omar2345
Berethekid

God cannot be morally good while giving humans free will

omar2345

Pro

I am going by the basis that God does exist. I want the other side to show me how God is morally good while also giving us free will. There are inconsistencies with free will that I can mention but I did think about that it but I will narrow it down to morals to keep it simple. Wanting someone who believes God is morally good not someone who is playing devil's advocate. Arguments starts the round you start.

God: the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

I'll leave the definition of morally good to Against since it will give them more room to give counter arguments and starting arguments.

Premise:

1. By God giving free will to humans It has given the power to humans to do wrong.

2. For God to be morally good It must do what is right.

3. By God giving free will to humans It is not morally good.

May both of us learn something new.
Berethekid

Con

I accept your opinion and I am ready to start. My definition of morally good is:" It is good in God's eyes" Any time I talk from the Word of God, I am speaking from the New International Version (NIV)
Also, Is the definition of "right" as you said in #2, Same as morally good? Just for clarification.

First let's think "why", Why did God give us free will? Well, To go back to Genesis 2:9 The Bible states In "In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. " Adam and Eve didn't have the knowledge of evil. . . Yet. He gave us free will but not to have the will to do bad, Since Adam and Eve didn't know what "evil" is. Therefore God didn't enable us to do bad. Adam and Eve did that us.

By giving us the free will, We are in charge of what we want to do. We decide to go do something that is morally good, We will be punished in the end. And if someone dies because of what we have done, That means God has allowed that to happen, If he thinks that them dying is morally good for God. Besides, The person who died? If they were innocent or was good then they will live a happier life up in the heavens.

The "Why" paragraph is just background knowledge and you can use that to help rebuttal me.
I want to see what you have come up with against this and again, I wish you luck.
omar2345

Pro

It is good in God's eyes
Can you be more clear what you meant? Definitions do matters and I do not want to talk past you instead directly at the argument.

Also, Is the definition of "right" as you said in #2, Same as morally good?
Yes

He gave us free will but not to have the will to do bad, Since Adam and Eve didn't know what "evil" is. Therefore God didn't enable us to do bad. Adam and Eve did that us.
Then that is not free will. Adam and Eve were capable of doing the wrong thing. Either you are free to do whatever you want or you do not have free will. Since God is all knowing he knew with Eve's free will she will eat from the apple. I am disregarding the point that the free will is restricted to only good things. To me either God is not all knowing or God knowingly allowed Adam and Eve to commit a wrong act.

Berethekid

Con

Berethekid forfeited this round.
omar2345

Pro

Going to re upload it after this is complete so that I can complete this topic.
Berethekid

Con

Berethekid forfeited this round.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Anyone can test it. . Ask one finger, (on your left hand first). . Then ask some bird.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
"God cannot be morally good while giving humans free will. "
If you have free will. . You have no god.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
I am going to have to reply tomorrow because sleep.
You can still post your argument but do not expect a response any time soon.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
No you can't. Every so often copy your work.
Posted by Berethekid 3 years ago
Berethekid
Ughhh, I had a good doc and when I pressed review it deleted it. The whole thing, Is there a way to reverse this? Or is it gone forever?
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
On top of the text box. There is blue writing. Click that some options should show if you click rich text or what ever the blue writing says.
Posted by Berethekid 3 years ago
Berethekid
I'm so sorry, But how do you bold words, Just want to address the problems you have just like you did with me. Thank you!
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Found the problem out.

I had to wait until the other side composes an argument.
Posted by Berethekid 3 years ago
Berethekid
K, Also good luck!
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
I meant not not now.

Error on my part.