINDLY REWARD PEOPLE SIMPLY FOR BEING POOR OR REPREMEND WEALTH SIMPLY FOR BEING WEALTH-

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty."

DOESN'T PROMOTE ENVYING WHAT OTHERS HAVE (The core theme of the pro Socialism debate from the left)-

"A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."

PROMOTES NOT KEEPING COMPANY WITH MILITANT ATHEISTS OR UNBELIEVERS-

"Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers."

"Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?"
(2 Corinthians 6:14)

PROMOTES BUILDING A WALL-

"And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none."

PROMOTES ONLY ONE SINGLE WAY TO HEAVEN-

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

ANTI THE "RESIST" MOVEMENT. PRO LAW-

"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it."

"Jesus said to them, 'Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.'"

"Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

ANTI LAWLESSNESS-

"The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness." (Matthew 13:41)

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. "So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."

(Matthew 23:27-28)

HEADLINES

"Liberal's Romance with Lawlessness"

"Sanctuary cities represent the worst kind of Liberal lawlessness"

CONSIDERS HOMOSEXUALITY A SIN-

"Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

"Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones; in the same way, men committed shameful acts with other men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error." (Romans 1:26-27)

-----

PROBABLY ISN'T A BIG FAN OF LIBERALS GETTING RID OF THE 10 COMMANDMENTS, TAKING PRAYER OUT OF SCHOOLS, OR TAKING "UNDER GOD" OUT OF THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE-

"It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"

HEADLINE-
"Hillary Clinton laughs as woman removes ‘under God’ from Pledge of Allegiance"

"Prayer in Schools"

ENEMY OF GOD-

"You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God."

Liberal "Coexist" sign-

Jesus-
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--

Jesus-
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."

JESUS WAS ANYTHING BUT POLITICALLY CORRECT-

Matthew 15:26
John 8:44

Posted by Mingodalia 3 years ago
Mingodalia
It's interesting when atheist libs accuse God of being like they are towards Conservatives...
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Or was he deep down a ... Facist ?...Mein Fuhrer.