BertrandsTeapot
kayelliemona

God cannot possibly be both omnipotent and omniscient

BertrandsTeapot

Pro

If god were omniscient, He would be able to use the state of the universe at any given time to predict the state at any future time. However, If he were omnipotent, He could change that future in which case his prediction was wrong and he would not be omniscient. If he was unable to change the future, He would not be omnipotent.

kayelliemona

Con

If God were to change the future, It would be in the future. Since God knows the future, He would know that He was going to change it. So therefore, Due to the fact that He is all-knowing, He would not be incorrect. But, There is no logical reason for God to change the future at all, Since He is all knowing and has been since the beginning. Absolutely nothing could take Him by surprise.
-This is my first time doing this, So please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. Thanks!
BertrandsTeapot

Pro

At any given time there is a future that God "knows" to be true. It may include changes of some sort. If he were truly omnipotent, He would be able to change this future. However by changing it, He'd show he wasn't omniscient in the first place.

There doesn't have to be a logical reason for God to change the future. He clearly does things that defy any convention of logic we know today. If he were omnipotent, He should be able to change the future if he wants to, Even if he has no intention to.
kayelliemona

Con

I don't know all the answers. I'm young and I don't know what I'm doing. But I know that there will always be questions we can't answer. We will not and will never understand God, Because He is above us. I knew coming into this that you were going to win. My purpose in life isn't about winning debates. My purpose is in spreading the truth. That being said, You used the very logic you said God can defy to reach your conclusion. You forgot one thing. God can defy anything. You said it yourself
BertrandsTeapot

Pro

I most definitely did not say that God can defy anything. If he could, He could defy his own plans meaning he couldn't have been omniscient in the first place. If you are accepting a debate on this very topic, You ought to have something to back up your position other than blind faith. Unsubstantiated beliefs are welcome in religion and many other places, But debates are not the place for them.

As Con has conceded that I have won, I'd request judges to ensure that is carried through voting.
kayelliemona

Con

You definitely won, Sorry for wasting your time. But I do have more than blind faith. I bit off more than I can chew, Clearly this website isn't for me. I'm going to go sit embarrassed in a corner now
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Unfortunately, I can't say the same about you. You're batting. 000 when it comes to respecting my time and efforts to maintain this site's voting standards.
Posted by BertrandsTeapot 3 years ago
BertrandsTeapot
Congratulations dsjpk5. . . You're 1 for 3 in respecting other people's time and energy. You'd be doing well in the MLB
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
I could have voted here, But notice that I haven't.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Pro really got trashed. . No one can beat an imagination with another imagination. .
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
What can happen will happen. So no difference between "us" and the gods we created.