FanboyMctroll
timmyjames

God and Santa are cousins

FanboyMctroll

Pro

God and Santa are cousins. They both are invisible, Yet people talk to them. They both come to your home, One to drop off presents the other to enlighten you.

They both bring you joy, They both expect you to be good, Otherwise one will bring you a lump of coal, While the other one will expect a confession, And I think they are both old white men.

And if you are an adult and still believe in both, You have issues. Get some help.
timmyjames

Con

https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=51rR4aC9aMg
Maybe it is the atheists with the insane idea
FanboyMctroll

Pro

Why is it when there is a tragedy the perpetrator always seems to be spewing some religious connotation while it's happening or right after. Like the serial killer who is spewing something from the bible like John 3:16 or psalm 21 from Peter or some Islamic yell during a terrorist attack. If you are really religious does that mean you are really crazy? Like the very strict priest who beats his kids with a belt or broom because they have sinned and said the lords name in vain or swore. It seems to me the more religious the person the more off the wall and crazy they seem.

People who believe in nothing and make up things like Gods, Have coping issues.

In the old days you would see that crazy lunatic with the tin foil hat on the corner of the street with his Jesus Saves sign and you would just say, That guy is crazy, Lets just not make eye contact and avoid that corner of the street. But today those same nuts are all on the Internet, Spewing their crazy babble on here

#Issues
timmyjames

Con

timmyjames forfeited this round.
FanboyMctroll

Pro

FanboyMctroll forfeited this round.
timmyjames

Con

timmyjames forfeited this round.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
He doesn't die, But everything in the universe has a life cycle, Including the Universe, Black holes, The Sun, And everything in nature has a life span, But God doesn't?

Sound like God is FAKE NEWS
Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
God doesn't die
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
I just have one question, Who will take over for Santa when he dies? In fact who will take over for God when he dies? Things to ponder
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Debate biblical morality or the lack of it. Just the story of Adam and Eve has many contradictory examples of morality. Who was the talking snake?
Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=IVxSca_1Fmk
Matt Dillahunty's argument here is self-refuting
Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
Again, You've thrown a lot at me and the only place I can address this properly is in a debate. If you choose to sent me a debate challenge, Let's start with debating whether or not God is real.

"Why am I a Christian? " Because I believe that Jesus is who he said he was. He claimed to be the son of God and he proved it by rising from the grave.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
upon dead languages upon dead languages with a 0% chance to trace it back to the original does for you. So NOBODY, Not one person is interpreting correctly.
I'd love to be on missmedic's side and I'd love to have all the hope in the world whether it be for christian, Jew, Muslim, Black, White, Indian, Mexican, Italian, Or whoever. But here's the facts of things in which there's no getting around it. . . "You"ve got 3 religions of peace all worshiping the same god of love and forgiveness, And yet they"ve been at war, Continuously, Ever since their inceptions. " Aron Ra and wow is he ever right. I DO NOT believe in war, Hate, Evil, Anger, Wrath, Vengeance, Rage, Fury, Jealousy etc etc etc but your unproved god does. So AGAIN, "why believe"?
Another thing. . . Everybody, No exceptions, None, We are all born as atheists. You have to be taught/ indoctrinated into a specific religion. So who indoctrinated you? And why are you so addicted to your religion? Its like a junkie who requires his fix of heroin and meth?
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@timmyjames - Sorry. Atheists are BY FAR happier than those who are christians. But you cannot possibly know that because you know of no other way. And like I said, Google it in which you clearly without question have not done. We as atheists don't have to fear hell, Your 10 commandments, Your horrific god and all of his genocides and the absolute fact that he truly hates children of all things, That your god has killed babies, Children and pregnant women, Your satan. We have free will. You don't if you believe in your god. We don't believe that suffering through horrific pain and torturing is a "good" thing. What kind of idiot supreme deity would think up something so ignorant? I don't know if I've asked you this but I probably have. . . What can children possibly learn from suffering? If you've answered "nothing" then you've answered correctly. Your messiah, In which you cannot even prove has ever existed, Had it super easy by being merely tortured for 17 hours tops at best. There are millions that according to your religion, Your god knowingly creates every single year to suffer horrifically sometimes for decades. This is the so-called "eternal life" that you want to look forward to? I get it also, So why not commit suicide since you and your christian fellowship look so so so forward to death? And you STILL cannot even prove your god exists. So how can you prove your heaven exists? Yeah you can't can you. And---I---would---hope---not. Been there tried it.
Atheism and atheists are each and everybody is different. There are no guidelines, No book of divinity to tell every atheist what to think and how to behave. Each atheist is different, Their own thinking, Rational, Reasoning, Common sense, Logical (for the most part) person. Whereas with christianity there's that big black bible belt bruise. And guess what? Where there should be consensus, There's none. That's what copies upon copies upon copies upon translations upon translations
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
I won't speak for other people only myself, But I prefer to put hope in people, Because people change the world and their real and I can see and talk to them everyday and so can all people even Christian.
Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
Those are all very good points. Look, I understand where you are coming from, But it would be hard for me to communicate why I disagree here, But whenever your ready, We can have a debate. I will say this however.

Christians are much happier people than atheists because we can put our hope in eternal life, Atheists can't.