32doni32nido32
MarkK.1068

God cannot be proven with science

32doni32nido32 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

32doni32nido32

Pro

The first round will be why you think God CAN be proven by science. Please list any sources you may have used.
MarkK.1068

Con

I can't prove God's existence by science. But if you'll allow me to try by progressive reasoning I'll give it a shot.
32doni32nido32

Pro

The point of this debate is the title: "God cannot be proven with science". Go ahead and give progressive reasoning but that wasn't quite what I was looking for. I'll still be willing to listen.
MarkK.1068

Con

You're right. I've set my own parameters up here when I shouldn't have. I'm going to drop out of this for now so that hopefully somebody else can jump in or you can possibly post your argument. I do apologize for having done what I did. However, if you want to have this debate and another time I'll be happy to do so. Again my apologies. Also, please forgive my grammar. as I'm driving and doing this by voice text so things aren't going to read proper.
Posted by Fiasco 3 years ago
Fiasco
@missmedic

I couldn't comment on your profile, I think you may have it set so that only your friends may comment? So I sent you a request, maybe we can chat via messages if you like. I'd love to talk these things over with you!
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
I do not fear harsh words or criticism, as my message board is always open, please feel free to comment.
Posted by Fiasco 3 years ago
Fiasco
@missmedic:

Would you like me to answer everything here? If so, I will, but I'll wait for the go-ahead. I'd be just as happy to do it elsewhere if you think it would be better. I'm looking forward to discussing these things with you, you seem to think things out very reasonably! :)
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Fiasco
The Christian god fails at the most basic fundamental level, by saying belief is a choice when it is not.
God claims humility but is egotistical as proven by the first four commandments which have nothing to do with morality and everything to do with god's ego. Getting people accustomed to following divine commands regardless of their consequences or reasonableness " and always thinking that this is "moral" " is a wonderful means for priming people to follow the commands of any other leader as well" especially one that purports to speak on behalf of or in defense of traditional religion. Morality comes from making choices, not from following commands. We don't base morality on revelation from authority, that would render us merely obedient.
God makes decisions in anger and has regrets, God regrets his first creations and in anger he drowns them all, sounds likes god made a mistake. God makes mistakes and contradict himself.
God says do not kill, then asks us to kill. God says love each other, but then asks us to hate.
Eternity is not a reward, given eternity all that can be done will be done, then what. I'm realizing that everything I've ever written about religion's harm boils down to one thing.
It's this:
Religion is ultimately dependent on belief in invisible beings, inaudible voices, intangible entities, undetectable forces, and events and judgments that happen after we die.
It therefore has no reality check.
If any god is real, what does god do?
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
@Just-Call-Me-PK
I never said he had to be proven with science. Many people are saying he can while I'm saying otherwise.

@stuhard
I also never said science can disprove the existence of God.
Posted by stuhard 3 years ago
stuhard
"God cannot be proven with science"

Science can't explain everything yet. So I disagree. And how does science prove that God doesn't exist? We don't even know what was there before the universe created.
Posted by Fiasco 3 years ago
Fiasco
@missmedic:

Funny thing - the more I know, the more I believe, go figure! So I'm curious, when you said "the Christian god has to many descriptive failings, contradictions and limiting attributes to be a real god", what were you referring to? I'd love to hear your side of the story, although I don't want to clog up this comment section with it, do you think we'd better take our conversation elsewhere? Via messages maybe? Or should we chat here...I'm fairly new to this website and I'm not sure what the best thing would be! :)
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
Pro can you explain why God must be proven by science? What evidence shows that a creator must be proven by a method that is used to help understand the natural world? God is a philosophical question.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
I was not talking about the one and only shared objective reality, I was talking about our perception of that reality, what we perceive to be real to us. As a human with only our senesces to perceive reality we must believe what we perceive to be real, is real, until convinced otherwise. And many people worldwide perceive their god to be real, and all they need is belief, so save your proof it is not convincing, they have belief. Humans have invented thousands of gods over thousands of years and all have become myth when belief in them stopped, no proof needed.
I've seen many Christian say, quite often, something to the effect of "God is what I believe Him to be", but it beats me how they reason that out, as the Christian god has to many descriptive failings, contradictions and limiting attributes to be a real god.
Your right beliefs and faiths do not establish "truths" or facts. It does not matter how many people believe or for how many centuries they have believed it. It does not matter how reverent or important people think of them, if it does not agree with evidence and reality, then it simply cannot have any validity to the outside world. All things we know about the world, we can express without referring to a belief..............................The more you know the less you believe....................................
Posted by Fiasco 3 years ago
Fiasco
(Sorry, I forgot to add quotes to the first part of my last comment, and to address it to missmedic.)

@Im_Intelligent:

That's right, I'm not trying to prove that God exists right now - only that our belief has nothing to do with His existence. I've seen Atheists say, quite often, something to the effect of "God is what you believe Him to be", but it beats me how they reason that out!