Masterful
Anonymous

God does not exist. Prove your stance.

Anonymous has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Masterful

Pro

This debate is a remake, the original was accepted by an individual who has an inability to debate. I'm looking for a rational religious person to talk to. If you are not rational or have an I.Q of less than 80 then you should not accept this debate.

Rules:

1. No Bible quotes are allowed as Bible quotes do not prove anything.
2. No insults.
3. State your views.
4. dsjpk5 is not allowed to vote on this debate, he a a known vote spammer and his votes don't mean jack.
5. This is meant to be an exchange of information and knowledge, if all you're going to do is take a stubborn argumentative stance with no regard for your opponents questions, then you will forfeit.

If rule 4 is broken Moderators will be contacted.
If any other rules are broken, points should be deducted at the voters discretion.

Keep it as concise as possible we don't want to hear a rant we want substance. If you ain't got any then don't accept.

My views: I don't think a God exists. Using 'God did it' is the same as saying 'it's magic'

Con

I accept this debate and I am ready to begin. I see that I am making a huge claim that God exists so because the burden of proof lies on me, I will start.
The first thing atheists tell me when I say that God exists is that no one can prove it. This is partially correct because we cannot see physical signs of him. That does not mean however that there aren't good arguments for him. There is a reason why we don't see signs of him which I will go into in a minute. But atheists seem to think that because we cannot see him means he doesn't exist. But gravity, wind, and atoms can't be seen, so does that mean they don't exist? Of course not. That argument presented by atheists is flawed. The next thing I get from atheists is that we have proof of atoms, gravity, and wind, yet we have no proof of God. Well, there is a reason for this. Christianity is the religion I believe in and it is 100% a faith-based belief. And well, if we had piles of evidence for him, would it then still be faith-based? Faith is the belief in the unseen but if we see God, then we no longer believe in God by faith. As a matter of fact, if we had piles of evidence for him, then everyone would believe in him and therefore be saved, which again contradicts the Bible and what Christians believe.
But back to my point of there being good cases for God. There are many of them but for the first round, I will go into three of them.
The first is the argument from design. When you look at the world around us, you see the complexity of it. Take DNA. It contains the amount of information equivalent to 1000 sets of Encyclopedia Britannica's put together. Every life form on this earth has them. Without a God, in the equation, then it all must have come from nothing. But if it takes a very smart person-years to put together even one, then wouldn't there have to be an even more intelligent person to put together 1000 sets of encyclopedia's in the first one-celled animal. Or did it all just come together from an explosion, also known as the big bang? If so, that is an awful lot to be arranged perfectly from a single explosion. And if DNA is that complicated, can you even imagine the rest of the world? How can it be chance? How can it all come from an explosion that I don't even believe to be possible. Nothing cannot produce something so I don't see how this explosion could have occurred. This world calls for an intelligent designer, not chance.
My second argument is the argument from motion. According to Isaac Newton's first law of motion everything that is in motion will stay in motion until acted on by another force. At the same time, nothing will ever be in motion until acted on by another force. In other words if anything is in motion, there must be a force that causes it to do so. This law completely contradicts the idea that there is no God. You see, everything in this world is in motion. Because nothing can set itself in motion, there must be an outside force that is the result of all motion today. Because God is all powerful he can do anything and therefore does not need to be set in motion and is the only thing that can be the root cause of all motion today. Otherwise, Isaac Newton is wrong.
My third argument is the cosmological argument. Here is what it states:
P1 everything that exists has a cause of existence
P2 Because the universe exists, it must have a cause of existence
P3 Because nothing cannot produce something, that cause must be an outside force
P4 That outside force is God
P5 God created the universe
C God exists
I will probably get lots of questions on this particular argument which I will answer in the next round.
So tell me, If God does not exists, then give me a step by step explanation of how the universe was created from nothing.
Masterful

Pro

Thank you for accepting.

You begin by saying
"Atheists seem to think that because we cannot see him means he doesn't exist. But gravity, wind, and atoms can't be seen"

1. Electron microscopes allow us to see atoms [1]

2. The effects of gravity and wind can be tested and are experienced in our everyday lives. We cannot test for God.

-Your first argument-

You argue that the world around us is too complex to occur naturally, yet are willing to state that this world was created by an infinitely complex being. If I were to explain the process's that created everything we see it would deviate from this entire debate, so if you want to know specifics we can private message.
Within your first argument you attack the big bang and state "Nothing can't come from something" If that is true, then where did God come from? He either came from nothing or something.

-Your second argument-

The law of motion is: "Newton's first law states that every object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless compelled to change its state by the action of an external force. This is normally taken as the definition of inertia."

To debunk this I can rely on a very recent discovery.
Two separate research teams have created structures in which the atoms arrange themselves in a pattern that "repeats itself in time, rather than in space. these structures never settle down into a thermal equilibrium, they pulse to a regular beat without the need for any external energy source.
This makes them atomic scale versions of perpetual motion machines that break two rules: Newton's first and second laws of thermodynamics.
Proof of perpetual motion proves something can come from nothing. [2]

-Your third argument-

P1 everything that exists has a cause of existence- What caused God?
P2 Because the universe exists, it must have a cause of existence- I could agree with this.
P3 Because nothing cannot produce something, that cause must be an outside force- Proof of perpetual motion via the sources I've provided debunk the "nothing cannot produce something" argument, which if true tells us nothing, as God would then need a creator.
P4 That outside force is God- It doesn't have to be, that's quite a logic jump you're making.
P5 God created the universe- With all the suffering around the world, innocent people dying, if he did, then he did a poor job. A perfect creator would not create an imperfect universe, that would make him imperfect.

[1] https://motherboard.vice.com...
[2a] https://phys.org...
[2b] https://motherboard.vice.com...
[2c] https://www.newscientist.com...
[2d] https://motherboard.vice.com...
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
secondsintax
creation of the universe is unexplained!!!! Must 100% be god then!!
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
missmedic
If god created anything according to a thought-out logical plan, or, if God had a desire to create anything that wasn't pure random chaos, then, god's thoughts must have been framed around logic. This logic allowed god to think and create, and, gave motivation to God. Logic must have been the first cause; but if logic is a requirement for God and existed before God could create, then God cannot be the First Cause, and therefore, creator-god theism is false, and atheism is true.
There is no possibility of any being existing with the properties that we would recognize as godly.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Masterful
Which God?
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Oops. It should have said, "Feel free to challenge me, IF I can choose which God I choose to prove exists."
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Feel free to McHale
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Masterful
My opponent might not post so I might have to challenge you dsjpk5
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Masterful
You were welcome to accept the debate.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
dsjpk5
I see I can't vote, but can I accept the debate? Can I pick which God I want to prove exists?
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Thus it is fulfilled no one seeks God lest called

Romans 3:11There is no one who understands; no one who seeks God. 12All have turned away; they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

It is FOR THIS CAUSE we wait for the Spirits leading, never pursuing the Doomed, saving all efforts to the willing, the wanting. As written in scripture;
John 6:44
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

There are plenty who DESIRE the Lord, than to waste effort upon the CONDEMNED! We must allow the Spirit to lead, lest time is wasted by our OWN EFFORTS, rather than Gods leading Spirit.

As is plain I have offered to lead the heathen should God chose him, otherwise I leave him to his father the Devil.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Matthew 13:14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: "'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

Isaiah 6:9He said, "Go, and tell this people: 'Keep on listening, but do not perceive; Keep on looking, but do not understand.' 10"Render the hearts of this people insensitive, Their ears dull, And their eyes dim, Otherwise they might see with their eyes, Hear with their ears, Understand with their hearts, And return and be healed.""